Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2016, 10:57 AM

2 posts, read 2,182 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone!

I just returned to the States after an almost decade-long pseudo-exile in Russia
and somehow I ended up in Springfield instead of going back to NY :')

My Stateside friends are all scattered up and down the east coast, and the rest of my social life has been online for the past decade out of sheer necessity, so I'm left pretty much with just one buddy to hang out with (my hubby)

Anyone have any suggestions for places to meet new people, fun haunts and hangouts, events and stuff?

ALSO anyone know any artist hangouts/meetups/events?? (or perhaps an art school somewhere?)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2016, 07:48 AM

1,328 posts, read 1,462,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitbird View Post
Hi everyone!

I just returned to the States after an almost decade-long pseudo-exile in Russia
and somehow I ended up in Springfield instead of going back to NY :')

My Stateside friends are all scattered up and down the east coast, and the rest of my social life has been online for the past decade out of sheer necessity, so I'm left pretty much with just one buddy to hang out with (my hubby)

Anyone have any suggestions for places to meet new people, fun haunts and hangouts, events and stuff?

ALSO anyone know any artist hangouts/meetups/events?? (or perhaps an art school somewhere?)
There's lots of possible answers to this question. But if you're an artist, one good place to start is to purchase a membership to the Springfield Regional Arts Council. That will help plug you into all kinds of things in the arts community. Best of luck!

Old 07-08-2016, 06:47 PM

367 posts, read 765,564 times
Look up the Springfield Regional Arts Council. Drop by some of the shops downtown. Get information on First Friday Art Walk.

Hang out at the European Cafe (207 park Central East) and engage in Russian with either of the two Ukrainian co-owners. The food and drinks are first class.

Ffaw.org lists a lot of contributors to an inspiring art scene in the Springfield area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area