U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-03-2008, 10:18 AM

3 posts, read 6,605 times
Default Best kept secrets in Springfield! Inquirers want to know.

First of all hi!

We are moving to Springfield from St. Louis. My husband is already there, but I will be staying here in St. Louis until our house sells. I cannot wait to move to Springfield! We will be buying a house in either Nixa or Ozark.

We have a cheap Home Improvement place called Hoods. Is there a cheap Home Improvement place in Springfield?

I like shopping at Aldi Foods here in St. Louis because I can get 2 buggies worth of food for the price of one at your major grocery chain. I do see Aldi Foods in Springfield, but they are not as many as here in St. Louis. Are there other good cheap places to get groceries?

What about clothes? Is there a good economical place to buy clothes?

What stores save you money in Springfield?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2008, 11:27 AM

870 posts, read 1,888,204 times
Default Love a bargain!!

http://bestsmileys.com/money/8.gif (broken link)
Yes, we do have an Aldi and another good one is Price Cutter. I like the meats from Harter House. They have a true butcher case.

Dollar stores are everywhere! Dollar Tree really is nothing over $1.!!

Big Lots doesn't have everything, but what they do have is at a very low price.

Springfield has great resale shops! Upscale, gently worn... and numerous thrift stores that support local charities.

Some of us posters are scoping out the best deals on local restaurants, as well...I'll look for that thread and send a link!!http://bestsmileys.com/eating1/7.gif (broken link)

Welcome to the forum!! Good Luck on the sale of your house!!

Old 03-03-2008, 01:06 PM

880 posts, read 1,771,871 times
Lots of outlets shops in Branson. Some have true discounts which is always a nice find.
Welcome to the SW MO subforums. When you get here, check out the Over The Fence Coffee Club. We always welcome newcomers....and we aren't weird in any way....well most of us aren't anyway. We get looked at strangely when we say we met on the internet though so maybe we are weird. Naw....

Old 03-05-2008, 08:44 AM

1,798 posts, read 3,301,134 times
Cool Strange or not...

There's an awesome discount store on West Kearney (that's pronounced car-ney for you newcomers......) called Greene County Damaged Freight & Food. It's west of Kansas about a mile...before you get to the Bypass.

And there's Cardin's Salvage on Glenstone by Trafficway...for all kinds of salvage including building materials.

And a pretty good building material discount store on Division at Kansas...can't think of the name.

And Springfield has a mattress factory on Commercial Street in the "other" downtown...Springfield Mattress has great prices and are really nice.

And of course, there's Surplus City on West Battlefield (west of Kansas) for not only military surplus but clothing, housewares, decor, etc!

And my favorite thrift store in Springfield is the DAV on North Glenstone. They don't wait for donations, they actually call neighborhoods and schedule pickups of good items. And they don't let stuff sit forever on the racks...you need to check it every couple of weeks.

Old 03-19-2008, 07:45 AM

3 posts, read 6,605 times
Thanks Lake Junkie! This is the information that I was looking for; it will help immensly when we do remodelling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area