U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2008, 07:59 PM

2,130 posts, read 3,925,013 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevadacrazy View Post
I am so sorry Mrs. C. Please let me know if I can help in anyway. You are in my prayers.
I completely echo this. I'm grateful that you have many good, true friends back there who will give you their complete support during this time. If you ever feel the need to write me a direct message, please do so! My wife and I so want to get moved back to St. Joseph and then be able to make the drive down to your area for an OTFCC gathering. May our merciful God give you much comfort and many blessings! Know too that Ed will never be very far from you, and that you'll one day be with him again always.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2008, 02:16 PM

880 posts, read 2,529,380 times
Default JUNE 18th OTFCC...KEETER

Based upon our only suggestion for June, (Thanks Darlyn0217)
we're having our June OTFCC at Dobyn's Dining located in the Keeter Center in Hollister with a slight variation.

It's going to be a lunch! Bjharp1 and her hubby..both occasional C-D posters here in our little forum is coming to town and can meet us at Keeter Center at noon on the 18th! She and her hubby will become Missourians soon.

So come one, come all! It's a chance to meet a couple of soon to be locals!

And if anyone wants to have a coffee meet more north later this month, just speak up....I've heard there is a great little tea room in Ozark just off the square...and it's been awhile since we've met in Springfield.

Old 06-02-2008, 02:23 PM

880 posts, read 2,529,380 times
Default Thanks to everyone

I want to thank all of you for your well wishes and kind words. Ed was a wonderful man. We had 35 years together which is way more than 1/2 of my life and more than most people work for now days. He was my husband, my fix-it man, my confidante, my lover, my system admin, and most of all my very best friend. I have more happy memories than sad, and more kinds thoughts of him than unkind. His smile was slow in coming, but it was always full of mischief. He loved his dogs, his toys, and I always knew he loved me.

I wish you could have all met him. But someday you might. If you get there before me, tell him I said to keep watching....I'll show up someday.

Again, thanks for all your thoughts.
MrsC

Old 06-02-2008, 03:45 PM

870 posts, read 2,722,867 times
We love you mrsc! See you at the OTFCC meeting!

Old 06-02-2008, 09:52 PM

June 18? As it would happen, that's actually my (gasp!) 40th birthday! I hope you all take care and enjoy the day together. Thank you Mrs. C. for sharing your great thoughts about Ed too!

Old 06-06-2008, 07:55 PM

1,618 posts, read 3,214,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrschilicook View Post
Based upon the third Wed. of the month schedule the next OTFCC will be at 10:00 on June 18th. Any suggestions as to where this time?

And thanks for the thoughts LJ and DJ. Ed (aka MrC) was a wonderful man, my best friend, and a caring husband. I miss him a great deal but I know that someday we'll see each other again.
Dear mrschilicook! I am so sorry to hear about your husband! I barely knew him but I know he was a good and gentle man and my heart goes out to you as you grieve over his absence. As it turns out, my mother has left this world, too. I am grateful to say that I was with her as she passed and somehow, it seems to be helping me transition to a world without her in it. As you said about Ed, I know I'll see her again in Heaven someday and it'll be a grand reunion when we do!

I also want to say, "Thank you" here to all who have expressed your concern and offered your prayers to me, my mom & family. Those prayers have been such an encouragement and I believe they have helped to carry me through it all with God's strength and grace. Besides the funeral and all, we had to move her things out before the end of the month so I was really busy. I only got home last night so I know I'm gonna continue to need prayer as I slow down and shift into a new stage of grieving. I'm sure MrsChiliCookoff and NevadaCrazy would appreciate more prayer, too! I'll be joining you in prayer for them.

I've missed you all and will get back here as often as I can. I have much to do to catch up at work and my hands are "going to sleep" and hurting a lot so typing and using the mouse are an issue. I get a lot of inflammation when I do a lot of physical work and lifting, which I did with all the moving and then traveling with heavy baggage. If you want to connect with me or be sure I see your post, it might be good to send a direct message or email for awhile because I may not have time to get to all the threads as often. I do plan on attending the OTFCC gathering on the 18th, if I can, though, so I hope to see some of you there.

Gnite, all! Oh! And may I be the first to (prematurely) say, "Happy Birthday, Eric!" Just repeat after me, "I'm not getting older...I'm getting better!" Ask your wife...I'm sure she'll agree.

Old 06-07-2008, 09:50 AM

1,806 posts, read 4,684,828 times
Unhappy Lots of tears around here...

Oh Mrs. G...my heart is with you. I am again so glad we got to meet your precious mom last year. She was a very special person which (in part) explains why you are so special. (((((Mrs. G)))))

It's been so difficult in the weeks since Mr. C left us...amazing how many ways he touched my life in such a short time. Even just marking the high water mark in the back yard with a stick has such new meaning now...

I hope we can see a lot of the regulars and many many new members on the 18th. This is becoming a very cool group of friends.

Old 06-07-2008, 05:09 PM

4,607 posts, read 6,861,015 times
MrsG... I am so sorry to hear of this.
Sending my sincerest condolences to you and your family.

Old 06-07-2008, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by autumngal View Post
MrsG... I am so sorry to hear of this.
Sending my sincerest condolences to you and your family.
I echo this too--please take good care, Mrs. G. See also my post in the Missouri Chatter Box II thread.

Old 06-10-2008, 01:53 PM

23 posts, read 72,835 times
Default coffee clubbing

Hey there, I an a newbie to the Springfield are. Actually I live past Rogersville and looking to meet some women with similar interests. I think with gas prices the way they are, that Branson is too far for me to go for coffee. even if it is a great coffee group. Is there anyone in your group that would be interested in meeting closer to Rogersville? I work and so meeting on Saturday would even be better or for a drink after work too!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area