Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2008, 11:51 PM

1,642 posts, read 3,655,212 times

Advertisements

Lots of flooding around here...but none at our place. Thank God we bought a home on high ground!

Thanks for the well-wishes, Gregory! Flooding is a bad thing no matter where you live!

Old 03-20-2008, 10:01 AM

2 posts, read 3,070 times
Hey everyone, I am interested in attending the next OTFCC meeting. Have you decided on when/where? Or even started thinking about it?

Hope everyone is above water right now...

Old 03-20-2008, 10:52 AM

870 posts, read 3,082,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrschilicook View Post
Ok Gang o' mine.

I believe we agreed that we would do 2 (two) events in April. A coffee klatch earlier in the month and a show (thanks to Darlyn) later in the month (the 26th?).

So how about Coffee on the 9th or 10th? Any suggestions? The French Hen in the north end of Branson looks promising (no you won't have to go IN to Branson). Or someplace in Springfield (Kaldi's? Churchills? Other?)

Anyone know any place in Nixa....maybe we can get snake8 to come out of hiding...

Sorry I missed this weeks event...love the jazz cafe.
Hi gregwasserman! Welcome!! We would love for you to join us!
I believe we decided on April 9th @ The French Hen, 10am, for the coffee and I want to invite ALL of ya'll to The Branson Brothers Show at the Americana Theatre on the 26th of April. We will get a group rate of $10.00 each! (Reg.$30.) Please direct message me if you are going to attend, so I can give the theatre our numbers a few days ahead of time. We are still working out the details on when and where to meet, with a possible dinner get together, prior to the show....Keep ckg in here for details!

No more rain!! Here are some pictures taken around the area! It is bad!!
KSPR News | YouNewsTV (http://www.kspr.com/younews - broken link)

Old 03-20-2008, 11:00 AM

791 posts, read 1,820,019 times
Quote:
Ok Gang o' mine.

I believe we agreed that we would do 2 (two) events in April. A coffee klatch earlier in the month and a show (thanks to Darlyn) later in the month (the 26th?).

So how about Coffee on the 9th or 10th? Any suggestions? The French Hen in the north end of Branson looks promising (no you won't have to go IN to Branson). Or someplace in Springfield (Kaldi's? Churchills? Other?)

Anyone know any place in Nixa....maybe we can get snake8 to come out of hiding...

Sorry I missed this weeks event...love the jazz cafe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregwasserman View Post
Hey everyone, I am interested in attending the next OTFCC meeting. Have you decided on when/where? Or even started thinking about it?

Hope everyone is above water right now...

Greg, as you can see, MrsC is trying to get the details figgered out. And once they are, we'd be very happy to have you join us.

And even if you're the only male in attendance, don't worry....we're not the gum smacking, nail painting, stiletto heel wearin' kinda gals some think we are. LOLOLOLOL We're just regular gals who would be very happy to have you join in. My husband was the first male to make it to a meet, and he actually had quite a good time. So....if that helps.

MrsC, if the meet is on a Tues, Weds or Sat, and in the Springfield/Ozark/Nixa area, I can probably make it. Unfortunately, Branson is just becoming too far for me to travel. Unless it's on Sat and I can bring my hubby, then I could probably make it occasionally. Does that make sense?

I don't mean to be a party pooper, but it's over an hour away, and is just not as easy as I thought it would be. I'm sorry.

And to add to your comment about 'Kaldi's'...I drove past it yesterday, and it looks like a real nice place. Plenty of parking, and easy to find!!! And Churchill's would be nice too....it was comfy and quaint. I quite enjoyed it there. Although, I must say, the Riverwalk Jazz Cafe in Ozark was a very lovely place too. Parking can be tricky, but it's very comfortable inside.

Anyhoo, that's just my 2 cents. Hope everyone is having a great day. I hope to be able to see you all again real soon!!!

Out for now,
Boof

Old 03-20-2008, 11:03 AM

791 posts, read 1,820,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowCaver View Post
ROFLMFTO!!!

