U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2009, 09:12 AM

Location: Finally escaped The People's Republic of California
11,110 posts, read 7,351,136 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
The downside is that in order to get to the shore of Table Rock Lake we'll actually have to walk across our street. Boo Hoo!

LJ Rocks!
Wow, How cool.........Now go get yerself a bassboat and prepare the guest room....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2009, 11:27 AM

14 posts, read 24,758 times
Congrats Curmudgen! That's great!
But....have you heard the horrible story about how Nexxie didn't like it here? LOL

I too like objectivity but throwing out the same post from someone that hated Mo. is little help. If we are following these posts.....We've already read it!!!

Old 08-08-2009, 09:07 PM

25,463 posts, read 11,970,211 times
Congratulations, Curmudgen! Now you've gone and done it!!! You have come here and conquered. How dare you find a home so quickly in Missouri!!! Sheesh, haven't you been paying attention to some of the posts around here? You aren't supposed to be happy............. yet! You need to wait awhile and then let the misery set in and begin the complaining. 'Oh woe is me....why did I ever move here....oh poor me. And
'they' tried to warn me.....Oh, well, just try to make the best of it'. lol... hahaha....

And again, congratulations on such a quick decision. Glad that you were helped by our wonderful LJ

Old 08-09-2009, 05:46 AM

23,605 posts, read 30,322,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by misplaced1 View Post
So good to hear and wow that was FAST!
HEY! Ain't no grass growin' under our feet! Besides, Lake Junkie was standin' there with the Roundup!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali BassMan View Post
Wow, How cool.........Now go get yerself a bassboat and prepare the guest room....
Actually, CB, guest bedroom will be the first room in the house fully furnished. Y'all come!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gone-island View Post
Congrats Curmudgen! That's great!
But....have you heard the horrible story about how Nexxie didn't like it here? LOL

I too like objectivity but throwing out the same post from someone that hated Mo. is little help. If we are following these posts.....We've already read it!!!
Poor Nexxie. She'd hate is here. Closest shopping of any kind is over 18 miles away, and that's Lowes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwoods Voyager View Post
Congratulations, Curmudgen! Now you've gone and done it!!! You have come here and conquered. How dare you find a home so quickly in Missouri!!! Sheesh, haven't you been paying attention to some of the posts around here? You aren't supposed to be happy............. yet! You need to wait awhile and then let the misery set in and begin the complaining. 'Oh woe is me....why did I ever move here....oh poor me. And
'they' tried to warn me.....Oh, well, just try to make the best of it'. lol... hahaha....

And again, congratulations on such a quick decision. Glad that you were helped by our wonderful LJ
Ya know, we tried to suffer and prolong things but the lovely Lake Junkie and the esteemed Mrs. Chilicook weren't havin' it. Loving it here was an absolute imperative!

Last edited by ShadowCaver; 08-09-2009 at 04:44 PM..

Old 08-09-2009, 09:18 AM

6,044 posts, read 21,125,101 times
Welcome to Missouri! I'm a transplant from the east coast...I've never regretted coming here at all and it's been 2 years now.

Old 08-09-2009, 04:10 PM

2,502 posts, read 5,450,948 times
Congratulations on your new Missouri home. I wish you and your wife many happy and healthy years there.

Old 08-09-2009, 07:03 PM

4,679 posts, read 10,636,276 times
Hey ya soon-to-be-former Californian... welcome to MO, and congratulations on the new place

Will be looking forward to gazing at some photos herein...

And a tip of the hat to that lady of the lake

Old 08-09-2009, 08:37 PM

2,130 posts, read 3,925,013 times
Cool Hey Lake Junkie, I'm still hanging in here!

Curmudgeon, I too couldn't be happier for you, and you're going to do absolutely great as one of the Show Me State's newest residents! Here's something from California you're leaving behind, in case you or anyone else is interested: Hot Air Blog Archive California: You owe us taxes on those IOUs

It's getting....kinda surreal out here, and Mrs. Northbayeric and I are going to make a few more home improvements in the coming months, and then make another attempt to sell it in the spring. God be willing, we'll mostly follow in Curmudgeon's footsteps, or if we don't relocate quite as far as Missouri, then we think it could be Oklahoma--we're eyeballing the Tulsa suburbs of Sapulpa and Sand Springs.

It's really looking like California's totally in the redline area on the Humpty Dumpty Meter. Barring direct divine intervention, it doesn't look like it can be put back together again. We thought that our sharply declining real estate prices (a 3-2 house now fetches about $250K to $275K) might make it worthwhile to try buying one of them and staying put. No, Curmudgeon's got the right idea, and we're going to try again next year as we did in 2008 when we tried selling our house and got no takers.

But enough about me! It's time to welcome and celebrate Curmudgeon's arrival there, and successful evacuation from the (Fools?) Golden State!

Old 08-09-2009, 09:00 PM

1,806 posts, read 4,684,828 times
Cool Welcome to the Curmudgeon Family...:)

Quote:
Originally Posted by misplaced1 View Post
So good to hear and wow that was FAST!
The result of research, realistic expectations, and pre-approval!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowCaver View Post
Hey ya soon-to-be-former Californian... welcome to MO, and congratulations on the new place

Will be looking forward to gazing at some photos herein...

And a tip of the hat to that lady of the lake
Thanks, SC...

Quote:
Originally Posted by northbayeric View Post
Curmudgeon, I too couldn't be happier for you, and you're going to do absolutely great as one of the Show Me State's newest residents! Here's something from California you're leaving behind, in case you or anyone else is interested: Hot Air Blog Archive California: You owe us taxes on those IOUs

It's getting....kinda surreal out here, and Mrs. Northbayeric and I are going to make a few more home improvements in the coming months, and then make another attempt to sell it in the spring. God be willing, we'll mostly follow in Curmudgeon's footsteps, or if we don't relocate quite as far as Missouri, then we think it could be Oklahoma--we're eyeballing the Tulsa suburbs of Sapulpa and Sand Springs.

It's really looking like California's totally in the redline area on the Humpty Dumpty Meter. Barring direct divine intervention, it doesn't look like it can be put back together again. We thought that our sharply declining real estate prices (a 3-2 house now fetches about $250K to $275K) might make it worthwhile to try buying one of them and staying put. No, Curmudgeon's got the right idea, and we're going to try again next year as we did in 2008 when we tried selling our house and got no takers.

But enough about me! It's time to welcome and celebrate Curmudgeon's arrival there, and successful evacuation from the (Fools?) Golden State!
Hi to you, too NorthBay...hope next spring finds you packing!

Old 08-09-2009, 09:23 PM

25,463 posts, read 11,970,211 times
Lake Junkie....Thank you...One more who is now going to be a happy Missourian. No one could have done it any better than you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area