Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2008, 12:52 PM

62 posts, read 249,125 times

Advertisements

I know, sounds wierd... but I work for a local (Christian) video office in Springfield, and we are doing a video about Missionaries in Morocco. We need to have a monkey for this shoot. Rather than dealing with the zoo and figuring out how to set up something around one of their cages, it would be nice to find someone with a pet monkey. Not too long ago I saw someone in Springfield driving down the road with their monkey in their lap. I'm going to check with our local veterinarian offices, but any help you all could give would be MUCH appreciated!

(p.s. - Sorry I haven't been able to get on here in so long!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2008, 08:03 PM

2 posts, read 4,185 times
Did you ever get a reply to this message?My name is Bryan Hurlbut. Every year I do a special gift for my wife for Christmas. Long story short, she has always wanted to hold a real monkey. I've been looking all over the net for a monkey somewhere in Kansas or Missouri. If you have one, would you be willing to let me purchase an experience from you? I'd be glad to pay for your time. Ever since Mary was a little girl, she's wanted to touch a real monkey. I'd like that to be my special gift to her this year.If you know any one who has one (if you don't) I would appreciate you passing my info along.Would you be willing to email me? My info is as follows:
Bryan Hurlbut<br /> ---<br /> <a href="mai.../> Thanks.Bryan

Last edited by bryanhur; 11-24-2008 at 08:04 PM.. Reason: misspelled

Old 11-25-2008, 09:11 PM

1,238 posts, read 4,469,458 times
This year at both the Jasper County Youth Fair and at Eureka Springs we saw people with booths set up where you could have your picture taken with a monkey for $5. Unfortunately, I don't know where they live or the name of the companies. Let me do a little web searching.....this being the off-season for outdoor festivals, they may be willing to do a little extra side job! Gotta pay for that monkey chow somehow!

Old 05-20-2009, 09:00 PM

2 posts, read 4,185 times
Default Any news on the monkey?

Any news on the missouri monkey yet? I'm still looking. thanks.

Old 05-20-2009, 09:11 PM

4,231 posts, read 15,418,446 times
Post on the pet section in Craigslist, you may get some leads.

Old 05-31-2009, 04:32 PM

10 posts, read 42,581 times
Find OSCAR's in Lebanon, Missouri. Talk to the family that owns it. It is a small family owned discount store on Elm Street. Lot of great buys. Maybe a monkey to borrow also. This is very wierd, even wierder that I might be able to help someone find a monkey. Good Luck

Last edited by ShadowCaver; 05-31-2009 at 08:04 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area