Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2017, 10:12 PM

1,472 posts, read 2,406,452 times

Advertisements

Was cooler yesterday and shut A/C off. Humidity was so high had to turn A/C back on. Now it is off, hope for a few days.

We use to have more Winter in Springfield area but last several years not so much.

brushrunner
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2017, 01:03 PM

305 posts, read 241,429 times
To answer your question, yes it is hot and sticky in the summer. But we do not have any alligators.

Old 08-02-2017, 01:21 PM

3,833 posts, read 3,340,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClubMike View Post
To answer your question, yes it is hot and sticky in the summer. But we do not have any alligators.
True. I have heard though of once in awhile in the Bootheel during the summer gators can be seen in the MS river. There actually is a small population around Memphis so it makes since they could swim up to around the nearby Bootheel.

Also, near Jonesboro a few years ago a large gator was found dead.

Alligators are found in many areas of Arkansas just outside the Ozarks.

I have heard that the native gator range at one time extended all the way up to Southeast MO and Kentucky, IL at the Ohio river before their population was decimated by hunting. Sounds a little too far north IMO though.

Old 08-03-2017, 10:41 PM

23 posts, read 29,669 times
Being from the west coast and the PNW the weather here took years to get used to, if one really ever does get used to it. But I do notice a difference in the humidity between Poplar Bluff where I am now and the Branson-Springfield area. I think there is a bit less humidity there. I don't know but to me it's a little more comfortable. Summers in Oregon were great for camping where as summers here in MO suck for camping.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area