Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 11:34 AM

45 posts, read 130,281 times

Advertisements

Hey, Tambre...

LOL! No mystical forces that I know of. But, if you've researched 2012 as much as I have and all the background that goes with it, you'll find you've picked one of the best areas in the country in case of a 'natural disaster'.

The fact that I've chatted with some of the friendliest people in the country since I started in the MO forums is the biggest benefit of all!

Only a few more weeks to go!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2008, 02:46 PM

2,505 posts, read 6,148,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comeasyouare View Post
Hey, Tambre...

LOL! No mystical forces that I know of. But, if you've researched 2012 as much as I have and all the background that goes with it, you'll find you've picked one of the best areas in the country in case of a 'natural disaster'.

The fact that I've chatted with some of the friendliest people in the country since I started in the MO forums is the biggest benefit of all!

Only a few more weeks to go!!!
Hey Comeasyouare,

OK...I'll bite.....What kind of natural disaster is predicted in 2012 and why is Missouri a good place to be?

Tambre

Old 04-12-2008, 10:33 PM

393 posts, read 1,736,379 times
There are those who believe that 12-21-2012 is the end of the world as we know it, according to the Mayan calendar and those who keep watch on sunspots, their cycles and the gravitational effects of how earth aligns with the sun and planets. Catastrophic, apocolyptic events, etc. Not sure how Missouri specifically fits in, although good neighbors anywhere would be a good thing to have if any of this happens.

Old 04-13-2008, 05:31 AM

Hi Sunshine,

Thanks for the explanation. Tambre

Old 04-13-2008, 10:04 AM

Hi, Tambre...

You are correct, Sunshine Girl. According to many historical and religious writing...like the Mayan, the I Ching, the Bible Code and many others...a major even will occur in 2012. The Maya's actually said there will be a major Change occuring in that year, not..as many believe..that the world will end in that year. Also, there is a massive amount of Scientific Data that shows a natural event of major consequence will occur about that time. Geographical data shows a possibility of something called a 'Crustal Displacement' may occur around that time. The science says that a displacement last happened around 10,000 to 15,000 BC....which coinsides with the over 500 flood stories from various cultures around the world as well as with a huge amount of other related data.

As for Missouri...if such a displacement occurs, Missouri is a great place to be because of the lack of tetonic activity (earthquakes, volcanos, ect.) and it's distance from the coast. If the theory is believed, the last shift moved from north to south about 2,000 miles - moving Antartic from a sub-tropical climate to it's present position. Think where that would put Missouri.

There is way more information on this subject that I could explain. I've researched this kind of information for over 25 years.

I wouldn't base my life on it, but the information is soooo intense that it is prudent to keep my eyes open. I told my wife seven years ago what would be happening in climate and tetonic activity in the coming years. I hate to say that everything I told her has come true. It's a bit freaky.

Ah, well. What happens, happens.

So there is your answer, Tambre...in a nutshell.

Old 04-13-2008, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comeasyouare View Post
Hi, Tambre...

You are correct, Sunshine Girl. According to many historical and religious writing...like the Mayan, the I Ching, the Bible Code and many others...a major even will occur in 2012. The Maya's actually said there will be a major Change occuring in that year, not..as many believe..that the world will end in that year. Also, there is a massive amount of Scientific Data that shows a natural event of major consequence will occur about that time. Geographical data shows a possibility of something called a 'Crustal Displacement' may occur around that time. The science says that a displacement last happened around 10,000 to 15,000 BC....which coinsides with the over 500 flood stories from various cultures around the world as well as with a huge amount of other related data.

As for Missouri...if such a displacement occurs, Missouri is a great place to be because of the lack of tetonic activity (earthquakes, volcanos, ect.) and it's distance from the coast. If the theory is believed, the last shift moved from north to south about 2,000 miles - moving Antartic from a sub-tropical climate to it's present position. Think where that would put Missouri.

There is way more information on this subject that I could explain. I've researched this kind of information for over 25 years.

