Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2009, 06:40 AM

Location: Branson-Hollister-Kimberling City-Blue Eye-Ridgedale
1,814 posts, read 5,382,253 times

Advertisements

It's just ozarksboy showing his version of small town hospitality...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2009, 06:54 AM

2,735 posts, read 6,735,893 times
Wow, I'm surprised at how many Californians there are in Mo! We are San Diego natives and left California in 2001 and settle in Willard, Mo...it's just a tiny bit north of Springfield. We LOVED everything about Missouri and the area we lived in. Although we were ready for a change, wanted to leave California so we appreciated what Missouri has. I'm not sure if the OP sounds ready to move?
We never had culture shock of any kind. Once you decide you are going to move, just realize that California is only in California and appreciate all the new and beautiful things about your new home.
We would have stayed in Missouri but my husbands job moved us to Georgia and now we are in southwest Va...I've loved every place we've lived in because I've gone in accepting it and check out my new surroundings like a tourist. We get the state tourist guide and start checking off places we want to see.
Good luck with your move!

Old 04-13-2009, 07:29 AM

419 posts, read 1,182,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by breeze823 View Post
Wow, I'm surprised at how many Californians there are in Mo! We are San Diego natives and left California in 2001 and settle in Willard, Mo...it's just a tiny bit north of Springfield. We LOVED everything about Missouri and the area we lived in. Although we were ready for a change, wanted to leave California so we appreciated what Missouri has. I'm not sure if the OP sounds ready to move?
We never had culture shock of any kind. Once you decide you are going to move, just realize that California is only in California and appreciate all the new and beautiful things about your new home.
We would have stayed in Missouri but my husbands job moved us to Georgia and now we are in southwest Va...I've loved every place we've lived in because I've gone in accepting it and check out my new surroundings like a tourist. We get the state tourist guide and start checking off places we want to see.
Good luck with your move!
You have an excellent attitude! Each state has its own gifts.

Old 04-13-2009, 09:28 AM

1,817 posts, read 6,859,261 times
(No offense to anyone who might truly like Nebraska)
But...
I wouldn't choose live there if someone gave me a house.
Sorry Ozarksboy...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area