Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2009, 07:30 AM

1,921 posts, read 6,427,307 times

Advertisements

I'm almost ashamed to say that I live so close to Branson, yet know so little about the area. As a result, I'm reaching out for input from others who can clue me in a bit.

I'm planning an evening in Branson with my wife. I'd like to get tickets to a Saturday evening showing of Noah the Musical and reservations for a nice dinner before the show.

I never go to shows in Branson, so I'm not sure the best way to buy tickets. Do you go to some of the web sites and order, buy direct from the box office, or is there a better way? I'm flexible on dates (as long as it's a Saturday), but I want to get the best seats possible.

I rarely eat in Branson, so I'm open to dinner suggestions as well. I enjoyed Charlie's (I think that's what it was called) on the Landing, but that has since closed. Anything similar in quality down there now?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2009, 04:33 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,128,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8 SNAKE View Post
I'm almost ashamed to say that I live so close to Branson, yet know so little about the area. As a result, I'm reaching out for input from others who can clue me in a bit.

I'm planning an evening in Branson with my wife. I'd like to get tickets to a Saturday evening showing of Noah the Musical and reservations for a nice dinner before the show.

I never go to shows in Branson, so I'm not sure the best way to buy tickets. Do you go to some of the web sites and order, buy direct from the box office, or is there a better way? I'm flexible on dates (as long as it's a Saturday), but I want to get the best seats possible.

I rarely eat in Branson, so I'm open to dinner suggestions as well. I enjoyed Charlie's (I think that's what it was called) on the Landing, but that has since closed. Anything similar in quality down there now?

Thanks!
Regarding dinner, it is very hard to recommend because people's taste are so diverse, and a lot of it depends on what you are looking for. Personally, I do not care for chain restaurants so I stick with the privately owned ones. If you like a good buffet I can recommend Grand Country Buffet or Sadie's Sideboard. I ate recently at the Paradise Grill and liked it too. Granny's is also quite good but the selection is not as large as the ones aforementioned.

20yrsinBranson

Old 07-05-2009, 03:02 PM

879 posts, read 2,878,761 times
Default Tickets and dinner

If you can, go to the box office at the show directly...before the big night.
You can usually get the best tickets by talking to someone. However, most websites are good too...most of them also give you the seating chart and what's available. My best tickets, however, have been by showing up with my smilin' face.

As far as dinner...I don't remember Charlies...there was a Sullivans Steak House that was wonderful but a little pricey for some people (why it's out of biz.). What type of place are you looking for? If your preferring the Landing, Loredo Gourmet Mexican Grill is pretty good and Dave's Famous BBQ is good but the ambiance is sort of hectic and not romantic at all. The Candlestick (across from the Landing) is very good but again pricey..their menu is on their website. Charlies Pub and Grill is on the Strip and has pretty decent steak and such. Usually has live music on the weekends.

Another excellent choice is The Bleu Olive on Commerical up the hill from the Landing. It's a classy place, not too expensive, specializes in more mediterranian foods but not everything is in that area. The place has more intimate feel and if it's for something like an anniversary, birthday, type of thing then I would highly recommend it....of course I guess I would recommend it for anything as it's one of my favorites. I think their menu is also on their website.

Personally, I would stay away from the Strip on Saturdays during tourist season...everything is always rushed.

Old 07-06-2009, 08:31 AM

Sullivans! Yes, that's the restaurant I was thinking of. They had the best peanut butter pie desert that I've ever had. Man, I miss that!

The Bleu Olive sounds very nice. I forgot about Candlestick, as well. It's been a long time since I've been to Candlestick, so I'll have to weigh both of those and see which one wins. If they both have menus online, that will make my job much, much easier.

Thanks again for the input, Mrs. C and 20 yrs. I appreciate it!

Old 07-11-2009, 05:59 AM

Location: Branson-Hollister-Kimberling City-Blue Eye-Ridgedale
1,814 posts, read 5,381,758 times
Wink Two more...on the lake...

