U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-28-2008, 07:02 AM

987 posts, read 780,991 times

Advertisements

Are there dry counties in MO? Certain hours of sales? Reduced alcohol content in beer? No sales on sunday? I know some states have bizarre liquor laws and wonder what I might run into in Missouri. Being somewhat in the bible belt I figure there must be some strange laws in effect, at least in certain counties.
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2008, 11:57 AM

143 posts, read 362,924 times
I am not aware of any dry counties. Restaurants sell reduced content beer. Liquor stores sell 6% (or whatever "regular" is...I don't drink beer.

It seems like from midnight on Saturday night (sunday morning) until like 8am on Sunday you can't buy alcohol. I know we have run in to that before, but it's been a few years (college) so whether or not that still stands, I don't know.

Some cities do not have open container laws. For example, inside Joplin city limits, (as per JPD) there is no open container law in a vehicle...as long as it is a passenger drinking and not the driver.

Old 09-28-2008, 02:51 PM

880 posts, read 1,890,109 times
Default None in MO

No dry counties in MO (look up "dry counties" on wikepedia and they give you a map of them). They still exist in Kansas, Texas, Tenn., KY, and Arkansas. I believe that there is one county in Nevada that is still dry but when I was moving out of that state, they were trying to change it. But there are reduced hours of liquor sale by city and some towns don't allow the selling of beer and such at things like fairs, street events, etc. I know that around here most of the liquor sales seem to stop at 1:00 am rather than the 2:00 am that I knew in CA.

So if you need liquor around here, you can get it.
And if your in Springfield check out International Brown Derby on Glenstone...great wine/liquor/gourmet food selection.

Old 09-30-2008, 09:34 AM

1,801 posts, read 3,509,059 times
Talking Liquor laws...

The exact times of sales vary by city...but mainly you'll only have a little trouble on Sunday. I know Branson doesn't allow sales of liquor (not even one teeny brewsky...) before 11 am on Sunday, but across the bridge in Hollister it's 9 am.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area