U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
 
Unread 03-11-2008, 05:13 PM
 
Location: Not on the same page as most
2,473 posts, read 3,419,942 times
Reputation: 1476
Default What's your drive to work like?

Hi,
How long does it take you to get to work, and how is the traffic? Do you take back roads, or highways? Do you work in Springfield, and if so, which direction do you approach from? Any advice on the best times/routes to avoid traffic? Thanks. Tambre
Quick reply to this message

 
Unread 03-12-2008, 06:24 AM
 
Location: Southwest Missouri
1,921 posts, read 3,762,605 times
Reputation: 876
I take 65 North in the mornings and South in the evenings. Mornings aren't bad at all, because I'm usually well ahead of morning congestion when I'm out at 6 am. Going home at 5 pm is a different matter entirely...
Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 03-12-2008, 08:03 AM
 
414 posts, read 688,937 times
Reputation: 311
Down the dirt road, out to the county road, up the state road to town - about 25 minutes from my house to work. Congestion? Not in our neck of the woods.
Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 03-12-2008, 03:07 PM
 
Location: Not on the same page as most
2,473 posts, read 3,419,942 times
Reputation: 1476
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8 SNAKE View Post
I take 65 North in the mornings and South in the evenings. Mornings aren't bad at all, because I'm usually well ahead of morning congestion when I'm out at 6 am. Going home at 5 pm is a different matter entirely...
You work a looong day! On your way home at 5pm, about how many miles of traffic do you deal with before it clears up?
Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 03-12-2008, 03:09 PM
 
Location: Not on the same page as most
2,473 posts, read 3,419,942 times
Reputation: 1476
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermouse View Post
Down the dirt road, out to the county road, up the state road to town - about 25 minutes from my house to work. Congestion? Not in our neck of the woods.
That sounds like a peaceful drive to work. Do you have to be on the lookout for deer?
Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 03-12-2008, 03:20 PM
 
414 posts, read 688,937 times
Reputation: 311
Quote:
Originally Posted by tambre View Post
That sounds like a peaceful drive to work. Do you have to be on the lookout for deer?
In Missouri we're always on the lookout for deer.

I lived in Seymour years ago and it was a straight shot to Springfield. They've really changed the roads around since I was in the area.
Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 03-12-2008, 04:19 PM
 
Location: Not on the same page as most
2,473 posts, read 3,419,942 times
Reputation: 1476
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermouse View Post
In Missouri we're always on the lookout for deer.

I lived in Seymour years ago and it was a straight shot to Springfield. They've really changed the roads around since I was in the area.
Hi Silvermouse,

The whole highway alphabet thing is somewhat confusing. Our place (vacant land) is off of F highway in Mansfield, north of 60...in case you know the area. I was trying to look on a map to see what backroads could be an alternative to U.S. 60. Not sure if the traffic is bad on that road? It was funny, the route was take A to B to C. The other unusual thing is the high water crossings (or is it low water crossings?) Guess you figure all of it out after living in the area for awhile.

How did you like living in Seymour?
Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 03-12-2008, 07:36 PM
Status: "Lake time is deducted from your age...;)" (set 15 days ago)
 
Location: Branson-Hollister-Kimberling City
1,795 posts, read 3,201,950 times
Reputation: 1508
Quote:
Originally Posted by tambre View Post
Hi Silvermouse,

The whole highway alphabet thing is somewhat confusing. Our place (vacant land) is off of F highway in Mansfield, north of 60...in case you know the area. I was trying to look on a map to see what backroads could be an alternative to U.S. 60. Not sure if the traffic is bad on that road? It was funny, the route was take A to B to C. The other unusual thing is the high water crossings (or is it low water crossings?) Guess you figure all of it out after living in the area for awhile.

How did you like living in Seymour?
Hi Tambre...

There is no better alternative from your land to Springfield than Hwy 60.

As for my drive to work...it takes me 7 minutes.
I drive up Hwy 165 from the State Park Marina past the Jakes Creek Arm of Table Rock Lake and then over the top of Baird Mountain...by where that breathtaking rock wall is...past the Scenic View overlooking Lake Taneycomo & Branson (the one where the ice cream stand is) and about 5 more miles of beautiful winding rolling Ozark Mountain Scenery...(are you jealous yet? ) to a left at the old Crockey's restaurant and into my parking lot.

Love ya.
Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 03-13-2008, 05:16 AM
 
Location: Not on the same page as most
2,473 posts, read 3,419,942 times
Reputation: 1476
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake Junkie View Post
Hi Tambre...

There is no better alternative from your land to Springfield than Hwy 60.

As for my drive to work...it takes me 7 minutes.
I drive up Hwy 165 from the State Park Marina past the Jakes Creek Arm of Table Rock Lake and then over the top of Baird Mountain...by where that breathtaking rock wall is...past the Scenic View overlooking Lake Taneycomo & Branson (the one where the ice cream stand is) and about 5 more miles of beautiful winding rolling Ozark Mountain Scenery...(are you jealous yet? ) to a left at the old Crockey's restaurant and into my parking lot.

Love ya.
Gives a new meaning to the term "seven minutes in heaven"...sounds fantastic, and also convenient when you work so close to home.
Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 03-13-2008, 06:27 AM
 
Location: Southwest Missouri
1,921 posts, read 3,762,605 times
Reputation: 876
Quote:
Originally Posted by tambre View Post
You work a looong day! On your way home at 5pm, about how many miles of traffic do you deal with before it clears up?
Traveling 65 at 5pm, traffic never clears up. I go from the North side of Springfield down to CC in Ozark before I exit 65, and it's congested the whole way. Traffic opens up a bit once I get south of 60 (James River Expressway), but not a lot.
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top