Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2013, 07:20 PM

15 posts, read 18,364 times

Advertisements

So my wife and I are thinkingabout maybe moving to the ozarks in a couple years. My questions are this were are some awesome places to visit? We will probably take 4 or 5 days to visit the area. What places should I make sure to see? Where are some good camp grounds? We will be camping the whole time. We want to keep it simple so branson just nature stuff would be cool!! Thanks everyone
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2013, 11:48 PM

3,199 posts, read 13,341,529 times
Missouri State Parks

Lots of places to camp, fish, float, ski etc. If that's your interest, the Ozarks is certainly the place for it. (but not much else!)

Silver Dollar City near Branson is fun.

Roaring River State Park is very beautiful. I grew up there.

Old 03-15-2013, 03:26 AM

620 posts, read 1,220,987 times
Eureka springs Arkansas

Old 03-15-2013, 07:31 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,301,329 times
For the quintessential Ozark village, Jasper, AR. Gorgeous drive past Dogpatch USA and along the Buffalo National River. Head out from there on Hwy 7 to the summit. Also visit Rockaway Beach, MO (close to Branson) for a taste of the 50s.

Old 03-15-2013, 09:03 PM

167 posts, read 277,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakota1820 View Post
So my wife and I are thinkingabout maybe moving to the ozarks in a couple years. My questions are this were are some awesome places to visit? We will probably take 4 or 5 days to visit the area. What places should I make sure to see? Where are some good camp grounds? We will be camping the whole time. We want to keep it simple so branson just nature stuff would be cool!! Thanks everyone
There a many places to camp. Try looking online at tablerock lake, lake pomme de terre, truman lake, lake of the Ozarks. I live in the area and personally like pomme de terre camping. Central to everything, osage beach 1 hour east, branson 1 1/2 hr south, Kansas city 2 hours north. When are you coming out?
Good luck

Old 03-17-2013, 11:16 PM

1,472 posts, read 2,393,442 times
All depends on what you want in Camping there is plenty of Free Camping but most of it is primitive but then you have some you have to pay but get Water,Electric,Shower House and toilets.Check C.O.E.,M.D.C. and M.T.N.F. Lands.

We do alot of Free Primitive and lots of times don't see anyone for days.

brushrunner

Old 03-18-2013, 01:33 AM

207 posts, read 430,562 times
Table Rock Campground off of 265 in Branson is directly waterfront and fairly centrally located to all the activities of the area.

My personal favorite campground on Table Rock Lake is the Indian Point campground. The area it's located is close to Silver Dollar City or Branson, but is tucked away in the trees and is very quiet other than the sounds of nature and occasional passing boats. I think the setting is quite scenic. There is a marina nearby as well as a boat launch and a swimming beach.

Old 03-18-2013, 10:13 AM

3,663 posts, read 8,633,084 times
Take a drive on the pig trail, we found it by accident and it is quite beautiful.

Old 03-19-2013, 08:16 PM

367 posts, read 761,407 times
Not sure about the restrictions on listing websites so I'll say the Springfield CVB has a link in the lower right hand corner of the page to request their 164 page booklet which contains all the essentials for area visitors and families looking to relocate.

Sent you a PM OP.

Old 03-25-2013, 10:12 AM

7 posts, read 107,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakota1820 View Post
Personally I would highly recommend a stop at Rockbridge, Mo. They have a very good restaurant, trout fishing, cabins (not sure about campsites or not), an old mill, horseback riding, hunting, etc... and is just a beautiful, quiet place to relax and enjoy. The drive down there is always quite beautiful. Rockbridge Missouri | Relax :: Unwind :: Enjoy the Outdoors

Bennett Spring State Park is another nice place to camp if you enjoy trout fishing and camping. R a z o r B a l l

And each of the lakes have their own benefits. Table Rock and Pomme de Terre are nice lakes for relaxing, camping, fishing and family outings. Lake of the Ozarks is your lake for big boats, restaurants, bars, nightlife, etc... and also offers some good fishing and camping sites. I haven't been to Beaver Lake in Arkansas, but have been in the area and it looks very beautiful.

There are also still some old mills you can visit around southern Missouri. Branson of course has the shows and Silver Dollar City. Springfield is just up the road and offers great dining and regular concerts and shows. Eureka Springs is just south of Branson and is a beautiful area with some great antique shops and things of that nature.

The area really has a wide selection of things to do just based on what you enjoy in life. It's hard to not be able to find something for just about every taste somewhere in the near area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area