U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 08-30-2009, 10:24 AM
 
Location: SW MO
23,605 posts, read 30,340,105 times
Reputation: 28970

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by leaving colorado View Post
I am starting to think that you can't read....I said I was leaving Colorado for a reason.How dare you say that spray painting and gangs are a part of my culture.It may be part of Juan's that lives in section 8 housing,but I assure you it's not mine.The fact that I am moving says that I am not so tolerant either.I live in Fort Collins which is a very very nice town.My husband whom is white is a manager at an apartment complex and here lately has been cleaning off graffiti of property signs,I have seen a few of this around town as well.Just because a person is hispanic doesnt mean they wanna live in a trailor park 20 deep with the rest of them.I think you should take that into consideration next time you wanna start making allegations.
Coming from California, I've had more than enough of illegals from many countries whom certain communities seem to adopt as their pets to be fed and nurtured because it's the "make me feel good about myself," progressive thing to do. I wanted to see them run out of town; their supporters as well but unfortunately, too many of those supporters are in the Legislature and pander for money and votes.

That being said, there is much about the hispanic culture to be admired and good people are just that regardless of what flavor they come in.

We, too, are leaving CA and moving to MO in less than two weeks. I refer to it as moving back to America. Glad you'll be joining us!

 
Old 08-30-2009, 11:15 AM
 
Location: SW Missouri
15,527 posts, read 29,246,638 times
Reputation: 21264
Quote:
Originally Posted by leaving colorado View Post
I was just wondering the percentage of illegals in the area.I looked at the detailed profile,but that was from 2007.I hear the ethnic diversity is very little so just thought would ask.
Tyson = illegals They're everywhere.

20yrsinBranson
 
Old 08-30-2009, 12:08 PM
 
Location: SW MO
23,605 posts, read 30,340,105 times
Reputation: 28970
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
Tyson = illegals They're everywhere.

20yrsinBranson
One of the big reasons we refuse to purchase their products! Wally World's a close second since it seems that most of their merchandise is from Chinese sweatshops. Shoddy workmanship, planned obsolescence and dangerous chemicals. The only throw-away items I want in my house are paper products!
 
Old 08-30-2009, 01:23 PM
 
1,255 posts, read 2,694,899 times
Reputation: 952
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
Tyson = illegals They're everywhere.

20yrsinBranson
Cargill too.

I was told about all the Illegals at the Local Chicken Plant before it closed down.I was setting there one evening at the change of shifts.I was thinking I'm not seeing Illegals.Then just before time to go to work there was two Buses pulled into the Gate and unloaded the Scab Labor.

But I believe the state of Missouri started cracking down on them is the reason they moved to Arkansas.

Until the Goverment starts giving everyone involved in this Federal Prison time as I have been telling our Senators this will continue.

hillman
 
Old 08-30-2009, 03:04 PM
 
Location: Rolla, Phelps County, Ozarks, Missouri
1,069 posts, read 2,173,970 times
Reputation: 1252
Quote:
Originally Posted by leaving colorado View Post
I am starting to think that you can't read....I said I was leaving Colorado for a reason.How dare you say that spray painting and gangs are a part of my culture.It may be part of Juan's that lives in section 8 housing,but I assure you it's not mine.The fact that I am moving says that I am not so tolerant either.I live in Fort Collins which is a very very nice town.My husband whom is white is a manager at an apartment complex and here lately has been cleaning off graffiti of property signs,I have seen a few of this around town as well.Just because a person is hispanic doesnt mean they wanna live in a trailor park 20 deep with the rest of them.I think you should take that into consideration next time you wanna start making allegations.
Hey, settle down. I'm not making any allegations. I'm trying to be understanding and tolerant. I'm trying to embrace the hispanic culture, which an angry white liberal told me includes the artistic expression of graffiti and the brotherhood of gangs. Your use of the name Juan as a pejorative and ridicule of people who live in Section 8 housing or mobile homes seems to indicate that you are intolerant of the poor hispanics.
 
Old 08-30-2009, 06:38 PM
 
Location: Fort Collins,Colorado
42 posts, read 134,515 times
Reputation: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozarksboy View Post
Hey, settle down. I'm not making any allegations. I'm trying to be understanding and tolerant. I'm trying to embrace the hispanic culture, which an angry white liberal told me includes the artistic expression of graffiti and the brotherhood of gangs. Your use of the name Juan as a pejorative and ridicule of people who live in Section 8 housing or mobile homes seems to indicate that you are intolerant of the poor hispanics.
I am intolerant of ppl like yourself.
 
Old 08-30-2009, 06:52 PM
 
Location: Rolla, Phelps County, Ozarks, Missouri
1,069 posts, read 2,173,970 times
Reputation: 1252
Quote:
Originally Posted by leaving colorado View Post
I am intolerant of ppl like yourself.
Should I be tolerant of graffiti "artists" or should I be opposed to them? Either way I'm called a racist. I get it all from all sides. I don't know what to say now, because I want everyone to like me.
 
