Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2009, 03:23 PM

259,023 posts, read 90,238,024 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrschilicook View Post
How's everyone doing? Did we do anything while I was "out"?? It doesn't look like consensus was ever reached on the forum.

So how about coffee on the 16th of May at Kaldi's in Springfield or Starbucks in Branson?....or both on different days for different groups?

Should this now be a quarterly thing with special "events" when someone comes into town?

Response is needed for OTFCC to continue...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darlynn0217 View Post
Starbucks in Branson works for me! Rally the troops!
Ladies I am so glad to see ya both posting again. One day the wife and I will bake it back to Branson. Right now kid comes first even if he is over 40. I do follow you episodes every time you meet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2009, 09:29 AM

Location: Branson-Hollister-Kimberling City-Blue Eye-Ridgedale
1,814 posts, read 5,361,139 times
Cool I'm in!

I'm ALL for the coffee club to continue! We've had some pretty good get-togethers...

May 16...Saturday...sounds good to me at Starbucks in Branson...

Old 04-10-2009, 07:06 PM

23 posts, read 86,210 times
Ok I consider myself a foodie and I see that Taste of Home is having a cooking school in Branson April 24 and 25. The tickets are $15. Does anyone want to go with me. I am hoping to be able to go both days but Sat is a definate. Any takers?
I need to apologize for not getting online more often. Have been quite busy and now am off work due to some shoulder surgery AGAIN!! I am up for a impromptu coffee in Ozark next week!!!!! Ayone want to join me?

Old 04-11-2009, 08:07 PM

1,635 posts, read 3,640,063 times
Hellooo, "old" friends! I've been off the grid here in city-data land for awhile. I am working more these days and can't be quite as impromptu. Monana, what is your schedule like? What day next week are you thinking of? If I can schedule it, I'd love to get together again! I'll see if I can reach Boof to join us, too! Hopefully, others will express an interest in joining us. Anyone??? I'm not sure if I can make it to the Taste of Food cooking class but I'm definitely interested in that, too! If you can, send me a link or something by email.

My vehicle has given me trouble on those hills down to Branson but I'll definitely think about joining you on May 16th. If anyone else is coming from the Springfield/Ozark area, I'd love to talk about carpooling down together. I'm missin' my OTFCC peeps!

Old 04-21-2009, 05:25 PM

870 posts, read 3,071,440 times
Default Hi everyone!!

I am looking forward to seeing you all again! Will have to check my schedule, but will take off and be available for the 16th! The Starbucks at Music City Centre, yes??

Old 04-22-2009, 10:35 AM

29 posts, read 90,003 times
Default We might be moving to Springfield

I sure hope the Over the Fence group continues. I have been lurking for a long while now in the hopes that we one day would move there and I would at least know your names! I think it is wonderful that you have this group, not only for the newcomers but the support that you lend to each other! My husband has an interview with a firm there and I am keeping my fingers crossed that we will be headed that way! I think that living there would be laid back as I hope, but yet with great things to go see and do! I was born on the East Coast and then married and spent 20 years in Tulsa (which I do miss) and then landed in Jonesboro, AR, which I am sorry to say has been less than hospitable (yep, even though I was born in VA, I have been labelled a Yankee and therefore scorned.....) We had been gently warned that the area here was not very accepting of "strangers" people who have not grown up here and I was shocked to see the extent that those in "power" here (employers and social groups) will discriminate against anyone deemed less than worthy. It has been an educational journey for sure! I am an ice skating coach and really welcome the chance to be able to do what I do best yet again. I tried to build an ice rink here and was shot down at every turn, very disappointing not only to me but everyone whose hopes were dashed as well. I was told on more than one occasion that I should give the plans to someone who grew up here and is established and let them do it because that way it would be successful....... Needless to say, I can't wait to leave! I have visited Springfield in the past and I do love the courtesy that the citizens there show each other and often thought while there it would be a nice place to put down our roots for the rest of our lives.

Old 05-02-2009, 06:07 AM

I hope we keep this going, too, sk8tingcoach!

Let's see...Saturday May 16th...10 am? At the Starbucks near Branson Landing...right?

OK...who's in...?

Old 05-02-2009, 08:18 AM

67 posts, read 156,604 times
Hi all,

I know it has been a little while since I have been on but I would be interested in meeting up at Star Bucks in Branson on May 16th! Is this the Star Bucks on 76 Country BLVD?

Old 05-03-2009, 10:24 AM

879 posts, read 2,868,338 times
Default 16th

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake Junkie View Post
I hope we keep this going, too, sk8tingcoach!

Let's see...Saturday May 16th...10 am? At the Starbucks near Branson Landing...right?

OK...who's in...?

I can't make it...I'm not going to be in town that day. But you guys all have fun.

Old 05-08-2009, 05:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrschilicook View Post
I can't make it...I'm not going to be in town that day. But you guys all have fun.
Well...since you're the one who suggested the 16th...and I'm totally flexible...do we have a second choice? I'd sure like the gang together again...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area