Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2008, 09:10 PM

6 posts, read 17,116 times

Advertisements

We've been to Branson a couple of times and the kids loved it but its been a few years. Its grown since then but its a real pretty area around there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2008, 09:11 AM

25 posts, read 79,165 times
My website lists homes from agents all over this area, you can look for free with no obligation, Steve Land and homes for sale in the Ozarks of Southwest MO around the Table Rock Lake area of Reeds Spring, Galena, and Branson West.

Old 01-10-2008, 08:31 PM

2 posts, read 5,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake Junkie View Post
Something told me to check in just now...just thought I'd say hello. My heart goes out to you...I remember what it felt like to be choking from the crime, the pollution & the rest. I'd be happy to talk anytime. Love helping my CA peeps.
You might love living down here in Taney or Stone County...we have a lot of infrastructure and amenities for such a small town area because of all the tourism.
It doesn't take long to drive to the sticks. And beyond...
thanks for responding could you send me some of your listings we are looking for some land and i would love a place with a lake.
could you send them to Moderator cut: removed email addy, contact member through site profile
thanks
chuck

Last edited by da jammer; 01-10-2008 at 11:23 PM..

Old 01-11-2008, 04:28 PM

Location: Branson-Hollister-Kimberling City-Blue Eye-Ridgedale
1,814 posts, read 5,361,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sick of CA View Post
thanks for responding could you send me some of your listings we are looking for some land and i would love a place with a lake.
could you send them to Moderator cut: removed email addy, contact member through site profile
thanks
chuck
I'll email you...and you can find all my contact info by clicking on my screen name.

Old 01-12-2008, 10:06 AM

3 posts, read 7,046 times
Default Wanting tomove to Mizzou Country????

This is a great place to live. I live at the Lake of the Ozarks. Deisel is running about 3.19 these days. You get a bigger bang for your buck out here I'm sure. 5 acre lots are averaging about 1,000. to 3500. per acre. depending on where you want to go.
I hear Marshfield,MO which is NW of Springfield in Webster County is a great place to retire to. I'm looking at moving there myself within the next two or three months.
Good Luck
Frank

Old 01-10-2009, 05:06 AM

4 posts, read 9,254 times
Default monative

Quote:
Originally Posted by sick of CA View Post
we have lived in northern ca almost our entire life and we are sick of the cost of living(today #2 diesel $3.59) that is killing us and would like to find a town with about 20 to 30 thousand people with good schools and hospitals.
We would like to live on the outskirts on a little farm 5+ acres room to ride our dirt bikes with out the enviromentalist giving us hell and some where to ride our atvs and go hunting and fishing with out people telling us what bad people we are.
Homes here are crazy we live in a 3 bed 2 bath on a 50x100' lot and it cost$350,000 and it is nothing more than a spec house.
we were looking for a home with 5 acres in the out skirts around here and it would be $650,00.
we have one son,14 so we do need a good school.

thanks
chuck
You would love the area around Alton in South Central Mo. (Oregon County) I just saw a place listed on Ozark Trail MLS for 159,900,wish I could afford it myself. It's on about seven acres. We looked at it and it is the ideal place to ride dirt bikes and such. They have good schools there, plenty of local teens for your son to hang out with,close to town where they have a great supermkt and new medical center. I can't say enough about how pretty it is there,low atxes and all. This house even has a new roof and looks to be totally redone, brick too,not many of those around for the money. Do hope you will look around if you get down that way. We know some very nice folks in that community.

Old 01-10-2009, 10:28 AM

14 posts, read 31,244 times
Sounds like u live up country of the sierras? there r signs all over the place crossing out orv (off road vehicals). people move from the bay area, drive the housing $ up and make the small towns into little san jose's. Twenty yrs ago you could ride your horse to the local bar and it wouldn't be a anything, now main street is a highway and your lucky if someone doesn't open their car door while ur driving by. this would be murphy's. raised my kids there. used to love it. its great for tourists now though. and those that can afford 1/2 million to live in a fixer. Guess what i'm saying i can relate . I have been to missouri several times, and driven all over the place. the people are great and the housing $ are just as great. hope u find what ur looking for. I went to hollister once and really liked that area. there is a lake but i don't know what kind of property w/ house is available. i use mainly realtor.com right now to look for what i'm looking for. Good luck.

Old 01-10-2009, 12:52 PM

1,069 posts, read 2,550,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoltani View Post
SW Missouri is what Californa was like 20-25 years ago.
You'll love it ... and congratulations on your positive decision to expatriate yourselves from the golden state.
And by expatriating yourselves from the golden state and moving to the Show Me State, will you be helping in your own small way (over the next 20-25 years) to turn our beautiful region into what California has become?

Last edited by ShadowCaver; 01-12-2009 at 09:09 AM.. Reason: slight modifying of CA adjective... ;)

Old 01-10-2009, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maagy View Post
Sounds like u live up country of the sierras? there r signs all over the place crossing out orv (off road vehicals). people move from the bay area, drive the housing $ up and make the small towns into little san jose's. Twenty yrs ago you could ride your horse to the local bar and it wouldn't be a anything, now main street is a highway and your lucky if someone doesn't open their car door while ur driving by.

I have been to missouri several times, and driven all over the place. the people are great and the housing $ are just as great.
How long do you think housing costs will stay great in Missouri? Will the number of people moving into Missouri do to us what has happened in California?

Old 01-10-2009, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
Missouri really does need to develop a better trail system so that the wilderness and national forests areas can be better preserved. Missouri also needs better monitoring in National Forest areas because ATVs can easily damage steeply wooded areas. Some people just do not have any respect for the environment I do not know what you mean by Lorances However, a trail system may be a good idea considering the increasing population density in those areas.
Yes, people moving in increase the population density leading to the need for more regulation and more governmental monitoring. we need more California folks to move here; they have experience with regulation and monitoring, so maybe they can help us be a little more progressive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area