U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2019, 05:50 AM

88 posts, read 41,999 times

Advertisements

I am confident you can live on less than 1000 dollars a month. You will have to scrimp and save where you can but living is pretty cheap here in Missouri. I like Lawrence county about 20 miles west of Springfield. Nothing to do here but rural country but I like that. The lakes are close enough, we have an awesome civil war battlefield called Wilsons Creek.

The gun laws, yeah baby, I like the gun laws. You want to carry a gun, slip one in your purse or pants and head out the door no ccw required. Just be aware some places do not allow guns so be cautious where you carry a gun.

I hope you like armadillos horning in to everything. I hate them creatures.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2019, 05:25 PM

2 posts, read 155 times
Honestly, the area is totally depressing. If you have anything going for you at all, youíll probably fall into despair because there is limited opportunity for personal growth and new experiences. Itís easier to enjoy personal privacy in a large cosmopolitan area than in a decaying rural area. Once you move here, youíll find it very hard to escape because youíll fall behind financially due to stagnant real estate prices. Forget about capital gains and quality construction of homes. Youíll spend a fortune upgrading and repairing your house. Most homes have bad crawl space foundations that fill with water, resulting in high humidity and mold problems year round. Itís disgusting. The natives here are used to it, but itís awful. And the sun rarely shines. There is no good reason to move here, not even to die.

Old Today, 07:42 AM

88 posts, read 41,999 times
I disagree with Nfaulkos, There are some depressing areas of Missouri however it is what you make of it. I bought a fixer upper and I am going to make at least 25% when I sell and I have lived here 8 years. I think it is a great place to live cheaply and people leave you alone. I would never get a shared well, I have one and it is a pain in the ass.

But you can pain the asses anywhere right Nfaulkos?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or