U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2009, 01:29 PM

193 posts, read 713,462 times

Advertisements

Hi everybody!!
I have lurked on the website for quite a while always mentioning that my family and I are hoping to make the move to the Table Rock Lake area. Well, it looks like our move will be soon!!!
I am going to make this post real quick and short cause I have just a few really random questions, and as I get more, I can post more questions.
My family and I will be living in Kimberling City--who would I use for Cable TV and Internet service? Has anyone had good luck with wireless Internet down on the lake? Does Verizon have good cell phone service down there or does no one use them there?
As far as schools go, my soon-to-be 5 year old will be starting preschool next year, and I was wondering if the preschool is in the Reeds Spring primary school or are they at a private place like a church or daycare?
Also, does anyone recommend a Christian church (open to any denomination or non-denominational) in the area (Kimberling City/Branson West) that has families with young children or LIKES families with young children???
I am sure that while we're living there I will learn more, but I just wanted to know a few things before I am living in Kimberling City full time.
Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2009, 03:08 PM

Location: Branson-Hollister-Kimberling City-Blue Eye-Ridgedale
1,814 posts, read 4,798,347 times
Cool Here comes another moving van...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanjosbrand View Post
Hi everybody!!
I have lurked on the website for quite a while always mentioning that my family and I are hoping to make the move to the Table Rock Lake area. Well, it looks like our move will be soon!!!
I am going to make this post real quick and short cause I have just a few really random questions, and as I get more, I can post more questions.
My family and I will be living in Kimberling City--who would I use for Cable TV and Internet service? Has anyone had good luck with wireless Internet down on the lake? Does Verizon have good cell phone service down there or does no one use them there?
As far as schools go, my soon-to-be 5 year old will be starting preschool next year, and I was wondering if the preschool is in the Reeds Spring primary school or are they at a private place like a church or daycare?
Also, does anyone recommend a Christian church (open to any denomination or non-denominational) in the area (Kimberling City/Branson West) that has families with young children or LIKES families with young children???
I am sure that while we're living there I will learn more, but I just wanted to know a few things before I am living in Kimberling City full time.
Thanks!!
nanjosbrand...that's great news!

The cable company is Suddenlink. (They also have high speed internet.)
I recently got high speed internet through my phone line without having to have a land line phone that is then sent through a wireless router so I can hook into it anywhere in the house...I'm pretty happy with it. That's through CenturyTel.
There are other wireless internet companies, I haven't heard anything bad about any of them, other than they're kinda expensive.

There are several preschools in the area...both private and in churches.
I know that Woodland Hills Community Church in Branson has lots of families with children of all ages: Woodland Hills Family Church - Homepage It's non-denomination with a focus on families. I think you'd like it...

Somebody help me with the cell phone thing. I have had Alltel for years, but I think they just got bought by Verizon, which should mean that Verizon will have better coverage here. It used to .

I love living here. I think you will too!

Welcome...

Old 02-15-2009, 01:04 PM

11 posts, read 39,510 times
Faith Life Church in Branson is AWESOME! We moved here from Texas just to become a part of the ministry! Most of the people in the church moved here from other states to become a part, too.

Old 02-16-2009, 11:04 PM

11,544 posts, read 25,982,050 times
How good cable is depends upon where it is. Suddenlink in Carthage, MO and Grove, OK is terrible. Suddenline Internet is just as bad or worse as the cable. Been there, did that in Carthage.

I currently use Century Telephone and Interent, It's not nearly as good as AT&T, but it is okay for what it is and it is stable. I had Sprint in MO for a number of years and still use it. I have had zero problme with coverage or roaming any where in the US between Chicago and Paciific Ocean - the exception being in mountains where there is zero coverage for any cell phone. Check out the website Cell Phones, Mobile Phones, and Wireless Calling Plans from Sprint

Check out Suddenlink reviews on DSL Cable VOIP Security Satellite Fiber News Tips Reviews Community Tools - dslreports.com Search for Suddenlink Cable reviews.. Its a mixed bag. They are a company out of New Jersey that opened an office in St. Louis. Personally I like Direct-TV better than Dish and I live both of them better than most cable companies. The cableco in the smaller areas seem to think everyong needs 7 or more religious channels to watch. So does Suddenlink In the small areas you can't evern watch C-span for the choirs.

Old 03-01-2009, 11:41 AM

4 posts, read 11,584 times
I use Verizon here @ the lake with no problems. They have a newer tower and I have all services now. Last year was a different story

Old 03-02-2009, 04:44 AM

193 posts, read 713,462 times
That's good to hear that Verizon has better service now. We have wireless Internet through them and I was worried I would have to change providers. Sounds like I won't have to worry about that now. We're moving Friday!!

Old 03-10-2009, 12:48 PM

6 posts, read 13,896 times
Welcome to the area! I'm in Springfield, but lived in Branson West from 1995-2002. My oldest attended Reeds Spring Primary and we thought it was a great school. They've even built a new building recently. My Mom still lives in the Kimberling City area. She has AT&T for cell, high speed internet, home phone, etc and been happy with it. I'm not familiar with any of the churches down there, but there certainly are many. You shouldn't have any trouble finding what you're looking for. If I had things my way, I'd still be in Stone or Taney county, but hubby works in Spfd. I love Spfd, but you just can't beat the lakes area. Enjoy!

Wanted to add that if you're looking for daycare or before/after school care, Lakeview Learning Center was where my oldest went from age 2 to 7. We were always thrilled with the care she received there.

Last edited by MOMommyx3; 03-10-2009 at 12:50 PM.. Reason: addtl info
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area