U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2013, 09:49 AM

5 posts, read 16,134 times

Advertisements

Looking for information on Nixa and Ozark Specifically. I have read most of the information posted here in regards to these towns and surrounding areas and taken a trip to to visit. I am looking at 3br/2ba single family properties around 150k in a good neighborhood. I have looked at numerous properties online and there seems to be quite a lot of available homes in the range. What areas, if any would be more desirable in that price range? kids and work local is not a consideration. Would prefer a "newer" home build within the last 7 years and generally speaking, are there any areas that I should steer clear of with known problems (poor builders/crime/drugs) or other issues that a local resident would be aware of in Nixa or Ozark? Thank you in advance for any input would be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2013, 03:56 PM

260 posts, read 478,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenshores View Post
Looking for information on Nixa and Ozark Specifically. I have read most of the information posted here in regards to these towns and surrounding areas and taken a trip to to visit. I am looking at 3br/2ba single family properties around 150k in a good neighborhood. I have looked at numerous properties online and there seems to be quite a lot of available homes in the range. What areas, if any would be more desirable in that price range? kids and work local is not a consideration. Would prefer a "newer" home build within the last 7 years and generally speaking, are there any areas that I should steer clear of with known problems (poor builders/crime/drugs) or other issues that a local resident would be aware of in Nixa or Ozark? Thank you in advance for any input would be greatly appreciated.
Where are you moving from? Those cities are in far southern Missouri. the culture will be Ozarks style southern/Dixie down there as that area of Missouri is in the south. Just making you aware if you're moving from somewhere like NY or CA it will be totally different for you.

Old 01-14-2015, 02:52 PM

4 posts, read 9,075 times
Default Nixa and ozark

My family roots are in Missouri and in Arkansas I just want to say that I grew up in California and we move back to Missouri Nixa to be exact and then we had to leave Nixa and come back to California and honestly we miss the slow pace the kindness and the down-home feeling of Missouri Nixa schools are great but it is Dixieland it is southern hospitality and if you are from a big city there will be a culture shock but it will subside the people of Missouri are strong people doesn't matter about the weather you get four seasons that are unpredictable but yet beautiful we will be going back no doubt about it I hope this helps

Old 03-19-2015, 11:05 AM

1,280 posts, read 3,847,633 times
Have you made a visit or looked around? WE have went several times looking at different areas.
I agree if your big city this will be an adjustment. I think the deeper in the hills ya get the more the dixie land goes! I personally have been trying to move gosh for YEARS.. maybe 10 ??? I think in the smaller areas like Nixa, Ozarks Rogersville ... those towns are small and I wonder about the "wrong side of the tracks" Springfield itself is huge compared where we are at now - were in a small country town in Illinois. I would like to know about builders as well. Great question!

Old 04-30-2015, 11:23 AM

9 posts, read 11,251 times
I f you don`t have good credit stay away from this agent LENARD PROPERTIES, LLC | FULL SERVICE SWMO REAL ESTATE BROKERAGE I put application for rent home and they put hard inquiry in my credit report because it was not good enough.You think they can not ? Yes they can they do and if you can not hire credit lawyers nobody change this.I read about it, will be in my credit reports for two years it`s nonsense.Good luck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area