U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 08-21-2013, 01:58 PM
 
Location: SW MO
23,571 posts, read 28,042,857 times
Reputation: 28377

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadgirl80 View Post
Can I take this as Southern = racist?
When applied to MoSouthernMan I think that's a safe bet! Other than that, no you cannot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-21-2013, 04:54 PM
 
Location: CasaMo
14,845 posts, read 6,506,181 times
Reputation: 15075
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
So, since the original subject of this thread was Springfield racism, yea or nay, are you inferring that 25% of MO is racist and another 25% leans in that direction, or is it just you?
The original subject of the thread doesn't matter to him. He'll hijack it and turn it into the only thing he can ever talk about. That's been his deal for a long time and through a multitude of banned accounts.

He's not a southerner at all. He's a kid from St. Louis that wants to be a southerner and shoots through all sorts of hoops to convince himself that he is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-21-2013, 05:18 PM
 
Location: SW Missouri
694 posts, read 994,126 times
Reputation: 921
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoNative34 View Post
The original subject of the thread doesn't matter to him. He'll hijack it and turn it into the only thing he can ever talk about. That's been his deal for a long time and through a multitude of banned accounts.

He's not a southerner at all. He's a kid from St. Louis that wants to be a southerner and shoots through all sorts of hoops to convince himself that he is.
He's also history .... again. We should start a contest thread to see who can identify his newest identity first when he returns.

And he will return.

He ALWAYS returns
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-21-2013, 06:47 PM
 
320 posts, read 452,510 times
Reputation: 229
Excellent. Now I don't have to act like a complete dick anymore. Until he returns that is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-21-2013, 07:17 PM
 
Location: Little Rock, AR
50 posts, read 82,930 times
Reputation: 34
Springfield is very conservative with large evangelical population. There is a small liberal spot near MO State University.

Springfield is in the Ozarks so it looks southern with less diversity. I cannot answer if Springfield is really that racist because I have never lived there before.

If I am to live in MO, I wouldn't live anywhere outside KC, STL, and Columbia. That's just my preferences just like some prefer living in Springfield.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-21-2013, 08:24 PM
 
Location: Tennessee Delta
1,952 posts, read 2,464,917 times
Reputation: 1090
Quote:
Originally Posted by SW Missouri Dave View Post
He's also history .... again. We should start a contest thread to see who can identify his newest identity first when he returns.

And he will return.

He ALWAYS returns
He will be back for sure, you can take that to the bank.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2013, 11:55 AM
 
Location: SW MO
23,571 posts, read 28,042,857 times
Reputation: 28377
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaturalARMO View Post
Springfield is very conservative with large evangelical population. There is a small liberal spot near MO State University.

Springfield is in the Ozarks so it looks southern with less diversity. I cannot answer if Springfield is really that racist because I have never lived there before.

If I am to live in MO, I wouldn't live anywhere outside KC, STL, and Columbia. That's just my preferences just like some prefer living in Springfield.
Those may be fine choices for you. Experientially, cities are usually considerably more liberal than urban, suburban and rural venues. To each their own! If it's any help, Springfield seems to be leaning heavily toward courting and "celebrating its diversity." Hello the left coast in MO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2013, 12:58 PM
 
Location: Finally escaped The People's Republic of California
11,102 posts, read 6,938,232 times
Reputation: 6120
He's back
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-23-2013, 06:06 AM
 
Location: SW Missouri
694 posts, read 994,126 times
Reputation: 921
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali BassMan View Post
He's back
Mod's were on the ball this time. Not only did they ban him quick - they deleted his nonsense as well. I saw where he was copied and answered on another thread.

BigBattleFlag - how did you ever pick him out of the crowd?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-23-2013, 07:40 AM
 
Location: CasaMo
14,845 posts, read 6,506,181 times
Reputation: 15075
1. onegoalstl
2. Back in Blue
3. HugeBluesFan
4. Desert Fox
5. BorderofDixie
6. Deutschland Uber Alles
7. Southern Deutschland Uber Alles
8 BigMissouriFan
9. ClaiborneJacskonFan
10. Tkachukscores
11. BrettHullMyIdol
12. BluesWinCup
13. SouthernMoFan
14. MissouriIsSouthern
15. MoSouthernMan
16. BigBattleFlag
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 - Top