I wouldn't base my life on it, but the information is soooo intense that it is prudent to keep my eyes open. I told my wife seven years ago what would be happening in climate and tetonic activity in the coming years. I hate to say that everything I told her has come true. It's a bit freaky.

Ah, well. What happens, happens.

So there is your answer, Tambre...in a nutshell.
Hi Comeasyouare,

Thanks for your answer. Did you read the Oregon threads yesterday regarding unusual seismic activity? How about the infamous New Madrid Fault in Missouri? Seems fairly active. Hey, if there is a crustal shift of that magnitude, we are all going to be in for some major relocations. Gear up your Karoke machine..."I feel the earth, move, under my feet," . Lol

Tambre

Old 04-15-2008, 10:50 AM

Hi, Tambre...

Nice pics of your dogs, by the way. And GREAT singing!!

Since I live in Portland, Oregon, yes, I've heard about the quakes. It's been on all the news out here, even the National News. Also on the news...

'There Is a 99.7 Chance' of a Major Quake (I lived 5 miles from the epicenter of Northridge quake in southern California. Took a lot of damage from that one)
A Powerful 7.1 Quake Rattles Down Under
Minor Earthquake Hits Near Rome
Melting Mountains 'Just a Time Bomb'

Old 04-15-2008, 03:38 PM

Hi Comeasyouare,

Thanks for the quake information. Seems like the whole world is shaking. Where were you when the Northridge Quake hit? That must have been surreal and devastating.

I think all of those animal pictures are fantastic, and it was a really good thread that you started. Your dog is adorable. What breed is it? Also, fyi, I sing much better in writing than in person, lol. Never tried karioke, as I don't want to offend anyone who...well.... has ears.

How many weeks now until you move to Missouri? How are you getting your stuff from Oregon to Missouri? Take Care! Tambre

Old 04-16-2008, 11:00 AM

Hi, Tambre...

I live'd in Simi Valley with my ex-wife and son when the quake hit. A small range of moutains is all that separated me from the epicenter of the quake. It happened at about 4:32 in the morning. We lived in an upstairs apartment. I was a little late getting up for work, otherwise I would have been in the kitchen when it hit. If it was glass or breakable, it broke - except for these bottles of wine people kept giving us even though we don't drink wine. The damn things remained completely intact! sheesh -. The kitchen was ankle deep in shattered glass.
Three days before the quake, my brother-in-law gave me a 20 gallon fish tank with fish which I put in my office. The tank and my computer met in the middle of the floor. I was pulling sushi out of electronics for months.
The only room in the apartment left completely untouched was my 3 year old son's room. Not a picture fell from the wall, not a book from his bookcase. It was truly weird.

The earthquake, working in downtown LA when the riots broke out, living in Simi Valley when it was surrounded by fire....these were the things that made me decide to move to Oregon!!!

As for Rocky... He's Border Collie, Australian Sheppard and Lab...he thinks he's a 75 pound lap dog. We even caught him laying spread out on the back of the couch once. He's a funny dog! He's also sweet and very, very lovable! I'll post more of him later.

We are having movers ship our stuff to Salem to a storage unit until we can put up a shed on our property and the rest is already packed in our travel trailer for the trip! We were planning on leaving here on the 15th of May. Now we might be delayed as late as the end of May. Our son is coming home from Iraq. He was supposed to be home by the end of April. Now he's delayed at least until the first weekend of May...maybe longer. That's unknown at the moment. We do want to spend a little time with him before we move.

We are soooooooo anxious to get down there!! It will be great to meet all you wonderful people! Where do you live?

Well, we'll talk to you soon...and we'll see how you do at karaoke!!

Gene and Dianne

Old 04-16-2008, 11:06 AM

Oh...P.S. On the New Madrid fault line. It is located on the southeast corner of Missouri. If the predicted 6.0 or greater quake hits, it would be felt, but not destroy, the Salem, Rolla, Licking, Springfield area. FYI.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area