U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2009, 07:07 AM

1,921 posts, read 5,553,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillman View Post
Its almost at the bottom of the page.

I'm thinking 8 SNAKE was being sarcastic.417 has been known as the Meth Capital of the U.S. for a long time.

Gang Bangers have mostly been coming down from Chicago.

Illegals have been coming in the last few years.Even have one Television Station trying to get the people to Welcome them with open Arms.they have quit promoting this so much since people started telling them how they felt about it.

hillman
Oh, I was definitely being sarcastic. Just not in the way that you mention here.

Telling people that Springfield is the meth capital of the US, full of illegals and gang bangers is utter nonsense. Anyone who has even the slightest bit of objectivity knows that your accusations are ridiculous. It's one thing to have a jaded view of an area. It's quite another to pretend that your views are fact and posture as such to people reading this forum for information about living in the Springfield area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2009, 01:57 PM

1,255 posts, read 2,694,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8 SNAKE View Post
Oh, I was definitely being sarcastic. Just not in the way that you mention here.

Telling people that Springfield is the meth capital of the US, full of illegals and gang bangers is utter nonsense. Anyone who has even the slightest bit of objectivity knows that your accusations are ridiculous. It's one thing to have a jaded view of an area. It's quite another to pretend that your views are fact and posture as such to people reading this forum for information about living in the Springfield area.
Just got to open your Eyes

ANALYSIS: Support but no money for anti-meth plan - Columbia Missourian

Police say jump in crime due to gangs | News-Leader.com | Springfield News-Leader

More Charges in Illegal Immigration Bust | KSPR News | Local News

Not going to argue with you or spend to much time looking for more info.But the problem is there and hasn't got any better as I can see.Just letting people have a Heads Up.

hillman

Old 06-30-2009, 03:45 PM

1,921 posts, read 5,553,282 times
You can post all the stories that you want, but I live here and see it first-hand every day. Springfield isn't riddled with gangs, illegals or meth on every street corner.

Old 06-30-2009, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8 SNAKE View Post
You can post all the stories that you want, but I live here and see it first-hand every day. Springfield isn't riddled with gangs, illegals or meth on every street corner.
Well I've lived there,several of my Kids live there and have lived there.All have had problems with Dopers and Gang Bangers.My youngest says he just soon not go there because of this much less live there.

If I wanted to live in a city I probably would live in Springfield.But I wouldn't go in with Blinders on not seeing the problems there just the same as any Large city.

Oh when I live there I worked Security and drove Trash Truck,picking up Boxes all over town.So yes I know this city.

hillman

Old 06-30-2009, 10:38 PM

226 posts, read 913,109 times
I visited two years ago and saw one Mexican, no drugs and didn't see any gang writing etc. I live in Phoenix and the illegals, drugs, gangs and not to mention AZ is second in the nation for kidnappings, Mexico being number one. I don't believe for a second that Springfield is crazy with drugs, gangs and illegals. I'm sure they have them, but nothing to what I see here in Phoenix. I'm moving with my whole family to Springfield and feel very good about it. I know it will be a safe place to raise my Grandchildren. I can't say that about Phoenix.

Old 07-04-2009, 08:40 AM

3,640 posts, read 4,309,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillman View Post
Well I've lived there,several of my Kids live there and have lived there.All have had problems with Dopers and Gang Bangers.My youngest says he just soon not go there because of this much less live there.

If I wanted to live in a city I probably would live in Springfield.But I wouldn't go in with Blinders on not seeing the problems there just the same as any Large city.

Oh when I live there I worked Security and drove Trash Truck,picking up Boxes all over town.So yes I know this city.

hillman
Where the hell do your kids and family live anyway? There are many of us who happen to live in the general area and what you state is not fact. PERIOD!!!! The area has its problems but it is not as rampant as you say. You are wrong. But hey, if you believe it, please stay as far away as possible so we can all enjoy our wonderful area here without the likes of people who want nothing more than to talk trash.

Old 07-04-2009, 11:58 AM

Location: Finally escaped The People's Republic of California
11,110 posts, read 7,353,623 times
You know what? It all a perception. Now Hillman lives back in the sticks where you can't even get the UPS man to deliver...So for Him to go into Springfield and maybee see some punks on the street corner acting tough and to read these articles and remember the Springfield he remebers this a a very real problem... Now say you and me come from CAlifornia or Arizona where they have razor wire on the streetsigns to prevent graffitti, and the schools have police stations inside them..a couple of wannabe bangers is nothing....here's a story from last spring: Wife and I are walking thru a park in Bella Vista Arkansas watching the lighteneing bugs (they don't have them in California) I see a couple of late teen early 20's guys coming our way, my wife is getting behind me and I'm ready to smack the bigger guy in the nose, when he says " evening Maam, Sir, Y'all watch out the water's high down that way and flooded over the walkway".....Needless to say we weren't CAli anymore.....

Old 07-04-2009, 01:58 PM

Most of this is North and West side of Town.

For your information I lived right there in the Trailer Court at Bypass and Chestnut.Seen plenty of Drugs and Prostitutes.

Use to live on South Golden just South of Mt.Vernon,when I lived there had 6 guys break my door in drag me out in the yard and beat me.Same area different house,my wife shot a Guy coming in our Back Door.

I lived on North Main Street same thing.

My Mom was kidnapped by three Guys in the middle of Winter on the South West side of town,drove all over three counties,rapped,dumped in the ditch for dead.Cops never found the Guys.

I personally know a guy that lives just South of Sunshine off I think it is still Bypass in them New Houses off to the Left.He has been dealing with drugs for years out of there.

Same thing over in Nichols Junction and the area just South of the Rail Yard.

Plus like I say I worked Security all over town and drove Trash Truck all over town.So don't be saying I don't know what I'm talking about.

My wife moved me out of there before I got into trouble and I'm glad she did.

hillman

Old 07-04-2009, 02:46 PM

167 posts, read 387,360 times
KSFO was my station of choice for many years. I still miss it sometimes. KSGF is pretty good though.

Old 07-04-2009, 02:52 PM

167 posts, read 387,360 times
ok, I work in springfield ocassionally, and nixa mostly, and not one day goes by that I dont have to try to communicate with a customer that only speaks spanish. there is a fair number of illegals roaming around here. to say otherwise is crazy. are we overrun like california? of course not. but a quick drive through downtown will turn up a few within minutes. gangs are there, but very much subdued compared to the over the top episodes seen on TV, but gangs need to be subtle to survive, or the public anywhere outside of LA will eventually will rout them out. as to Meth, its way worse out on the west coast, we are better at catching them. they run amok out there only getting attention from police when it explodes a house.

is it really bad? no, are they there? yep.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area