U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2006, 07:15 PM

1,958 posts, read 3,398,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fish2026 View Post
Well Marks you both write and think like a redneck. If you lived in Texas how come you dont know that Texas was part of Mexico and we took their land away from them. We grabbed it just like Iraq grabbed Kuwait. I only suggested that it would be nice to learn Spanish, however because you haven't really learned to write in English yet - I know why you're upset.

I certainly didn't see any numbers to back up your opinion.

As for Farmers complaining maybe if you read the news ( maybe if you could read) you'd know farm states had introduced legislation to allow for a farm worker exception so that farms could keep prices low. Barbara Boxer and one of her Republican counterparts introduced this last week. Its not whether I can afford the produce, its how it affects the economy in general when food prices rise (hint did you ever hear the term inflation?).

You actually proved my point its the lower class and the less educated as well as the politicans who cater to them- that complain about illegals.

IF it werent racism how come NONE OF YOU have bitched about all the Canadians who come here and never keep up the paperwork? Europeans come here illegally as well.
Marks may be correct about Fear but because there is no evidence that illegal mexicans commit more crimes than others what could he be fearing ( that his minimum wage job will be taken over by an illegal who will work harder and ***** less)?

Mexico doesnt have the resources we do to ever become as wealthy. No one is going to give them Texas back with all the oil, natural gas and farming areas.

I will let your vile and insulting post stand just as it is for all to read.

Old 10-01-2006, 07:59 PM

16,885 posts, read 19,959,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam Eaton View Post
I'm from Phoenix and we are now at 51% Hispanic. We are thinking of moving to the Nixa/Springfield area in about 3 years. Do you know if they have a lot of Hispanics in that area??
I have attempted to verify the 51% number in an official publication. I have been unable to do so. The 2005 census states 41% but that is in Phoenix city limits. In the greater Maricopa County area - which is "Phoenix" to the outside world roughly 28% identify themselves as Hispanic. And that includes the higher Phoenix city numbers. In the burbs, many cities have 20% or less. Anyhow, the existence of a large Hispanic percentage provides little useful information in itself. More meaningful would be the percentage of illegal, uneducated, unskilled, low-paid workers, people on public assistance, single parent households, persons on probation, and other reliable markers of social distress. Unfortunately, all of those have increased as well in the past ten years. I don't think the degradation in quality of life here can be explained simply by increases in the percentage of Hispanics. More likely, it has to do with the increases in population in general.

Old 10-02-2006, 02:07 AM

8,033 posts, read 2,438,092 times
Thread closed .

Homepage
Forum Rules
FAQ
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area