U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 09-01-2009, 10:58 PM
 
Location: Fort Collins,Colorado
42 posts, read 82,788 times
Reputation: 19

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozarksboy View Post
Here is the post that started the thread:



I thought you started this thread to try to verify rumors that Missouri lacks ethnic diversity by determining if we had a quota of illegal Mexicans here; I thought you were looking for a reason to join the chorus of outsiders who complain about how white this state is.

As everyone on city-data knows, I'm the one with a shoulder chip; I don't care for very many outsiders. I figure they're going to come in here and ruin the state. Curmudgeon and CaliBassMan are about the only ones I'm willing to accept. Of course, I don't have any veto power.
Well no even tho I may be part of the diversity,I honestly dont really care for it.Weird I know.I am originally from Memphis TN.....I left there for a reason.go figure if you know anything about the area.I moved to Colorado because the idea sounded good.Turns out the thought of it was better than it actually is.Dont get me wrong Ft.Collins is very nice,but it wont be in 5 yrs.Since I am from TN I thought MO might be a good choice.That my dear is why I asked the question.In an earlir post I stated how if you can't tell if they are illegal wait till they open their mouth.I got attacked for that,claiming that I was stereotyoing just because they speak spanish.I was just making it clear that I too speak spanish,but am far from an illegal.You were saying how Mexicans want this,and Mexicans want that.I only responded saying that I'm not Mexican.So I could care less what they do or dont want.

 
Old 09-01-2009, 11:37 PM
 
Location: SW MO Aux Arcs
19,229 posts, read 16,585,451 times
Reputation: 17352
Quote:
Originally Posted by leaving colorado View Post
Well no even tho I may be part of the diversity,I honestly dont really care for it.Weird I know.I am originally from Memphis TN.....I left there for a reason.go figure if you know anything about the area.I moved to Colorado because the idea sounded good.Turns out the thought of it was better than it actually is.Dont get me wrong Ft.Collins is very nice,but it wont be in 5 yrs.Since I am from TN I thought MO might be a good choice.That my dear is why I asked the question.In an earlir post I stated how if you can't tell if they are illegal wait till they open their mouth.I got attacked for that,claiming that I was stereotyoing just because they speak spanish.I was just making it clear that I too speak spanish,but am far from an illegal.You were saying how Mexicans want this,and Mexicans want that.I only responded saying that I'm not Mexican.So I could care less what they do or dont want.
So, on those clarifying and encouraging notes, may we now have peace and if there are any further areas of contention, simply agree to disagree?

By the way, it's not weird to be a part of but not be fond of the cultural diversity when you are proud of your origins but others with whom you may be identified by those who don't know you give it a bad name.
 
Old 09-02-2009, 07:52 AM
 
Location: Nixa
9 posts, read 9,277 times
Reputation: 28
Wink Fyi

Leavingcolorado, you will love it here! We just moved here from CO. I did
the normal checks to see if there was any 'mess' living around here. Here
is the answer to your original question:
1. No half eaten fruit or emty pop bottles found on walmart floor.
2. Toilet paper is still in all public restrooms.
3. No Escalades found at Social Services prking lot.
4. Home Depots, Lowes, Fast Food jnts., NOTTA!!
Ticks, chiggers, buffets, sweat pants, mullets, camo,
heck, through in some memphis!! I am here FOREVER..
 
Old 09-02-2009, 08:32 AM
 
4 posts, read 3,814 times
Reputation: 24
Hello again,

I hope many in Springfield may have read my post but there are a few more words i would like to add.

I am tired of hearing the race card played. Mexicans, Europeans and Arabs are all the same race.
They are all Caucasian. This is not about race. It is about CULTURE! It is about OVERCROWDING!
It is about CRIME! It is about lack of RESOURCES! It is about losing our QUALITY of LIFE!

For example...
Where I live there are many races, cultures, and religions. This is NOT by my choosing but because of what my idiot country has let in. These groups are constantly warring with each other and with the law. Police are always kept overworked to the max to prevent them from killing each other. And us.
This group hates that group so they fight each other and the taxpayers pay for and live with the mess. The wars and hatred they have in their countries they bring here and continue. Why the politicians here think that the hatred and grudges stop at our shores, I'll never understand. Whatever mess they come from is usually brought here with them.

Second. the idea that people are here to become "Americans" is ludicrous! This past Fourth of July, like so many others, was spent at our local park filled with THOUSANDS and THOUSANDS of Mexicans playing Mexican music and waving thousands of MEXICAN flags. Our choosing? NO but all the local parks were filled with this same stuff and when we played our American patriotic songs, they were quickly drowned out by the Mexican Boomboxes! We were swore at and told to get out of 'THEIR"
country! This is common here. We are frequently told by Mexicans that the USA BELONGS to THEM and we should get out! You can drive through many neighborhoods and see flags from many different countries but you will seldom see an American flag! You want that in YOUR city??? The Mexicans, like many people, come here for freebies. They get free everything in CA. And I do mean everything.
A illegal family from anywhere has access to anything a citizen has from banking, to real estate, to loans, welfare, medical, job training, schooling, etc. Come to CA and never work again. Even vote.
In CA they don't check your ID when you vote. That's why special interest groups sign up illegals to vote. When 9/11 happened, we saw thousands of Somalians out in the streets of CA celebrating the deaths of our 3000 people. You want that in your city?
We have cultures that come here that believe in "honor killings". We have cultures that come here that believe in child brides and female circumcision. We have cultures that come here that believe in killing freedom and Americans. We have cultures that come in here that believe in drugs and gangs.
We have cultures that come here that believe in having 9 kids and making others support them. We have cultures that come here that believe murder, rape, and stealing is an acceptable way of life. We have cultures that believe women should wear burkas and never talk to a man or face death. We have cultures that come here that refuse to learn English and demand everything be done in THEIR native language. WHY does our country let these people in? If they can't fix their own countries problems, what makes you think they will contribute here?
That's what I am shocked and appalled about!
You want diversity? Fine but let in only the cream of the crop that want to work, respect out laws and culture and want to be Americans. Not murderers, terrorists, gangs, leeches, and thieves!
Kick out the garbage and make our country safe again.
Next Fourth of July, we stay home.



