U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2009, 10:46 PM

23,605 posts, read 30,340,105 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by leaving colorado View Post
Opposed of course,as I am I.Im just a bit counfused by you.I say I am leaving colorado becasue of things like this,and then you refer to it as MY culture.That is not my culture.I wasnt raised to run around town with gang signs tattooed on me,or to tag buildings.I never said you were racist.I just dont really understand as to why you put me in that category.Yeah I did refer to Juan being in section 8.Where I live he is.Is he on the lease no.Is he even suppose to live in the house no.He sits around all day slinging drugs out of his g/f's apt.Now she's the one thats on section 8.with her 5 kids.Does she work ..no.Does she draw a welfare check and foodstamps that Juan sells for cash...yes..So you see alot of ppl could see me as racist too.
If I may be so bold, LC, it would serve you well to calm down and try to jettison that chip that appears adhered to your shoulder. If you're seriously considering moving to MO, which we'll be doing in less that two weeks, you have to understand that in some regards you're taking as step backwards in social evolution if you consider more westernly attitudes and "progressiveness" more advanced.

All of this is simply not worthy of argument and the expenditure of massive amounts of emotional energy better used for more pleasant things. It will change nothing and will just cause the heaping of ashes, rending of garments and tearing of hair.

Old 08-30-2009, 11:16 PM

1,817 posts, read 5,769,157 times
Quote:
Opposed of course,as I am I.Im just a bit counfused by you.I say I am leaving colorado becasue of things like this,and then you refer to it as MY culture.That is not my culture.I wasnt raised to run around town with gang signs tattooed on me,or to tag buildings.I never said you were racist.I just dont really understand as to why you put me in that category.Yeah I did refer to Juan being in section 8.Where I live he is.Is he on the lease no.Is he even suppose to live in the house no.He sits around all day slinging drugs out of his g/f's apt.Now she's the one thats on section 8.with her 5 kids.Does she work ..no.Does she draw a welfare check and foodstamps that Juan sells for cash...yes..So you see alot of ppl could see me as racist too.
Just make sure you check out the area you'll be moving to and make sure the neighbors are the kind who care about neighbors and neighborhood. Missouri has some great places as well as some neighborhoods with the crappy element I found mainly in parts of the cities.

Old 08-31-2009, 12:02 AM

42 posts, read 134,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
If I may be so bold, LC, it would serve you well to calm down and try to jettison that chip that appears adhered to your shoulder. If you're seriously considering moving to MO, which we'll be doing in less that two weeks, you have to understand that in some regards you're taking as step backwards in social evolution if you consider more westernly attitudes and "progressiveness" more advanced.

All of this is simply not worthy of argument and the expenditure of massive amounts of emotional energy better used for more pleasant things. It will change nothing and will just cause the heaping of ashes, rending of garments and tearing of hair.
I dont have a chip on my shoulder.People are just people.Cant be mad at em for that.

Old 08-31-2009, 07:43 AM

635 posts, read 1,358,249 times
Ohhhhh....I think I need popcorn for this thread. This is almost as good as WWE when they bring chairs into the ring

Old 08-31-2009, 07:55 AM

809 posts, read 142,769 times
Don't forget the tables and objects hidden in their trunks!

Old 08-31-2009, 01:42 PM

1,921 posts, read 5,554,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post

Quote:
I dont have a chip on my shoulder.People are just people.Cant be mad at em for that.
I must agree with Curmudgeon completely. Perhaps you don't perceive a chip on your shoulder, but I picked up on one right away. Obviously, Curmudgeon felt the same and said precisely what I would have told you.

We're pretty laid back around here, so perhaps this is simply a difference in communication styles. I'd hate to see you move here and run into problems when none really exist (aside from the difference in communicating).

Old 08-31-2009, 02:45 PM

42 posts, read 134,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8 SNAKE View Post
I must agree with Curmudgeon completely. Perhaps you don't perceive a chip on your shoulder, but I picked up on one right away. Obviously, Curmudgeon felt the same and said precisely what I would have told you.

We're pretty laid back around here, so perhaps this is simply a difference in communication styles. I'd hate to see you move here and run into problems when none really exist (aside from the difference in communicating).
Perhaps you cant read either.If someone wants to say that gangs and graffiti are part of my culture I have every right to defend myself.So honestly I have no clue what yall are even talking about.If yall are so laid back around there then why yall telling ppl that they are part of the negativety in America?The question was about illegals in Missouri,not the bad things about hispanic culture.

Old 08-31-2009, 03:40 PM

1,921 posts, read 5,554,055 times
Quote:
Perhaps you cant read either.If someone wants to say that gangs and graffiti are part of my culture I have every right to defend myself.So honestly I have no clue what yall are even talking about.If yall are so laid back around there then why yall telling ppl that they are part of the negativety in America?The question was about illegals in Missouri,not the bad things about hispanic culture.
Easy trigger. We're laid back, but perfectly willing to engage in a battle of wits with anyone who's so inclined. Don't lose much, either.

I felt that you had a chip on your shoulder with the VERY FIRST POST. It continued when you went on to say that you could tell an illegal when one opened his/her mouth. I never once said anything about the hispanic culture, gangs or graffiti. If you have issues with those points, take them up with the people who mentioned them.

You most certainly have a bias, and now you're lashing out at people who are trying to offer you constructive criticism. If that's the way you go about handling yourself, DON'T COME HERE. You won't be welcomed and will quickly find out that you don't fit in.

Old 08-31-2009, 03:40 PM

1,069 posts, read 2,173,970 times
Quote:
I have no use for gangs, graffiti or illegal aliens from any country. I also get enraged when I see illegal Mexican aliens on television flying the Mexican flag in big rallies in the United States and demanding their rights. I also get enraged when I hear Mexicans demand that we hang signs in Spanish, print ballots in Spanish, print all government regulations in Spanish. I read about a school district somewhere (California, Oregon, Washington, one of those liberal states out west) that was shipping in Mexican history and literature books so the school children wouldn't have to read in English.

Hispanics, blacks and white liberals consider me a racist. A white liberal told me that I should respect the graffiti "art" and the brotherhood relationships of gangs. The white liberal also told me my belief that English should be our official language and government should conduct business in English only is a racist viewpoint.

You say you are opposed to gangs and graffiti, too, yet you also say you are intolerant of people (racists) like me.

I'm real confused by you, too.

Old 08-31-2009, 04:28 PM

23,605 posts, read 30,340,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8 SNAKE View Post
Easy trigger. We're laid back, but perfectly willing to engage in a battle of wits with anyone who's so inclined. Don't lose much, either.

I felt that you had a chip on your shoulder with the VERY FIRST POST. It continued when you went on to say that you could tell an illegal when one opened his/her mouth. I never once said anything about the hispanic culture, gangs or graffiti. If you have issues with those points, take them up with the people who mentioned them.

You most certainly have a bias, and now you're lashing out at people who are trying to offer you constructive criticism. If that's the way you go about handling yourself, DON'T COME HERE. You won't be welcomed and will quickly find out that you don't fit in.
Ditto!

Leaving Colorado, I really wouldn't care to have you living next door to me and that has nothing to do with your ethnicity or "lack" thereof.

It's not about race. It's about socialization and the rule of law. If you're a lowlife and/or a law breaker then you're not welcome in my neighborhood.

If you're an angry person always on the defensive about possible "slights, real or imagined, you would not be pleasant to be around.

It's just that simple!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area