U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Springfield or Branson?
Branson 5 55.56%
Springfield 4 44.44%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2009, 03:43 AM

5 posts, read 20,056 times

Advertisements

Well I've lived in Oklahoma my entire life and I'm looking for a change. Ive heard Branson is great and I'm very into theatre I would love to work around that type of environment doing anything from being in the theatre to grunt work. But I want to make sure the economy is doing okay there and it's not alot more expensive. Would it be a good move?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2009, 06:57 AM

1,921 posts, read 5,554,055 times
You don't mention anything about your current location in Oklahoma, so there's no way for people to compare the cost of living between Branson and the whole state of Oklahoma.

I also don't understand your poll. You talk about deciding between Branson and Oklahoma, but the poll is between Springfield and Branson. I'm not sure how Springfield comes into the mix?

Deciding whether this would be a good move is really something that you have to answer for yourself. You're close enough that I'd advocate spending a week of vacation in Branson getting a feel for the current employment outlook and housing options that would meet your needs. From there, you can see what makes the most sense for you and your goals.

Old 07-05-2009, 03:12 PM

880 posts, read 2,530,427 times
Default more information required

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondagirl85 View Post
Well I've lived in Oklahoma my entire life and I'm looking for a change. Ive heard Branson is great and I'm very into theatre I would love to work around that type of environment doing anything from being in the theatre to grunt work. But I want to make sure the economy is doing okay there and it's not alot more expensive. Would it be a good move?
Well, that's a pretty hard couple of questions....I would suggest you do more reseach on places like City-Data (they give lots of stats) to compare between where you live now and Branson. Also, as far as "into theater"..it would depend on what you can do and when....typically the theaters don't work year round so you would need to figure out how to support yourself in the 2-3 months of winter. The economy is like every other tourist town right now...slower than it used to be but people still come to visit. They may do less eating out and maybe not so many shows, but many still come to play.

The other site you may want to do some comparisons on is Sperlings....they have a good site for comparing people, economy, taxes, etc...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area