Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2009, 12:49 PM

526 posts, read 1,246,687 times

Advertisements

Hi ya'll, just popping in to say I'm still here......... when is the next event??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2009, 11:59 AM

8 posts, read 24,042 times
Smile Buying a Home FSBO

Maybe I should have put "Home" all in caps.
Anyhow, we're looking forward to joining this group of instant friends as we will soon be "refugees" from So. Cal. But here's the question. We've already found the home we'll be buying, but we need some help with the technicalities. How do we do the paperwork? I don't mind paying someone (R.E. agent, Lawyer, or ??) but it should be a reasonable flat fee as we have done all the legwork finding the place. Years ago in CA we sold our home to an investor. He provided all the forms, and we used an escrow company he selected. How do we get whatever technicalities are involved in MO taken care of? Do we just need an escrow company as we did here? Or is there more involved? Probably our seller doesn't know, as he has lived there all his life.

Old 03-14-2009, 12:43 PM

8 posts, read 24,042 times
Lightbulb An alternative

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2beamissourian View Post
Hello everyone!! I am still around ..just not as much!
I almost made a trip last month .. I was going to go look at a daycare center - did not pan out .. $ didnt match the income
still looking
Deb
I don't know what else is going on in your life, but have you considered starting your own daycare? Your kids plus a few others? Let's face it, as unfair as it is women don't often make as much $$ as men do. Years back when my wife was working we found that after necessary expenses e.g. more clothes, dry cleaning, getting hair done, and all else she had to do, employment outside the home just didn't make financial sense.

Old 03-19-2009, 03:29 PM

870 posts, read 3,082,229 times
Hey kids!! April would be a good month to start this party going again!! I am missing all my peeps!! Somebody throw out some suggestions!!

Old 03-21-2009, 08:01 PM

Location: Branson-Hollister-Kimberling City-Blue Eye-Ridgedale
1,814 posts, read 5,382,632 times
Talking Every body ready?

I miss the coffee club too. Reading back a few pages, it appears Mrs. C has abdicated her position as leader of our little group...so I guess that leaves YOU Darlynn!

I think I enjoyed the dinners best...as long as we stay affordable!
Anyone up for a dinner the first week of April?

Old 03-21-2009, 08:15 PM

Location: Branson-Hollister-Kimberling City-Blue Eye-Ridgedale
1,814 posts, read 5,382,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoNative34 View Post
Careful. Word is that gathering gets pretty rowdy. I heard it got so out of control last time the cops were called in to break it up......

Did I miss a good one? Shucks...

Old 03-24-2009, 01:59 PM

Default I missed that one, too...

We aren't bad! Just misunderstood!

I like the night life, too! MANY good places to go... And we still need to do a SHOW night, since I "KNOW" people. LOL

Fri April 3rd, or the 4th, or even the 5th?? I have coupons from Waxy O'Sheas at the Landing for $2.00 off each dinner. But, there are tons of good places. I liked "Thai Thai: in downtown Branson alot!

The Eagles Tribute has a show at 2 PM, Sat and Sun. I can get us a DEAL!!

What works for MOST???? Tell me what you want, what you really, really want!

Old 03-24-2009, 03:30 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,595,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darlynn0217 View Post
We aren't bad! Just misunderstood!

I like the night life, too! MANY good places to go... And we still need to do a SHOW night, since I "KNOW" people. LOL

Fri April 3rd, or the 4th, or even the 5th?? I have coupons from Waxy O'Sheas at the Landing for $2.00 off each dinner. But, there are tons of good places. I liked "Thai Thai: in downtown Branson alot!

The Eagles Tribute has a show at 2 PM, Sat and Sun. I can get us a DEAL!!

What works for MOST???? Tell me what you want, what you really, really want!
I just want to come to Branson. I would love any place. For now all of our travel plans are on hold. Looks like maybe we can make the trip in September. Until we know the outcome of our son's treatments all things are in limbo. But when you guys and gals do meet whoop it up a little for us would ya....

Old 04-05-2009, 03:46 PM

879 posts, read 2,879,193 times
Default Did we do coffee in April? If not..how about May 15th?

How's everyone doing? Did we do anything while I was "out"?? It doesn't look like consensus was ever reached on the forum.

So how about coffee on the 16th of May at Kaldi's in Springfield or Starbucks in Branson?....or both on different days for different groups?

Should this now be a quarterly thing with special "events" when someone comes into town?

Response is needed for OTFCC to continue...

Old 04-08-2009, 11:41 AM

Starbucks in Branson works for me! Rally the troops!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area