U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 02-13-2008, 07:21 PM

49 posts, read 194,297 times

Advertisements

So, I've lived in Springfield for Several years now, and have found some things I enjoy doing around here. But, it wasn't until 2 years ago that I found myself a man I really wanted to date (and for everyone's information, I am also about to MARRY that man in just over 2 WEEKS!!!!).
Through dating, engagement, and now with marriage coming up, we have learned what we both like and don't like. Somethings we both enjoy while others only one or the other enjoys. We have thankfully learned to compromise though. We take turns picking where to go on our next date and what to do in our free time.
I'm wanting help with ideas though for places to go around Springfield. We tend to do the same things over and over and what to throw in some variety.
Here are some of the things we enjoy. If you know of places around here that match any of our interests, let me know! But feel free to mention ideas that don't necessarily match our interests because we are always up to checking out new things!
The big key is free or cheap though. We don't make much and often that is what makes us stuck spending so many date nights at home because most of the things we think of cost money (especially in the winter when there aren't as many out door activities we do since the cold keeps us in most of the time!).
Interests
Muscle machines or hot rods. We love the old American Cars!
Hiking, walking, running-any good trails for hiking or walking? Any tracks we can use in town for running?
my fiance enjoys history
I enjoy photography

Hmm...there's more, but I can't think of them right now! lol. But I'm open to hear any ideas you guys have.
Thanks for your help!
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2008, 08:19 AM

1,921 posts, read 4,147,211 times
I would assume that you've been to the Nature Center? There are a lot of hiking trails there.

Have you gone to Artfest? Lots of local art to check out.

Do you like sports? Perhaps you could check out an MSU hockey game. The Springfield Cardinals tickets are pretty cheap as well.

Since your finace is a history buff, you could check out Wilson's Creek battlefield.

Old 02-14-2008, 08:43 PM

1,801 posts, read 3,499,997 times
Default Congratulations...

Good luck with the upcoming nuptuals, erdnuss...

Old 02-15-2008, 08:35 PM

259 posts, read 1,121,687 times
Go and eat at the Crazy Horse restaurant

Old 02-16-2008, 01:14 PM

880 posts, read 1,884,848 times
Default Fun and free

Have you been to hotglass yet? They do demonstrations at their studio
certain days of the week. The Discovery Center...yea I know it's for kids, but my husband and I find that we love these types of places.

Also, go to the chamber of commerce/tourism office (on Battlefield not too far off hiway 65). They have a great little tourist book on Springfield which includes free/cheap things to do not only for tourists, but for residents. It also lists all of the history museums including the sports museum southeast of Springfield which ends up being pretty interesting and I'm not a big sports fan.

Check out Eureka Spring's website. They have a big carshow sometime in the spring that you may love (it's free).

Old 01-24-2009, 12:30 PM

1 posts, read 21,052 times
You live in the Springfield area and like cars? Be sure and take a trip to Midstate Dragway located near Havana, Illinois. It's a great time and they have classes for newcomers. All are welcome!

[url]www.midstatedragway.com[/url]

Old 09-17-2009, 08:59 AM

1 posts, read 19,490 times
Have you guys tried Petra Rock Climbing Gym here in Springfield? I'm not sure the price....my hsuband and I are gonna actually try this weekend! There open til like 1 am on sat. I have heard its a pretty cool place.

Old 09-17-2009, 10:13 PM

1,238 posts, read 2,993,946 times
The Ralph Foster Museum at College of the Ozarks is only $4.50 admission price. Lots to see, much relating to the Ozarks.
Ralph Foster Museum - College of the Ozarks (http://rfostermuseum.com/index.asp - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area