Love it... sooooooooooooo great! Thanks ya all, feels like some durn good company right there...
Cave Man,

We can't wait for you and the Mrs to be able to join us. Maybe with the weather getting better??????

And yes....it is some 'durn good company', but it'd be better with you and your better half there.

Just Dreamin',
Boof

Old 03-20-2008, 03:09 PM

879 posts, read 2,879,193 times
Default April Otfcc---two Events

Ok gang and newcomers...

First there are two OTFCC get togethers this month. One is a night out with the Branson Brothers (see Darlyn0217's earlier post) on Saturday April 26th. Please let her know if your interested as she is getting us discounted tickets. Also let her know if you are interested in having dinner in Branson sometime before the show. She will confirm the particulars in a couple of weeks.

Sounds like Wed. April 9th, 10:00 is a go for a coffee clatch. However, the "Where" is still open. While the last was in Ozark (middle ground) the show is in Branson. So may I suggest that the April coffee meet be in Springfield for some of the newcomers who are interested? I would also suggest Kaldi's on Battlefield. If someone wants to suggest something else speak up....all input welcome. If the above is ok with everyone please let the thread know..

Old 03-20-2008, 10:28 PM

9 posts, read 16,388 times
Hi all,

My family is relocating to the area around the 15th of April and i have been reading the coffee club threads and thought i'd introduce myself. I'm Michelle and my family consists of my Husband Joe Barr, my 4 ty. old daughter and our 19 year old son. We are in AZ now and can't wait to get there. I'm sure you'll find this hard to believe but we can't wait to get out of this dry dessert and get around some rain and trees.

Old 03-21-2008, 07:38 AM

4,682 posts, read 12,059,299 times
Welcome to MO! And, also to the bestest part of this forum too... I love visiting AZ, and other parts of the SW, from a geologist eyes can see the rocks and strata without all that durn greenery getting in the way - but, after a bit of time, yea,,, the soul does hurt for the trees, grasses, creeks, and such; so, yea, know what ya mean! Again, good luck on your move and safe travels.

Old 03-21-2008, 08:43 AM

870 posts, read 3,082,229 times
Quote:
Ok gang and newcomers...

First there are two OTFCC get togethers this month. One is a night out with the Branson Brothers (see Darlyn0217's earlier post) on Saturday April 26th. Please let her know if your interested as she is getting us discounted tickets. Also let her know if you are interested in having dinner in Branson sometime before the show. She will confirm the particulars in a couple of weeks.

Sounds like Wed. April 9th, 10:00 is a go for a coffee clatch. However, the "Where" is still open. While the last was in Ozark (middle ground) the show is in Branson. So may I suggest that the April coffee meet be in Springfield for some of the newcomers who are interested? I would also suggest Kaldi's on Battlefield. If someone wants to suggest something else speak up....all input welcome. If the above is ok with everyone please let the thread know..
Having the coffee in Springfield is the best idea yet! Maybe we can get some of our new peeps to come! (erdnuss here's our chance!!)
http://bestsmileys.com/hugging/3.gif (broken link)

Old 03-21-2008, 11:01 AM

Location: Branson-Hollister-Kimberling City-Blue Eye-Ridgedale
1,814 posts, read 5,382,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrsgirl View Post
Hi all,

My family is relocating to the area around the 15th of April and i have been reading the coffee club threads and thought i'd introduce myself. I'm Michelle and my family consists of my Husband Joe Barr, my 4 ty. old daughter and our 19 year old son. We are in AZ now and can't wait to get there. I'm sure you'll find this hard to believe but we can't wait to get out of this dry dessert and get around some rain and trees.
It's not hard to believe...the first thing I fell in love with is how it's green all summer here!

~WELCOME~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darlynn0217 View Post
Having the coffee in Springfield is the best idea yet! Maybe we can get some of our new peeps to come! (erdnuss here's our chance!!)
http://bestsmileys.com/hugging/3.gif (broken link)
Anywhere is fine with me...I'll do my best to get there if it's in Springfield...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area