U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-20-2009, 01:28 PM
 
Location: Joplin, Missouri
635 posts, read 1,357,518 times
Reputation: 248

Advertisements

Ok...It looks like I am a go ahead with my Branson move. I will be working hard this next Spring (MARCH) to find a place to live. This is where I need your help. I do not want to be too far out to have too much difficulty on the roads in the winter months. I would like to be fairly close (less than 5 miles) to the Jr. High/ High School. I have seen ads for condos and apartments in those areas. I will probably chose this venue till I get more familiar and established with the area.

Are there certain complexes that have a bad reputation/ bad management etc? Another alternative were condos that I see on craigslist a lot (fox trail) any thoughts on those? I thought, although not close to the schools, it is off 165 and close to the Dam/Lake etc. Any particular thoughts on these areas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-23-2009, 02:49 PM
 
56 posts, read 148,247 times
Reputation: 58
The traffic on 76 moves at a snail's pace all months except Jan and Feb. and i think that will change soon....
living "out" is not such a bad idea...just stay away from the tourist areas - not becuase of safety (you won't find a safer place to walk and sightsee) but because of the traffic!
We love Branson - but of course, we're part of the group of "tourists" that are causing all the problems. ha!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-24-2009, 12:47 PM
 
Location: Joplin, Missouri
635 posts, read 1,357,518 times
Reputation: 248
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgmacm View Post
The traffic on 76 moves at a snail's pace all months except Jan and Feb. and i think that will change soon....
living "out" is not such a bad idea...just stay away from the tourist areas - not becuase of safety (you won't find a safer place to walk and sightsee) but because of the traffic!
We love Branson - but of course, we're part of the group of "tourists" that are causing all the problems. ha!!!

Yea...I'm one of those too. I do not want to be near the strip (76). There are some condos South on 165 going towards the fish hatchery, roads are not terribly windy but far enough out to avoid traffic. Won't be too close to schools but I reckin thats why we have buses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-25-2009, 10:25 AM
 
Location: Beautiful Table Rock Lake
870 posts, read 2,722,867 times
Reputation: 880
Default Lots of new apartments being built!!

There is a new complex just off Sheperd of the Hills Pkwy, called College View Apts. Their # is (417)334-2431 . There is a just opened complex off Hwy 248 called Valley Ridge Residences. They are very nice!

A friend of mine moved in last month and they have pools and playgrounds,too! http://bestsmileys.com/undersun/2.gif (broken link)

Both are within 5 miles of the school. Good Luck!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-25-2009, 12:16 PM
 
Location: Branson-Hollister-Kimberling City
1,806 posts, read 4,684,828 times
Reputation: 1556
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollym313 View Post
Ok...It looks like I am a go ahead with my Branson move. I will be working hard this next Spring (MARCH) to find a place to live. This is where I need your help. I do not want to be too far out to have too much difficulty on the roads in the winter months. I would like to be fairly close (less than 5 miles) to the Jr. High/ High School. I have seen ads for condos and apartments in those areas. I will probably chose this venue till I get more familiar and established with the area.

Are there certain complexes that have a bad reputation/ bad management etc? Another alternative were condos that I see on craigslist a lot (fox trail) any thoughts on those? I thought, although not close to the schools, it is off 165 and close to the Dam/Lake etc. Any particular thoughts on these areas?
I vote the closer to the lake, the better...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-26-2009, 02:18 PM
 
Location: SW Missouri
15,527 posts, read 29,228,109 times
Reputation: 21263
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgmacm View Post
The traffic on 76 moves at a snail's pace all months except Jan and Feb. and i think that will change soon....
living "out" is not such a bad idea...just stay away from the tourist areas - not becuase of safety (you won't find a safer place to walk and sightsee) but because of the traffic!
We love Branson - but of course, we're part of the group of "tourists" that are causing all the problems. ha!!!
Piffle. With the singular exception of the "76 Music Hall to WalMart Corridor" I can get anywhere in Branson in 20 minutes or less. You don't have to drive on 76 if you don't want to, thanks to the many back roads and alternate routes.

20yrsinBranson
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-27-2009, 08:43 AM
 
Location: Joplin, Missouri
635 posts, read 1,357,518 times
Reputation: 248
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
Piffle. With the singular exception of the "76 Music Hall to WalMart Corridor" I can get anywhere in Branson in 20 minutes or less. You don't have to drive on 76 if you don't want to, thanks to the many back roads and alternate routes.

20yrsinBranson
Yea I've gotten really good at avoiding the bulk of traffic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-27-2009, 08:44 AM
 
Location: Joplin, Missouri
635 posts, read 1,357,518 times
Reputation: 248
Quote:
Originally Posted by darlynn0217 View Post
there is a new complex just off sheperd of the hills pkwy, called college view apts. Their # is (417)334-2431 . There is a just opened complex off hwy 248 called valley ridge residences. They are very nice!

A friend of mine moved in last month and they have pools and playgrounds,too!

Both are within 5 miles of the school. Good luck!!
cool! Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-14-2010, 11:45 AM
 
1 posts, read 1,674 times
Reputation: 10
is there any townhouses or luxury apts in branson. plan on getting a job in the downtown area. Would just prefer to walk, bike, moped it if possible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-15-2010, 05:38 AM
 
Location: Branson-Hollister-Kimberling City
1,806 posts, read 4,684,828 times
Reputation: 1556
Cool Walking...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jboer View Post
is there any townhouses or luxury apts in branson. plan on getting a job in the downtown area. Would just prefer to walk, bike, moped it if possible.
There are quite a few residential areas tucked in & around the old downtown area...not sure if you'd consider them "luxury" tho...

It could work if you're in good shape!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top