U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 10:44 AM

971 posts, read 1,133,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
I am curious enough to ask, does Table Rock Lake generally freeze over in the winter? If so, would that make it unfeasible to have a large houseboat on the lake, unless a marina can pull it out and store it for you?
A more accurate answer to your question is;
1965-69 was a series of colder than normal weather for the Table Rock area. We experienced below zero temps for extended periods of time. I can only speak for the James River arm of TR. I saw the ice personally. 67 -69 was less ice but more snow which sunk more docks than the ice did. Each year later the winters have been getting more mild. Global Warming? Don't know, can't say. Will the weather swing back to colder Temps? Who knows.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2012, 02:16 PM

971 posts, read 1,133,872 times
Default A bit of history.

We had an Alaskan retiree couple move to our subdivision in 1965. He had been a game warden in Alaska so they were acustomed to snows. We had so much snow in 1969, our "Y" highway had two snow plowes and a grader stuck in the snow drift. Mrs. P called me and said Joe was on his roof and was having heart pains and asked if I could boat them to Hiway 13 boat dock to be put in an ambulance. An hour later they were in the ambulance on their way to Skaggs. The next summer they sold and moved to Branson.

Don't discount Mother Nature!

Old 03-24-2014, 01:13 PM

1 posts, read 1,179 times
Default Slip financing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake Junkie View Post
Thanks for the compliment, sassygirl2!

The only place you can lease a slip is in a marina. Owners of community boat dock slips are prohibited by the terms of their agreement with the Corp to lease their slips. And yes, from Branson Canyon you'd be about equidistant from either the State Park Marina or Long Creek Marina. (I can't ever remember the new name either.)

As far as purchasing a slip, if you can identify which boat dock appeals to you, and find someone to tell you the name of the registered dockmaster (the Corp used to tell us but privacy laws prohibit that now) then you can get in touch with them and get on a waiting list to buy a slip. It's a little complicated, I'd hope that whoever is helping you buy in Branson Canyon () would be able to help you.

Thanks for DM'ing me...I've been a little out of the loop what with work & such...

I'm trying t obtain financing for the purchase of a boat slip. Anyone know where I can obtain financing for a slip on Table Rock? Thank you!
I'm trying to click submit but it keeps saying my message is too short. How long does it have to be to accept it?

Old 03-25-2014, 08:02 AM

1,806 posts, read 4,686,180 times
Default Slip financing

I think Table Rock Community Bank is doing slip financing. Also might try Branson Bank or Ozark Mountain Bank, the locals understand the value.

Lake time is coming!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area