Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 04:26 PM

1,843 posts, read 3,937,430 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by firebll31 View Post
We ate at Lambert's last night. Got there early and only had wait about 15 minutes. We had not been there for probably 10 years, simply because it is always packed. Not much had changed, still good food and lots of it. My hubby is a big fan of mac and tomatoes and fried okra, both of which I don't care for, so he was in heaven. My only complaint is that I had my roll eaten before the sorghum made it around!
We ate at Lambert's for the first time when visiting the Springfield area in February. What an experience! It was fun. We followed advice and "went starving", without eating anything all day beforehand. Still, there was just way too much food. It was good, though probably more expensive than it would have been with smaller portions and fewer of them. We had too much food to even try the "pass-arounds" that they bring by during the meal, many of which sounded great. I was pleased that they tossed the rolls at me very gently, since I am almost 60 and nearsighted and probably would not have caught them otherwise.

Next time, I'll try taking some food home with me, or sharing a meal with my dinner companion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2008, 05:42 PM

879 posts, read 2,877,942 times
Default Texas Steak and Land Company

The hubby and I tried the Texas Land and Steak Company out at the Landing for lunch today. Somewhat disappointed. Limited lunch items ...two sandwiches (beef of course), a few salads, and several appetizers. Most of the menu is made up of more dinner entrees. But most were fairly reasonably priced.

This was our experience....

Fried Dill Pickles (boof are you listening!?).. EXCELLENT!
Ribs...disappointing. They were supposed to be smoked but lacked any
smoked flavor. But they were tender and a half rack
was more than I could eat.

Hamburger.........nothing exciting. Still like the old fashioned hamburgers at
at "Billy BoBs Diaryland" better.

Margarita...EXCELLENT! (are YOU listening LJ?) but a bit pricey for a top
shelf ($9).

Fries...Superb! Thin, crispy, well seasoned (if you like 'em with a little less
tell them to go light on the salt).

All in all a nice restaurant with excellent customer service and they just opened so they were still training....and we were still impressed with the service. They have a wide range of offerings which can be found on the Texas Land and Steak Companies website (or was it Texas Steak and Land Company?).

Old 04-28-2008, 06:51 PM

28 posts, read 86,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrschilicook View Post
They have a wide range of offerings which can be found on the Texas Land and Steak Companies website (or was it Texas Steak and Land Company?).
If it's the same chain as the ones we've eaten at in Dallas, it's Texas Land & Cattle Company.

Old 04-29-2008, 01:22 PM

13 posts, read 58,008 times
It was the Texas Land & Cattle company. I saw an ad in the newspaper this past weekend and was thinking of giving them a try.

The White River Fish company is very good.

If in springfield there are a few must try places.

Argentina Steakhouse. Located on Republic Rd and Fremont. Good food and relaxing atmosphere.

Ocean Zen. On Battlefield by Food 4 Less. Great food a little pricey but very worth it. The spring rolls are a great app and the steak is to die for.

Rodizio Brazilian Grill. Battlefield and HWY 65. All you can eat top quality meat. Go hungry.

Old 04-29-2008, 03:16 PM

419 posts, read 1,181,889 times
Default Diamond Head

Has anyone tried the Diamond Head restaurant in Republic? There used to be a great Diamond Head restaurant in Springfield where Incredible Pizza is now. I was wondering if those owners moved to Republic or if it was a whole different bunch.

Old 05-07-2008, 01:12 PM

879 posts, read 2,877,942 times
Default Chappys Mall..Branson

The hubby and I went to the Euro Cafe in the new Chappy's mall (poor choice of a name) in Branson (off Commercial near Commerce Bank) today.
They make WONDERFUL coffee and hubby tried the Bakalava (sp?) which he said was great. The coffee is just excellent and the guy who works there is very nice. They also have live music in the evening around 8:00

We also checked out the mall in general...a very nice chocolate patisserie where they make their own chocolates (they use Guittard chocolate) and serve various cakes and pastries. A cheese and gourmet shop has opened (still being stocked) which has some nice cheeses...most of which are a bit more commercial. Also talked to the son of the owners about stocking some good gourmet Italian supplies...like tomatoes, pasta, etc. If anyone checks this store out, you may want to provide input as to what you think the area lacks...they are trying to make it into a gourmet shop.

Blue Olive Mediterranian Bar and Grill is opening around June 1st. It's owned by Dimitri who used to own the little place down where the landing is now.
It looks like it's going to be a pretty nice little restaurant.

