U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-22-2007, 02:33 PM

11 posts, read 29,205 times

Advertisements

What is the average price per square foot for new residential construction in Branson? I know I can't expect specific numbers without listing details of what I'm wanting in a house, but what is the average cost?

I built a beautiful 2,600 sq. ft. home in deep south Texas for $80,000 (minus the land). I know labor is more in Missouri, so what should I expect?

Also, when does building slow down or come to a halt due to weather?

Any info would be greatly appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2007, 06:14 PM

46 posts, read 158,024 times
when i was in the area this past February i priced a few builders to build my new MO home. i got prices of $90-$110/sq ft (not including land of course) for about a 2000 sq ft home with a walk out basement. my wife and i actually ended up getting some property (3.5 acres) for a steal and couldnt pass it up for about $30K.

many of the builders i talked to weren't against you doing some of the work yourself to offset some of the cost. thats what i plan on doing since im in construction anyway. so if you're handy you might consider that.

Old 08-22-2007, 08:27 PM

1,801 posts, read 3,502,645 times
Default All over the board...

Well Carrie, that's a tough question...you're right.

It depends on a lot of things, the type of construction (standard 3br, 2ba, 2car, 8' ceilings, carpet & vinyl, formica...to upscale 12' ceilings, granite, custom wood work...you know.) It also depends on WHERE. And our construction costs are definitely impacted by the terrain. It's not flat here, there's very little dirt. Steep, rocky. Generally.

I think cyberbone's right on at $90-$110 for a decent house...including the excavation costs...including water & sewer...realize that we're just a series of small towns and many of our homes have private well and septic. Just like you were out in the country! Some subdivisions (don't let the word scare you, it's not like back home) have a big community well so they offer community water for a small annual fee...that helps. But that whole issue has to be considered.

The other issue with building here is that we have no building codes. The reputation of the builder is key. There are great builders putting up quality houses and there are cut-corner guys out there. You have to really know who you're dealing with...

Hope that helps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area