Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2010, 09:06 AM

46 posts, read 121,884 times

Advertisements

Grants has cinnamon bread - is Grants located in Ozark? I absolutely love the cinnamon bread at Silver Dollar City...I will eat the entire loaf by myself *LOL*.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2010, 11:02 AM

Default Mac n tomatoes...fried okra...lamberts

Quote:
Originally Posted by firebll31 View Post
We ate at Lambert's last night. Got there early and only had wait about 15 minutes. We had not been there for probably 10 years, simply because it is always packed. Not much had changed, still good food and lots of it. My hubby is a big fan of mac and tomatoes and fried okra, both of which I don't care for, so he was in heaven. My only complaint is that I had my roll eaten before the sorghum made it around!

I absolutely love the mac N tomatoes and fried okra! No one else in my family likes either of them *LOL*.

Old 04-29-2010, 11:07 AM

Default Casper's is closed now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrby View Post
i just did another search and find no mention here of casper's other than my own. You cannot be a "local" until you have eaten at casper's. Once may be enough, but you have to go once.

They have been serving the same basic menu since 1905, if i remember correctly. Chili - without tomatoes - hamburgers, bean soup, ham sandwiches, that may be about it. They used to always have a couple of homemade pies as well. I assume they still do; i haven't been there for a couple of years. The decor is, what can i say? Ecclectic. Eccentric.

The place is a quonset hut. They were located for decades next to aunt martha's on glenstone in a quonset hut and lost their lease. The owner committed suicide shortly thereafter. A couple of the employees bought the equipment and business from the family and managed to find another quonset hut for rent or sale. Anyway, there they are. The food is cheap, honest, and good. They open the day after labor day and close on memorial day for the summer. I quit going there because it is not conveniently located for me and it can be difficult to impossible to get a seat, especially on cold winter days.

Now that i think about it, i've got to drop by someday soon before they get so terribly busy. Maybe they still make pecan pie....
just fyi for those of you who do not know: Casper's is now closed down.

Old 04-30-2010, 07:16 AM

1,921 posts, read 6,425,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormiEssence View Post
My eyes! My eyes!

Old 04-30-2010, 08:11 PM

28 posts, read 70,726 times
We tried the Garden Cafe tonight (on South National by Hinode). It was excellent. Wife had a baked chicken sub and I had a monstrous BLT with some of the best bacon I've ever had. One of our friends had the Hawaiian Pizza and it was great, too!

The place is fun, they have tons of subs, burgers, pastas, salads, and pizzas. But the coolest thing about it was they had about 100 different types of bottled soda!

They also had board games sitting out, it was just a fun place to take the family. Definitely give it a

Old 05-01-2010, 05:27 PM

193 posts, read 786,133 times
I would not recommend Little Hacienda in Branson. Wow.....talk about overpriced and disgusting!!! My new fave place to go in Branson is Tijuana Willies....love their phrase that you'll hear the cashiers or waitstaff say as you leave their establishment....

Old 05-03-2010, 10:20 AM

914 posts, read 2,204,734 times
Default Casper's - Open as of May 3 anyway

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormiEssence View Post
I was just down Walnut St. and Casper's was serving lunch, as usual. For all the years I have known of them they do close down from Memorial Day to Labor Day.

Old 05-17-2010, 10:38 AM

90 posts, read 219,761 times
Does anyone know if the Boston Market on Glenstone closed?

Old 05-17-2010, 12:36 PM

57 posts, read 165,772 times
Yeah it did. Sitting empty now. I'll miss that place...I didn't go as often once they stopped serving Roast Sirloin for lunch.

I will second Garden Cafe for a great eating place. Their salads are HUGE!

Old 06-01-2010, 04:17 PM

879 posts, read 2,878,142 times
Default Level 2 & Herradura

Recently tried the new Level 2 Steakhouse in the Hilton at the convention center in Branson. For the old Sullivan fans, some of the chefs and staff work at Level 2. According to the wine stewart, they also get their Rib Eyes and Filet's from the same vendor and cut them at the restaurant. It was excellent although I had the tuna. They get their fish flown in fresh each day (or as fresh as fish can be in the middle of the country), Tuna is from Hawaii if I remember correctly. Also had breakfast there Sunday. They have a small buffet that looked pretty good. I opted for a bacon and cheese omelet and it was EXCELLENT. My dining companion had eggs benedict and she declared them wonderful.

Now Herradura. This is a Mexican restaurant on the corner of Sunshine and Glenstone. I have resisted going in there for a couple of reasons....have had problems finding good Mexican food in Springfield and the looks of the place.
Much to my surprise, the inside is lovely (as long as youi don't look at the ceiling). Lots of the standard stuff, but also several things you usually find in south Texas around the coast. They also had a decent Chili Colorado which I have found impossible to find in this area. Salsa is boring (no heat), but the food isn't half bad. The guys that run it are very nice, helpful, and pleasant. If you have eaten Mexican food around the Corpus Christi Texas area, you'll recognize some of the dishes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area