U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 11-27-2008, 11:03 PM

2 posts, read 7,264 times

Advertisements

Hi-
I just hate spending my money just to get some air in my tires! anyone know where to air up for free in Springfield?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2008, 06:19 AM

1,238 posts, read 2,992,950 times
Try to find a Casey's gas station-the one in Carthage still has free air. Maybe this is a company-wide policy. I too find it frustrating to pay for air, and many places don't even have it available anymore!

Old 11-28-2008, 09:52 PM

4,679 posts, read 7,870,397 times
Yea, and those durn pay-for-air machines are not as powerful as the free versions it seems...

Old 11-29-2008, 08:39 AM

1,066 posts, read 1,560,550 times
Go to O'Reilly's and buy an air pump.

Or go to Lowe's and buy one of the small air compressors they've got on sale for Christmas.

Old 11-30-2008, 11:44 PM

3,045 posts, read 2,908,260 times
Have you drove around to the truck stops? They almost always have free air, at least in the truck islands

Old 12-07-2008, 02:09 PM

12 posts, read 19,571 times
Kum 'n' Go has free air. The boxes have a coin slot, but all you need to do is push the round button. I go to the one on East Kearney.

Old 12-11-2008, 09:30 PM

8 posts, read 30,995 times
QuikTrips have free air, usually.

Old 01-12-2009, 10:18 PM

50 posts, read 140,055 times
First thanks for a great question and all the very useful answers! Wasn't sure if I should continue with this thread or create a new one but let's try here first. I just bought a pickup truck and somewhere during the whirlwind sales-a-thon they mentioned their nitrogen fill for the tires being better than air. There was a price so I asked if the tires would hold air ok and they agreed they would so I opted out of the nitrogen program. Anyone know about this? Is it just another money-maker for them or is putting nitrogen in your tires really better than plain, old, mostly-free air? I saw a sign over the weekend, I think it was about $30 to fill your tires with the nitrogen. Can it really be worth that much? Thanks!

Last edited by GreenGeek; 01-12-2009 at 10:20 PM.. Reason: spelling :-)

Old 01-20-2009, 03:52 PM

2 posts, read 7,264 times
thanks all for your help!
bluindego

Old 01-20-2009, 06:32 PM

4,679 posts, read 7,870,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenGeek View Post
First thanks for a great question and all the very useful answers! Wasn't sure if I should continue with this thread or create a new one but let's try here first. I just bought a pickup truck and somewhere during the whirlwind sales-a-thon they mentioned their nitrogen fill for the tires being better than air. There was a price so I asked if the tires would hold air ok and they agreed they would so I opted out of the nitrogen program. Anyone know about this? Is it just another money-maker for them or is putting nitrogen in your tires really better than plain, old, mostly-free air? I saw a sign over the weekend, I think it was about $30 to fill your tires with the nitrogen. Can it really be worth that much? Thanks!
In theory, yea, N should possibly potentially could be helpful, maybe... however, is it really honestly worth the extra dollars? Well, if you are good to your tires, keep 'em at the optimum/correct air pressure level anyway, then IMHO paying the extra for N ain't worth it - for that... however, biggest benefit [if not only real world one] of Nitrogen, I believe, is the replacement of Oxygen, which reacts/damages rubber compounds, degrading the tire from the inside, where a lot of heat is generated too. lol, yea, I did try it once, but didn't really notice much/any improvement, well maybe some peace of mind

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/03/09/au...es/09MOTO.html

Nitrogen in tires - Q&A: Consumer Reports Cars Blog
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area