Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2012, 05:26 PM

18 posts, read 26,525 times

Advertisements

Hi I am Ali, married to Ron and the new managers for Branson View Campground and am looking for:

1. a good family doc that does not cost an arm & a leg - we have no health insurance
2. a good family oriented church; we have attended Mennonite, Baptist, Nazarene, Covenant churches in the past.
3. a home group/Bible study for couples

4. and most importantly to make new friends here in Branson.

Looking forward to hearing from y'all soon.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2012, 12:08 AM

34 posts, read 51,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ali1257 View Post
Hi I am Ali, married to Ron and the new managers for Branson View Campground and am looking for:

1. a good family doc that does not cost an arm & a leg - we have no health insurance
2. a good family oriented church; we have attended Mennonite, Baptist, Nazarene, Covenant churches in the past.

Hello Ali...I pastor a new church-plant here in Branson [been here about 7 Mos. & also looking for new friends!]. You can read more about us @: christianfaithtab.wordpress.com

We place a high emphasis on the Scriptures & I will be beginning a Thurs. Night Bible class on Creationism this Thurs. evening w/ Q & A afterward. The church is in the Mt. Branson area. Presently we are a small number, but many have expressed interest in the new work. Our info. is on the website listed above & pls. do not hesitate to contact us anytime! Hey, you can even grill me on what we believe ! We are from the deep-south, so you may have to overlook our thick southern drawl !

Blessings & welcome!

Old 06-11-2012, 06:47 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,471,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddin' Tang View Post
Hello Ali...I pastor a new church-plant here in Branson [been here about 7 Mos. & also looking for new friends!]. You can read more about us @: christianfaithtab.wordpress.com

We place a high emphasis on the Scriptures & I will be beginning a Thurs. Night Bible class on Creationism this Thurs. evening w/ Q & A afterward. The church is in the Mt. Branson area. Presently we are a small number, but many have expressed interest in the new work. Our info. is on the website listed above & pls. do not hesitate to contact us anytime! Hey, you can even grill me on what we believe ! We are from the deep-south, so you may have to overlook our thick southern drawl !

Blessings & welcome!
Have you told her that you're looking to move to Mountain View, AR, don't like Northerners and think the people in Branson are rude?

Old 06-11-2012, 06:53 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,471,872 times
Quote:

Hi, Ali. Welcome to the neighborhood. I can't really answer your specific questions but since we moved to the area (we're down on Table Rock Lake) about three years ago we've found people to be very friendly, welcoming and helpful. I hope that's your experience as well.

Hope we can meet via the coffee club soon.

Old 06-11-2012, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Have you told her that you're looking to move to Mountain View, AR, don't like Northerners and think the people in Branson are rude?
Respectfully [& I mean that sincerely], perhaps you should dig a little more before making unfounded accusations. If [key word] we move to Mt. View it would be quite a while yet &, we would continue to pastor both churches.

I simply noted that every Southerner [w/out fail] we've run into up here has indicated that those more North can be a bit rough around the edges in comparison to the Southern hospitality we're accustomed to. Far cry from claiming we "don't like" them...Quite a quantum-leap going on there .

We, too, have made some GREAT friends while here...There's just a bit of a difference in culture [perhaps I should have stated it that way initially].

We love every soul here & would help [& do help] those we are able. Don't want to appear boastful, so I won't go into how we have helped the down & out here...& continue to do so weekly.

Just trying to make it to the feet of Jesus & bring someone w/ us. Did not mean to elicit any salvo's & if came across as ugly in any way...I apologize. God Bless anyway .

Old 06-11-2012, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Hello Ali...I pastor a new church-plant here in Branson [been here about 7 Mos. & also looking for new friends!]. You can read more about at: christianfaithtab.wordpress.com

Blessings & welcome!
Hope the link works now!

Old 06-11-2012, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Hello Ali...I pastor a new church-plant here in Branson [been here about 7 Mos. & also looking for new friends!]. You can read more about at: christianfaithtab.wordpress.com

Blessings & welcome!
Sorry, the link did not post! Can look up online though. Operator malfunction on my end !

Old 06-12-2012, 06:55 AM

Hi All

Thanks, love your camaraderie. Did check out your website, no offense but thinking your church Puddin' Tang might be a little more pentecostal then my hubby could handle. But we will see.

Do any of you have a recommendation for a good doctor that does not cost an arm and a leg?

And hoping I get to meet some of you soon. Ali

Old 06-12-2012, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Hi All

Thanks, love your camaraderie. Did check out your website, no offense but thinking your church Puddin' Tang might be a little more pentecostal then my hubby could handle. But we will see.

Do any of you have a recommendation for a good doctor that does not cost an arm and a leg?

And hoping I get to meet some of you soon. Ali

Thank you for the response. We have not found a Dr. yet either. I do know that virtually every dentist I've seen so far has been quite costly....but may not have found the right one yet !

Oh & BTW, we do not believe in absolute wild-fire in our worship services, but we do believe in biblical/demonstrative worship....just not mass-hysteria ! As I said, we are very careful to operate precisely according to the Scriptures...as the website indicates. We do not care about being "Pentecostal," though we certainly emphasize the same experience they had on the day of Pentecost (inauguration of the NT church)....We just desire to be Biblical Christians ! Just wanted to let you know we are here for prayer or anything else y'all might need.....even a home-cooked meal ! God Bless.

Old 06-12-2012, 09:38 AM

Puddin' Tang would you mind sending me your email address. I have some questions that might bother others and don't want to do that. Or should I go to the website and send through there?

Hugs!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area