Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2011, 09:07 PM

15 posts, read 38,702 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by show me boy View Post
firebll31, thanks for the tips.

Curmudgeon, i think you might be reading too much into this. I am only hoping to ensure a good first impression, not "shelter" my wife or pull some scam on her. She's no pushover. Additionally, we're looking at the area for her career, not mine. That means she is in the driver's seat on this one. I'm confident that she would appreciate my efforts as she also prefers to have positive experiences and does not wish to waste her time or spend it in places she doesn't enjoy. In fact, this sort of scouting and planning is a very normal part of our routine, whether it's for a vacation or a move. She counts on it.

As i mentioned, my wife already has some issues with mo. I have moved enough and traveled enough to know that every area has both good an bad. If we only have a couple of days in town, i want them to be positive, and i want to ensure that we gather relevant information for our decision process. That means i want us to see the kinds of places we would end up living and spending our time anyway, if we move there. No sense wasting time looking at places that don't meet our needs and ending up with a sense that what we want doesn't exist there.

Curmudgeon, i've seen a lot of your posts and gathered some good info on the area already. Thank you. I've also noted that you have pointed out a lot of the negatives. Thanks for that info too. But please don't be so suspicious. I'm not out to "get" anyone, and certainly not the love of my life. If you don't trust me, don't offer any tips, but please don't discourage others from helping me.

Cheers!
well said!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2011, 10:17 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,466,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUEOCEAN_NANA View Post
well said!!!!!
Just curious, did you read any further or did you just stop there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area