Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2007, 11:17 PM

2 posts, read 6,664 times

Advertisements

My husband and I have been visiting Branson for several years now and absolutely love it! I am currently an Business Manager in a physicians office but want a more "hands on " approach to medicine and am currently training as an RN.

We would like to move to the area once I am finished and wondered about salaries of Rns in the area. Also what are some of the small towns with easy access and close proximity to Branson?? We currently live in an 8x8 town of about 1000 ppl, our new location does't have to be that small but we like small town atmosphere.

Thanks for all your help in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2007, 09:15 PM

4,682 posts, read 12,058,452 times
Abby61, have ya seen this: St. John's Clinic -Urgent Care- Branson Is seeking a Nurse Job in Springfield, MO (broken link)

I recall seeing something about the SW part of the state nursing ave pay of ~$50k?

Here are some other refs that might help:
Branston or Table Rock Lake area?? - allnurses.com Nursing for Nurses
Nursing Jobs in Missouri (missouri-mo)
RNinsider: Missouri Nursing Jobs

In any case, you and all other nurses have my sincere support - admire your dedication and work. Not at all something I could do. Best wishes.

Oh as to being close to Branson, what kind of range in miles/minutes is 'close' for yas, and also, any particular direction - closer towards Springfield or towards Razorback country ?

Old 12-03-2007, 09:38 PM

393 posts, read 1,736,495 times
RN living and working in Springfield. Pay here is less than what I've made elsewhere, and benefits are not nearly as good. Quoting salaries of office nurses vs. hospital nurses is apples and oranges. New grads make starting wages, experience pays more. That's anywhere you go. Basic equation is better pay and benefits for hospital nurse vs. lower pay but M-F no weekends no holidays for office nurse. Depends on where your interest in nursing is. You can look up jobs for Skaggs in Branson online. The two main hospitals in Springfield are Cox and St. Johns. Both have websites. Both have many openings. Skaggs is smaller, so less openings. One of the best and most rewarding things I have done in my life. Have never regretted a moment of it. It's hard work, but most of us love it. Good luck to you, and congrats on becoming an RN!!!

Old 12-11-2007, 08:37 PM

2 posts, read 6,664 times
Thanks for the info and encouragement. As for towns we have been looking on the web at Hollister, Rockaway Beach and Kimberling City. We have not been to any of these towns yet, only Branson which we love.

Can you also give me an idea of typical winter weather I have heard it is pretty mild compared to our part of Illinois but would really like to hear from some locals.

Thank You

Old 12-12-2007, 03:54 AM

Location: Branson-Hollister-Kimberling City-Blue Eye-Ridgedale
1,814 posts, read 5,382,253 times
Abby...I live in the Hollister area (when you say Hollister, you mean the whole mailing address area, right?) and it really is a great place to live.

Typical winter weather is mild by midwest standards...we still haven't seen snow or ice this year. Last year we had a minor ice/snow (about 2") in early December and then a little more snow (about 4") in Jan/Feb...and that was it! You can get statistics here:
http://www.city-data.com/city/Branson-Missouri.html
There seems to be a line...just north of Branson...where the temps change. It's almost always 8-10 degrees warmer than in Springfield.

Hollister is growing by leaps & bounds...new roads, schools, developments.
http://cityofhollister.com/
As Branson is putting the brakes on growth, Hollister is embracing it...and you might also want to look in the Ridgedale area...just south of Hollister at Hwy 86.

Rockaway Beach has been struggling to find itself for years. Once a popular resort town, it has been a depressed area and have been exploring ways to get back to prosperity. Gambling was a big idea but has been nixed. I think we'll see lots of good changes in RB in the next 5 years.

Kimberling City (and Branson West, Reeds Spring in between) has been a popular place for 50 years. Housing prices are a little lower there than in Branson, schools are good...there are lots of great subdivisions hiding in those trees! Many people who work in Branson live in K.C. Good grocery stores, superstore, new roads, etc. They have a terrific marina, good local library, bowling alley...there's a lot going on. Of course the lake is a big part of life...
http://www.kimberling-city.net/
http://www.visittablerocklake.com/

I don't know about wages in Branson, but I do know the HR director at Skaggs...she's awesome and everyone there does a terrific job. It's my hospital of choice.

Good luck! Let us know how things go?

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area