U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2018, 10:33 PM

3 posts, read 1,936 times

Advertisements

My husband and are are semi retired and are in the process of selling our house in Sebastian, FL to move back to Missouri in the general Branson area anywhere from Nixa to Kimberling City, Rockaway Beach, and Hollister areas. Our price will be around $100,000.

We live a quiet life and enjoy road trips, shopping Thrift stores, WalMarts, Home Depot/Lowe's, and the likes... We have been searching homes for sale in the above areas with one standing out in Rockaway, but do not know much about that area except to hear they are reviving the town. We don't want to be in the middle of all the hustle and bustle of a big city, but want to be fairly close to grocery stores and places mentioned above.

We used to live in Jefferson City, MO, and always enjoyed visiting Branson, so that is the area where we want to settle into. We are mostly conservative and will also be looking for a church to attend. We currently attend a non denomination style of church...

Any advise or ideas are more than welcome.

Thank you all so much..
By the way, do they still have the catamaran cruises on Table Rock?
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2018, 07:59 AM

805 posts, read 1,534,732 times
Rockaway Beach could stand reviving. People have tried for decades. There remains issues with flood prone areas, so check out any prospective property carefully. Logic would dictate that at some point the success of the Branson area would spill over into Rockaway Beach, but it cannot be said to be certain.

Old 09-24-2018, 02:20 PM

1,430 posts, read 778,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerGrl99 View Post
My husband and are are semi retired and are in the process of selling our house in Sebastian, FL to move back to Missouri in the general Branson area anywhere from Nixa to Kimberling City, Rockaway Beach, and Hollister areas. Our price will be around $100,000.

We live a quiet life and enjoy road trips, shopping Thrift stores, WalMarts, Home Depot/Lowe's, and the likes... We have been searching homes for sale in the above areas with one standing out in Rockaway, but do not know much about that area except to hear they are reviving the town. We don't want to be in the middle of all the hustle and bustle of a big city, but want to be fairly close to grocery stores and places mentioned above.

We used to live in Jefferson City, MO, and always enjoyed visiting Branson, so that is the area where we want to settle into. We are mostly conservative and will also be looking for a church to attend. We currently attend a non denomination style of church...

Thank you all so much..
Interesting. I live in SWFL right now.

At least you're getting out of FL before that looney Andrew Gillum becomes governor. It seems down here it keeps getting more liberal.

At least the gun laws are far superior in Missouri compared to here in FL where they're very strict when compared to Missouri.

Old 09-24-2018, 09:18 PM

15,742 posts, read 29,665,836 times
Quote:

Thank you all so much..
Kimberling City is far superior to Rockaway. Rockaway has a real drug problem. Kimberling caters to retired folks and the quality of life is much better. Of course, housing prices reflect that.

Old 09-25-2018, 01:55 AM

56 posts, read 38,691 times
I would check out Ozark if I were you. Less expensive than Nixa. Close to Branson for when you want to go there. Close to Springfield too. Has a nice city owned recreation center you can join for a fee. Johnny Morris of Bass Pro is working on getting the old mill down by the river renovated. Has a Walmart supercenter and a Lowes. Has good mom and pop cafes and restaurants. Not as much hustle/bustle/tourists/traffic as Branson. Usually very quiet. Farmers market and various summer festivals by the river. I have never been to Rockaway Beach so I cannot judge. But what I have heard has been fairly negative critiques of it being rundown with lots of people down on their luck there.

Old 09-28-2018, 07:33 PM

23 posts, read 10,281 times
Ozark and Nixa are both growing in population, but they are pretty nice areas. I currently substitute teach in Nixa (husband and I live in Springfield). There are lots of churches there. Ozark and Nixa are both so close together that you could pick either one and have lots of options nearby to choose from in terms of places to go. In fact, Ozark West school is only about a mile from some of the Nixa schools where I sub. I pass it all the time.

Old 10-15-2018, 11:51 PM

3 posts, read 1,936 times
Thank you all so much for the info and advise.. we really appreciate your views and now we are mainly concentrating on Ozark to settle into, but also keeping our options open to Kimberling City and Forsyth.... Just want to come and visit to see which area will feel more like 'home' to us.
Looking forward to making our move back to Missouri...

Old 10-31-2018, 01:37 AM

1,430 posts, read 778,340 times
With Andrew Gillum likely being our next governor here in FL you should be glad to be moving back to MO.

Not to mention we are likely going to have a hippie as Agriculture commish "Nikki Friend" but also a Black Lives Matter attorney general possibly too. If not this election, next election cycle I expect it.

FL is becoming too diverse with liberals from all over.

Old Today, 01:31 PM

1,807 posts, read 4,726,631 times
Talking Wasn't so long ago...;)

Quote:
Thank you all so much for the info and advise.. we really appreciate your views and now we are mainly concentrating on Ozark to settle into, but also keeping our options open to Kimberling City and Forsyth.... Just want to come and visit to see which area will feel more like 'home' to us.
Looking forward to making our move back to Missouri...
Hi RacerGrl99...

You will have a completely different lifestyle if you live in Ozark/Nixa or Kimberling City/Table Rock Lake or Forsyth/Lake Taneycomo. Ozark is a bedroom community of Springfield, with all the advantages of living near a population base. Kimberling City is living "at the Lake"...with all of the cool vibe that entails. Forsyth is a quiet small town with a 'fishing getaway' vibe and is the county seat. I prefer the first two options, having lived in Springfield for the first 10 years in Missouri and now living and working near Table Rock Dam.

Springfield is a great small city with lots of universities, a revitalized downtown, myriad housing options. Once I fell in love with Table Rock Lake, it was a trade-off to be able to enjoy the more relaxed 'vacation destination' vibe of a small town where you get to know the locals and cheerfully endure the busy summer fun. It's pretty cool to live in a place so many people love and love to visit. (IMHO you won't want to limit it to Kimberling City, since there are lots and lots of options around the lake.)

I don't visit city data as often as I used to, but would love to chat if you like.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or