Hey 8 snake...sorry I've been MIA but how cool you're planning a trip down our way! I've heard Noah is amazing. One'a these days I need to take my parents to see it, I think it's about the only show they haven't seen!

I concur on the Candlestick ~ The Bleu Olive ~ Cantina Laredo ~ I'd also suggest either the Chateau at the Lake (they have outdoor dining with that amazing lake view) or The Worman House at Big Cedar. Both are on the shores of beautiful Table Rock Lake and are always my first thought......and have wonderful food.

Please give us an update about yr evening?

I've been out of pocket moving & starting a new RE company. We're gonna be in a great Ozarkian location...right between the wine taste-ing place and those chain-saw bears. Come see us on your way down!

Old 07-12-2009, 05:58 PM

2 posts, read 3,294 times
Hello,

My husband and I go to Branson every fall. We travel from east Texas and the drive is wonderful with the changing of seasons. We usually stay in the Honeysuckle Inn which is next door to the IMAX mall. There is a restaurant called McFarland's inside the mall. The prices are reasonable and the food is good. That is usually the first place we go after unpacking our clothes. Be sure to go see the IMAX film "Legends of the Ozarks" which is about the McFarland family.

Old 07-12-2009, 06:01 PM

2 posts, read 3,294 times
We went to see "Noah" last year. I highly recommend it. The show is so real you feel like you are actually on the boat.

Old 07-13-2009, 08:31 AM

I'd like to thank everyone for the valuable insights. I appreciate them all.

We saw the 3:30 pm showing of Noah and then enjoyed dinner at the Bleu Olive. My wife and I were both very impressed with the show and can't even imagine how much work went into the design and construction of the sets. I don't have much to compare this to, since I rarely watch Branson shows. However, I was quite impressed! I would recommend the show to anyone and there wasn't a bad seat in the house (though if you sit near the center aisle, you'll be right next to the live animals that are led onto the stage).

Bleu Olive was another great choice. My wife had their five-cheese pizza and I enjoyed a seafood pasta dish with shrimp, calamari and clams in a spicy tomato sauce. While our food was excellent, the service was definitely sub-par. Our server was simply not cut out for this line of work and was very inattentive. She was polite, but very rarely visited our table. We even got to the point where we placed drink orders with another server because ours was gone so long. Aside from the slow service, our meal was great and I would return.

Overall, we had a fantastic day in Branson.

LJ - Congrats on your new venture! We drove right past ya on the way down and back, but didn't know it at the time. We'll wave next time.

Old 07-16-2009, 05:13 AM

Location: Branson-Hollister-Kimberling City-Blue Eye-Ridgedale
1,814 posts, read 5,381,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8 SNAKE View Post
I'd like to thank everyone for the valuable insights. I appreciate them all.

We saw the 3:30 pm showing of Noah and then enjoyed dinner at the Bleu Olive. My wife and I were both very impressed with the show and can't even imagine how much work went into the design and construction of the sets. I don't have much to compare this to, since I rarely watch Branson shows. However, I was quite impressed! I would recommend the show to anyone and there wasn't a bad seat in the house (though if you sit near the center aisle, you'll be right next to the live animals that are led onto the stage).

Bleu Olive was another great choice. My wife had their five-cheese pizza and I enjoyed a seafood pasta dish with shrimp, calamari and clams in a spicy tomato sauce. While our food was excellent, the service was definitely sub-par. Our server was simply not cut out for this line of work and was very inattentive. She was polite, but very rarely visited our table. We even got to the point where we placed drink orders with another server because ours was gone so long. Aside from the slow service, our meal was great and I would return.

Overall, we had a fantastic day in Branson.

LJ - Congrats on your new venture! We drove right past ya on the way down and back, but didn't know it at the time. We'll wave next time.
Hey! Good to read the feedback about your day...glad you enjoyed the show and the food at the Bleu Olive, even if the service was geriatric...

Do stop by anytime, that would be a blast!

Old 07-22-2009, 04:08 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,471,872 times
So LJ, which will we come to first, the wine tasting place or the bears. That might be a factor in our time of arrival!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area