Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2018, 06:50 PM

2 posts, read 4,350 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone.

I tried to search this site to find more information on Branson, but the ones I found were about 10 years old.

I got a job as an RN at Coxhealth in Branson. I haven't been to Missouri so I just don't know what to expect, and have a few questions in mind.

1. Where is the best area to live? I read that Branson can be quite expensive because it's a tourist spot, so I was thinking about a place outside of Branson. I dont mind a 15-20 minutes drive to work.

2. Whats a reasonable rent for a 2 bedroom apartment?

3. Many reitrees have told me Branson is a nice fun place. I read about shows and an amusement park, but what do people in their late 20s early 30s do in Branson for fun?

4. How are winters in Branson? I'm from upstate NY and winters are harsh here.

Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2018, 06:48 AM

914 posts, read 2,205,336 times
The Branson area as a whole is a rural area, and outside of some of the built up areas retains a rather rural feel. The apartment you seek may be in Branson itself, or could easily be in a nearby unincorporated area. I am not sure there is a "bad" area, but some will be far more convenient than others. In searching for a place to live you will need to separate out the many nightly or weekly rentals which are far more expensive than a leased apartment. You should be able to get something pretty nice for $700 to $900 a month, but you can certainly pay far more than that.

Winters will be dramatically less severe. It is uncommon for snow to be on the ground and many daytime highs will be 60 deg. or so. A "cold snap" will bring lows to about 10 deg. with a high of 25 deg. Do be aware that late season snowfalls can be fairly heavy, however, and Branson hills can become treacherous.

The activities are almost entirely devoted to the needs of tourists, sportsmen, boaters, and retirees. Activities for residents in the 20's are going to be scarce, I suspect.

Old 09-03-2018, 11:51 AM

2 posts, read 4,350 times
Hi Arrby, thanks for the reply.

I have been looking at some of the popular websites for apartments but dont know which area to look at. I mean, I don't want to be too far from work, and would like to be in an ideal spot thats safe for, with low crime rate and nearby parks or trails where I can go for a jog or bike rides, and be within a convenient distance to the mall or downtown. Since I will be staying in branson for about 2 years, I will be leasing an apartment. If not within Branson itself, what specific areas can I look at that will be within a 15-20 minute drive or less?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrby View Post
Activities for residents in the 20's are going to be scarce, I suspect.
will Springfield be more ideal for people in their 20's?

Old 09-05-2018, 08:06 PM

451 posts, read 364,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkerBelleRN View Post
will Springfield be more ideal for people in their 20's?
Yes. Greene county has nearly 300,000 people.

Missouri State University is also there has nearly 30K students.

Old 09-05-2018, 09:17 PM

914 posts, read 2,205,336 times
Anywhere in the city limits of Branson or Hollister will meet your criteria. Crime is largely a function of the tourist and lake activities - avoid the nightly rental condos and motel/shows areas. Most local residents are surprised to find they live in a "high crime" area as they do not see it nor experience it.

Springfield is a far different city, with many activities and businesses geared toward college age and young adults. It is, however, 45 minutes from Branson.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
View detailed profiles of: