Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2009, 10:40 AM

35 posts, read 80,861 times

Advertisements

I would like to find out what I can about this new neigborhood in Nixa. My husband and I loveeeee Saddlebrooke but have ultimately decided on Nixa because of the schools. I found this community this morning and now I am just trying to find out more about it.

Thanks so much!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2009, 08:51 AM

We drove this neighborhood (again) and do like it....but we feel like the lots are pricey for the size that you get.

Old 05-23-2010, 06:29 AM

1 posts, read 4,177 times
I have visited Kelby Creek many times now and plan to purchase a lot as soon as our current house sells! It is a beautiful subdivision and my husband and I believe it is very well developed. The grounds are always maintained, the lakes are gorgeous and now the clubhouse is under construction too! We have been everywhere, and nothing compares to it in the Nixa area. For everything it has, we think the prices are very good. We walk out there a lot, and cannot wait until we can use all the private trails. Love it!

Old 05-23-2010, 09:38 PM

167 posts, read 451,499 times
It does seen nice, and I watched the two houses under construction being built, and They do seem to be doing it right. (A real concern here even with building codes) I drive by there every day, and I hate that the entrance wiped out the only passing zone on that stretch hwy13/160. there is a lot more traffic than Saddlebrook. as for schools, I don't know which schools Saddlebrook uses, but Spokane is a really good school district as well, just not new and flashy like Nixa.

Old 05-24-2010, 06:58 AM

28 posts, read 70,726 times
Isn't Saddlebrook like half Branson half spokane?

As far as Kelby Creek, once it's completed it will be an incredible neighborhood.

Old 05-24-2010, 10:20 AM

57 posts, read 165,772 times
We currently have our house on the Market and we love Kelby Creek.

At one point we were considering buying a lot for our next house. If you have the money I think you'd love it.

The lots are REALLY pricey and they require so many strict guidelines for building that it really increases the cost to build a home there.

If you haven't read through their CC&R's yet here it is. http://www.kelbycreek.com/files/Restrictions.pdf

Another subdivision I'd suggest is Villages at Wicklow off CC. I think those are the best in Nixa for inner-city living.

We've spoken with Shelley who is in charge of selling the lots out there and they are very nice to deal with.

She told us that they are going to have the clubhouse, which is being built now. They plan to build another building for residents to use for parties etc. I think it'll be near the children's playground. They also plan to have a butterfly garden.

I think it'll be a wonderful subdivision, but I think it's going to take a LONG time before anything springs up there due to the current economy and RE climate.

We ran the numbers and the cheapest to get out there was somewhere near $260,000 including lot price.

That was just a bit too much for us. They wanted us to buy a lot really bad (of course), but we don't want to gamble with constructions costs and interest rates.

You better believe we bought a couple tickets for the St Jude home being given away there. We've toured the house and Fahrlander Homes did a great job. You have no yard though. But I guess the entire community is one big playground

Old 05-26-2010, 08:43 AM

Thanks for the information! When I first started this thread, we were interested in learning more about Kelby Creek but I really do feel like the lots are far too expensive...at least for us and what we are looking for. My husband and I have gone back and forth on where we would like to live one day and I'm fairly certain that we have decided.

Thanks again for your opinions/input!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area