Last edited by mrschilicook; 05-07-2008 at 01:14 PM.. Reason: add

Old 05-24-2008, 01:20 PM

10 posts, read 36,182 times
Default our favorites

there's a china king (or star..i get them confused..sorry!) opposite the price cutter on national by the ups store and hinode that my co-workers and i just love. we have lunch there about once a week..service is always fast and efficient (we order for individually for about 15 people and they always get our order right..) and really cheap. the lunch special is your main dish and a choice of an eggroll/crab rangoon/hot n sour soup/egg drop soup for $4.95. the portions are huge and there are always left-overs for supper!

we also recently just tried the macaroni grill and we cannot get enough of it. we especially like the create your own pasta and the tiramisu is to die for. hubby likes the cheesecake. servers are always nice and hardly a wait though it is always busy.

i'm asian and very habitual so i like going to all my favorite asian places..i'm pretty sure i've posted these before but here goes. (lol, and the crazy thing is that we've probably been to all of them in the last month!!)

soo's korean restaurant on campbell. very authentic..each meal comes with about 7 little cold side dishes that is included in the price. the sides might vary from day to day but generally they are kim chi, pickled radish in kim chi, broccoli and sesame seed/oil, korean pancake(egg, flour, chives), bean sprouts (blanched with sesame seeds/oil), potatoes in soy sauce..there's more but my brain is failing me at the moment.

our favorites there are the bi bim bap (cold rice dish), beef spare ribs soup, and the beef bulgolgi.

thai peppers on sunshine. so many good things on the menu but favorites are drunken noodles, pad thai, fisherman madness, curry (they have a bunch of them but my favorites are green, panang, and masaman), tamarind fish, steamed ginger fish and the tom yam goong is really good too.

bambu on battlefield...the spring rolls, the pho, the spicy noodle soup, and the clear egg noodle soup is good. have never really tried any of the rice dishes..did i mention i was habitual?

try the coconut juice there too..it's pretty fresh and they give you quite a few slices of the coconut meat.

this isn't really a restaurant but the battlefield mall food court has really good bourbon chicken and has a lunch special too.

gem of india..we like the briyani and lamb curry.

izume hataki and sakura..good and fresh sushi.

mcallisters...sweet tea, chicken club, broccoli cheddar soup and bacon spud. they have a kid's night on tuesdays that our daughter loves..they have the scupltured balloons and kids meals are free. the chocolate cake and ice cream is good.

lol..that's about all i can think of.

btw...we go to harter house for our butchered meats but does anyone know if there is a fresh seafood place to go other than the once frozen thawed out really fishy stuff at the grocery stores? if not..where's the best place to get fresh seafood?

Old 05-24-2008, 11:51 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,118,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrschilicook View Post
What are your favorites restaurants where you have RECENTLY eaten (like in the past month)?

For us, Wasabi (last night) was great. "A" for food, "C" for ambience, "B" for service. Great Spicey Tuna in the bento box.

White River Fish Company I (for lunch today) included wonderful jalepeno cornbread, french fried portabello's (always a favorite for me), and nice thick clam chowder. The mango colada wasn't bad either.
I don't eat at chain restaurants.

The best restaurant I have eaten at in the past few months is Beverly's in Hollister (on the east side of the bridge).

Other good places are The Hungry Hunter in Reeds Spring, T'Spazios in Galena, The Double E in Highlandville.

If someone else is paying and "insists" that I eat at a chain restaurant I choose Golden Corral.

20yrsinBranson

Old 05-25-2008, 11:01 PM

55 posts, read 222,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
I don't eat at chain restaurants.

The best restaurant I have eaten at in the past few months is Beverly's in Hollister (on the east side of the bridge).

Other good places are The Hungry Hunter in Reeds Spring, T'Spazios in Galena, The Double E in Highlandville.

If someone else is paying and "insists" that I eat at a chain restaurant I choose Golden Corral.

20yrsinBranson
Ditto! I remember the hungry hunter. That place was great! There was a similar restaurant in Branson West in a strip mall, the name elludes me, but it was much of the same. The owner was kind of a jers so I quit eating there. But great food.

Old 05-29-2008, 02:26 PM

870 posts, read 3,080,878 times
Default I agree!

We love the Hungry Hunter! Especially for breakfast. Junk Bond, I bet you mean Michel's in Branson West. They aren't bad, just not my favorite. I think it's the atmosphere...OH, but, You must try Papoulli's in Reeds Spring! Great greek restaurant, with (surprisingly!!) the best Cashew Chicken for miles!! The Shanghai Star is very good, for a Chinese Buffet, too! My all time favorite has to be Tequila's! I could eat there, everyday!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area