Old 08-30-2009, 07:11 PM
 
Location: The City of St. Louis
938 posts, read 3,055,796 times
Reputation: 764
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillman View Post
Cargill too.

I was told about all the Illegals at the Local Chicken Plant before it closed down.I was setting there one evening at the change of shifts.I was thinking I'm not seeing Illegals.Then just before time to go to work there was two Buses pulled into the Gate and unloaded the Scab Labor.

But I believe the state of Missouri started cracking down on them is the reason they moved to Arkansas.

Until the Goverment starts giving everyone involved in this Federal Prison time as I have been telling our Senators this will continue.

hillman
Those companies (Tyson and Cargill) actively advertise jobs at Missouri agricultural-industrial plants within the country of Mexico. Without those companies advertising to and encouraging people to illegally cross into the United States, no illegals would have immigrated to SW MO.

Companies do this for a number of reasons...the top of those reasons being profits. Illegal workers are willing to work for less wages than American workers, and are more willing to work in dangerous conditions (after all, a paycheck is better than none). Additionally, employers know they can treat immigrants poorly as they are often too afraid to talk to organizations like OSHA or other governmental entities that any of us would go to if we were working in unsafe environments. More simply, they often do not know their rights.

The local citizens and taxpayers end up paying the price for the illegal immigration encouraged by these companies. Local schools are flooded with non-English speaking students they are required to teach, while the tax base in the area goes up little. Local citizens lose their jobs to illegals willing to work for less.

An interesting documentary on this is Mississippi Chicken, which tells the story of the exact same circumstances surrounding a chicken plant in Mississippi.

Quote:
One of the big reasons we refuse to purchase their products! Wally World's a close second since it seems that most of their merchandise is from Chinese sweatshops. Shoddy workmanship, planned obsolescence and dangerous chemicals. The only throw-away items I want in my house are paper products!
I too refuse to buy Tyson products. If I buy chicken (or beef, for that matter), it is Missouri-raised by smaller farmers...not that antibiotic-filled, cage-raised Tyson crap. I just picked up a few pounds of grass-fed Ozarks-raised ground beef....should make some tasty chili
 
Old 08-30-2009, 08:17 PM
 
1,255 posts, read 2,694,899 times
Reputation: 952
Quote:
Originally Posted by OA 5599 View Post
Those companies (Tyson and Cargill) actively advertise jobs at Missouri agricultural-industrial plants within the country of Mexico. Without those companies advertising to and encouraging people to illegally cross into the United States, no illegals would have immigrated to SW MO.

Companies do this for a number of reasons...the top of those reasons being profits. Illegal workers are willing to work for less wages than American workers, and are more willing to work in dangerous conditions (after all, a paycheck is better than none). Additionally, employers know they can treat immigrants poorly as they are often too afraid to talk to organizations like OSHA or other governmental entities that any of us would go to if we were working in unsafe environments. More simply, they often do not know their rights.

The local citizens and taxpayers end up paying the price for the illegal immigration encouraged by these companies. Local schools are flooded with non-English speaking students they are required to teach, while the tax base in the area goes up little. Local citizens lose their jobs to illegals willing to work for less.

An interesting documentary on this is Mississippi Chicken, which tells the story of the exact same circumstances surrounding a chicken plant in Mississippi.



I too refuse to buy Tyson products. If I buy chicken (or beef, for that matter), it is Missouri-raised by smaller farmers...not that antibiotic-filled, cage-raised Tyson crap. I just picked up a few pounds of grass-fed Ozarks-raised ground beef....should make some tasty chili
Yes I know this.I worked for MFA and I guess the Illegals thought the same of MFA because they would come there and we would run them off.But we would hire younger Kids that were wanting to work.Problem with them if they were younger than 16 all I could have them doing was Unloading and Loading Trucks and stacking Bags on Pallets.They couldn't even run a Sewing Machine to Sew Bags.

I've found so much wrong with Illegals in an aera.But the list would take too long.

hillman
 
Old 08-30-2009, 09:46 PM
 
Location: Fort Collins,Colorado
42 posts, read 134,515 times
Reputation: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozarksboy View Post
Should I be tolerant of graffiti "artists" or should I be opposed to them? Either way I'm called a racist. I get it all from all sides. I don't know what to say now, because I want everyone to like me.
Opposed of course,as I am I.Im just a bit counfused by you.I say I am leaving colorado becasue of things like this,and then you refer to it as MY culture.That is not my culture.I wasnt raised to run around town with gang signs tattooed on me,or to tag buildings.I never said you were racist.I just dont really understand as to why you put me in that category.Yeah I did refer to Juan being in section 8.Where I live he is.Is he on the lease no.Is he even suppose to live in the house no.He sits around all day slinging drugs out of his g/f's apt.Now she's the one thats on section 8.with her 5 kids.Does she work ..no.Does she draw a welfare check and foodstamps that Juan sells for cash...yes..So you see alot of ppl could see me as racist too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top