Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2006, 12:20 AM

29 posts, read 163,915 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TornadoAlley View Post
With that super highway coming through, MO might not be a state you want. The boarder check point is in Kansas City, MO. It will be like living in TX or AZ by the boarder. Maybe MT, SD or something?
This is a bummer. Here in the bay area of CA there are areas that are pointless to visit unless you are completely fluent in Spanish. Now this may only be in this area but there is some weird racial/cultural hatred that I personally need to get far, far away from. Just being looked at with loathing and spat at is bad enough, I don't want to find out what happens when it gets taken to the next level. I am too old for all this.

Old 09-18-2006, 12:36 AM

1,126 posts, read 3,844,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorrwill View Post
This is a bummer. Here in the bay area of CA there are areas that are pointless to visit unless you are completely fluent in Spanish. Now this may only be in this area but there is some weird racial/cultural hatred that I personally need to get far, far away from. Just being looked at with loathing and spat at is bad enough, I don't want to find out what happens when it gets taken to the next level. I am too old for all this.
<-----From California

Old 09-18-2006, 07:49 AM

1,962 posts, read 5,184,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TornadoAlley View Post
<-----From California
Marks ----> from California too.

Old 09-29-2006, 05:57 PM

1 posts, read 2,662 times
Default Mexicans in MO

We moved from Phoenix last year. There is not the border issues happening here like there. It is hard to find where to go here. My daughter is part Mexican and we live in a small town about 30 minutes from Nixa. I hear Monett has a lot more there, Springfield is a more cultural then anywhere in this part of MO, but it is cit, so not as big as {hoenix, Glendale, Mesa, anywhere there. It is way different here, it is not the giant melting pot at in AZ. We are looking to move from our small town and it is a struggle to know where to go, mostly due to tornadoes and us having so many dogs. In Nixa, there are high property taxes as in AZ, it is growing like there, the huge problem is the tornadoes and sink holes. My personal opinion, if I had to do it without so many dogs, I would choose Republic, even Ozark. Those are really nice places, races are not an issue and they are growing, but not as fast as Nixa. I hope this helps!

Old 09-29-2006, 06:34 PM

226 posts, read 997,169 times
adjustingtoMo

I'm from Phoenix. Been here 21 years. Do you like MO, or are you sorry you moved? What do you like about MO and what don't you like? We are thinking of moving around springfield, MO in about 3 years.
Thanks for your input.

Old 10-01-2006, 05:25 PM

105 posts, read 145,675 times
The entire "illegal" issue is based on racism - people just want an excuse to hate or look down. Why do I say that when Im also against affirmative action and any special programs just to help minorities?

The answer lies in all of the studies done on illegal immigration. The latest one is negative and says it cost the US $220 million a year for the first generation - ( usually the 2nd generation works extra hard to get an education so they wont be like their parents).

Anyway $220 million whoopie if that bothers you think thats probably about ONE DAY's SPENDING in IRAQ. At least the money with illegals and their services stays here.

As a former prosecutor in texas where there are plenty of illegals, I know that most of them are law abiding and work their asses off for jobs that either are really low paying and/or are done in the hot Texas sun.

Take a look at the people who most hate illegals and you will find they are at the lower scale of the economic ladder and feel threatened that they will be outworked on their Burger King jobs. Ask doctors, attorneys and business leaders on the other hand and most could care less. Farmers in Tx and Cal really need illegals because if they had to pay American wages our produce prices would go WAY up.

While they are here they should learn English ( and so should most rednecks). We arent obligated to speak Spanish although I learned it and its been fun and rewarding.

Old 10-01-2006, 05:58 PM

You must not live in AZ..... 51% illegals here.

I agree that the Mexican's that are here illegally are VERY hard working. When you hire them, they do a great job and are always very nice.

I feel bad for them. I know all they want is a better life for their family. BUT, they are illegals. They have broken the law.

I would love for their own country to get their **** together and do something to help their own people.

I hate going into the store and all I hear is spanish..... Some have been here for years and still don't know English. You live in America you need to know English. That goes for everyone..... You come from Germany, you need to speak English.

I guess I'm bothered by the fact that my car has been hit three times by illegal mexicans with no car insurance. This is a big problem here. Yes, they are hard working, but somethings got to change.

Huge problem not sure what the answer is, but maybe if Mexico wasn't so bad, they wouldn't want to leave. Wish we could change that problem.

Old 10-01-2006, 06:27 PM

1,962 posts, read 5,184,325 times
"The entire "illegal" issue is based on racism - people just want an excuse to hate or look down."

Not true at all, absolutly false. If anything it's based on fear.

As a former prosecutor in texas where there are plenty of illegals, I know that most of them are law abiding and work their asses off for jobs that either are really low paying and/or are done in the hot Texas sun.

So? I lived in Texas for almost a decade and ran into the illegal Mexicans alot being one of those so-called "lower scale of the economic ladder" you just insulted. So, it's ok to insult and make fun of lower class workers and "rednecks" but not illegal Mexicans? That makes great sense Law abiding? they broke the law and are continuing to do so coming into this country. They can work just as hard in the hot sun in Mexico, sir.

"Ask doctors, attorneys and business leaders on the other hand and most could care less. Farmers in Tx and Cal really need illegals because if they had to pay American wages our produce prices would go WAY up."

Again false. "Could care less" yep that's why we have this problem. Your produce prices would go up? oh poor baby. You seem to present yourself that you could afford it. Again simply nonsense. I know people here in CA that hire illegals and don't hire white Americans because they can pay them cheap and they intern make huge amout of money saving on taxes, SS, and the like. But maybe others would like us to be a third world country.

While they are here they should learn English ( and so should most rednecks). We arent obligated to speak Spanish although I learned it and its been fun and rewarding.

Hum? another insulting comment? Why should we learn Spanish? come to California, and your Spanish will come in handy.

Old 10-01-2006, 07:16 PM

Good for you Marks....

Old 10-01-2006, 08:08 PM

105 posts, read 145,675 times
Well Marks you both write and think like a redneck. If you lived in Texas how come you dont know that Texas was part of Mexico and we took their land away from them. We grabbed it just like Iraq grabbed Kuwait. I only suggested that it would be nice to learn Spanish, however because you haven't really learned to write in English yet - I know why you're upset.

I certainly didn't see any numbers to back up your opinion.

As for Farmers complaining maybe if you read the news ( maybe if you could read) you'd know farm states had introduced legislation to allow for a farm worker exception so that farms could keep prices low. Barbara Boxer and one of her Republican counterparts introduced this last week. Its not whether I can afford the produce, its how it affects the economy in general when food prices rise (hint did you ever hear the term inflation?).

You actually proved my point its the lower class and the less educated as well as the politicans who cater to them- that complain about illegals.

IF it werent racism how come NONE OF YOU have bitched about all the Canadians who come here and never keep up the paperwork? Europeans come here illegally as well.
Marks may be correct about Fear but because there is no evidence that illegal mexicans commit more crimes than others what could he be fearing ( that his minimum wage job will be taken over by an illegal who will work harder and ***** less)?

Mexico doesnt have the resources we do to ever become as wealthy. No one is going to give them Texas back with all the oil, natural gas and farming areas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area