Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2007, 07:39 PM

10 posts, read 29,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggum View Post
Sparta is as Randy stated. I live outside of Sparta proper - on the Ozark/Sparta "border" - It is rural, but both Sparta and Ozark are growing fast - I am originally from KC MO - If you want some of the rural life, large lots, rural suburbia you will love it here - there is always springfield for more to do
I totally agree with you. If you want a rural setting but somewhere that isn't too far from the big city, Sparta is a great area. It's a growing community that has great schools. I would also suggest the Billings/Clever area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2007, 07:35 PM

1,642 posts, read 3,655,212 times
Thumbs up Another Sparta/Ozark Country Resident

It's true...Sparta is a small town but the fact that a Subway just went in is a possible hint of the growth that is expected there.

To be honest, I am another that lives outside of town and since I live northwest of town, it is closer and easier to head to Ozark or Springfield for most things so I rarely go into Sparta. Besides, there aren't as many choices there. I guess if I had children in school, I would go there and shop there more often. I only have been there a few times (sorry, Sparta business owners!) but our insurance agent is there and I do remember that they have a gas station with great prices, at least a couple of restaurants including a Chinese one, a hardware store and I'm guessing 20 to 30 other businesses so it's not that small. There isn't a Chamber of Commerce but there is a City Hall and I'm sure they could tell you more if you call.

I can also shop in Rogersville but rarely go there, either, and for the same reasons. It is another small town but it is really growing fast. It is on Hwy. 60 so more people go through there and some say it will eventually be an interstate and there will be an offramp there.

One thing I've noticed is that as towns grow, the cost of services and taxes tend to go up (as is recently happening in Nixa) so I'm not in a hurry to see Sparta grow. Now, if I was one of those businesses on Hwy. 14, I wouldn't feel that way and feel bad for how these comments will make them feel if/when they hear them...but I think it is important to be honest here so I will tell it like it is.

Home prices are lower in our area but that will eventually change since we are in the outskirts of Springfield. I have no idea how long that will take. I'm guessing that if you are in the town of Sparta, it is probably a 30 minute drive to the southeast part of Springfield and only 10 minutes to the Lowe's or WalMart in Ozark and maybe 20 minutes to Rogersville. Would one of you that live in the actual town of Sparta tell us if that is right?

For my husband and I, it was important to live IN the country and within a half hour of being in a big enough city where we can have access to major shopping. Well, Ozark has major shopping within about 5 to 7 miles of us and we can get to Springfield's wonderful shopping on Glenstone in only 20 minutes. Then, when we're ready to come home, we get to drive through some of the most beautiful countryside ever!

Shyeah...go Sparta!

Old 07-06-2007, 01:08 PM

From Sparta it takes about 10-15 minutes (depending on traffic) to get to Lowes/Wal Mart in Ozark. To get to Sprinfield it takes about 25 minutes. Sparta, as I have said before, has many different types of businesses. It has all the basics except for a Wal Mart. As for dining places there is a Subway that just opened, two cafes, chinese, and pizza. There is also rumors of a Sonic coming soon. The town is growing with new houses going up every day. The school system is great and is currently in the planning stages of building a new high school. The area is beautiful, especially east and southeast of the city. Crime is low and the people are friendly. I've lived here my entire life and I doubt I'll every leave the area. If you got anymore quesitons just ask.

Old 07-06-2007, 01:15 PM

If you want to move into newer neighborhoods then I would suggest either Park Heights, Avenwood, or Millbrooke Terrace. Park Heights only has about one lot left but two of the homes have not been sold yet. If you want a lot with a little bit more land, just outside of the city to the southeast on Jenkins Road is Jenkins Estates that have some pretty nice size lots. Also east of the city on Highway 14 some more lots are going up for sale.

Old 05-19-2009, 06:20 PM

1 posts, read 1,986 times
Just out of curiosity do you know the history about Sparta? if so plz tell me
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area