And one more thing: the illegal that tried to murder my 88 year old neighbor. She is now severely handicapped for life. He is getting NO trial. He is being sent back to Mexico. The jails are too full our "legal" system says.

And you want this in Springfield????
 
Old 09-02-2009, 09:56 AM
 
Location: SW MO Aux Arcs
19,229 posts, read 16,585,451 times
Reputation: 17352
Quote:
Originally Posted by socalgal100 View Post
You want diversity? Fine but let in only the cream of the crop that want to work, respect out laws and culture and want to be Americans. Not murderers, terrorists, gangs, leeches, and thieves!
Kick out the garbage and make our country safe again.
Next Fourth of July, we stay home.

And one more thing: the illegal that tried to murder my 88 year old neighbor. She is now severely handicapped for life. He is getting NO trial. He is being sent back to Mexico. The jails are too full our "legal" system says.

And you want this in Springfield????
Could you tell us how you REALLY feel about it?

In my experience, most people who go around bleating celebrating diversity are those who want to appear "progressive" and give themselves warm, fuzzy feelings even if it's at the expense of the country. Most are adherents to one or two political parties and will pander for any group that will open it's tax payer-filled wallets and cast votes, legally or illegally.

We are moving to Missouri, leaving in CA a week from today, and one of the draws was the high degree of patriotism unashamedly on display there. I havent seen as many American flags flown in front of homes throughout most of this entire state as I saw along a few hundred miles of MO roads.

With any amount of luck, 0nce we're there the only time I will hear other languages being spoken is in ethnic restaurants, should I choose to patronize them.
 
Old 09-02-2009, 11:36 AM
 
Location: Fort Collins,Colorado
42 posts, read 82,788 times
Reputation: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Could you tell us how you REALLY feel about it?

In my experience, most people who go around bleating celebrating diversity are those who want to appear "progressive" and give themselves warm, fuzzy feelings even if it's at the expense of the country. Most are adherents to one or two political parties and will pander for any group that will open it's tax payer-filled wallets and cast votes, legally or illegally.

We are moving to Missouri, leaving in CA a week from today, and one of the draws was the high degree of patriotism unashamedly on display there. I havent seen as many American flags flown in front of homes throughout most of this entire state as I saw along a few hundred miles of MO roads.

With any amount of luck, 0nce we're there the only time I will hear other languages being spoken is in ethnic restaurants, should I choose to patronize them.
That is untill you cross my path.....yay para la America blanca
 
Old 09-04-2009, 10:30 AM
 
4 posts, read 3,814 times
Reputation: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Could you tell us how you REALLY feel about it?

In my experience, most people who go around bleating celebrating diversity are those who want to appear "progressive" and give themselves warm, fuzzy feelings even if it's at the expense of the country. Most are adherents to one or two political parties and will pander for any group that will open it's tax payer-filled wallets and cast votes, legally or illegally.

We are moving to Missouri, leaving in CA a week from today, and one of the draws was the high degree of patriotism unashamedly on display there. I havent seen as many American flags flown in front of homes throughout most of this entire state as I saw along a few hundred miles of MO roads.

With any amount of luck, 0nce we're there the only time I will hear other languages being spoken is in ethnic restaurants, should I choose to patronize them.

Hello again.

Gosh, I wish I was leaving with you.

Yeah, I said some of what I feel but not all. The pain of watching this state surrender to illegals and die is too much to endure.

To my friends in Missouri and anywhere else that is reading this.
Come to Ca and see the mess up close, then you'll know why you must prevent this from coming to your city or town.

We have bullet proof glass everywhere because of the gangs and murders. Even in fast food joints and in laundry mats. .
We have graffiti EVERYWHERE!
We have illegals accosting girls and women on many street corners, especially by stores.
We have many illegals with NO drivers licenses or insurance, hitting and hurting or killing thousands each year with their cars.
We read in the paper every day the many violent crimes that they have committed each day.
We get the many diseases, like TB, e coli, hepatitis, salmonella, AIDs, swine flu, etc. that they bring over.
We go to the stores where many illegals pull out food stamp cards, purchase steak and chops, and drive away in new cars! While my car is 13 years old and I buy hamburger.
Or we watch our disabled war vets get no public housing and live on the streets because the housing is filled with illegals!
ETC.
ETC.
ETC.
YOU WANT THIS??????
FIGHT illegal immigration!
Or this Tsunami of horrors will drown you, too!
DEPORT and get this garbage out of here!
Protect your city and country or you will be like CA. And Tx, and AZ etc...
And NEVER surrender.
We are dying.
Pray for us....................
 
Old 09-04-2009, 03:05 PM
 
Location: Not on the same page as most
2,501 posts, read 3,840,796 times
Reputation: 1512
Quote:
Originally Posted by socalgal100 View Post
Hello again.

Gosh, I wish I was leaving with you.

Yeah, I said some of what I feel but not all. The pain of watching this state surrender to illegals and die is too much to endure.

To my friends in Missouri and anywhere else that is reading this.
Come to Ca and see the mess up close, then you'll know why you must prevent this from coming to your city or town.

We have bullet proof glass everywhere because of the gangs and murders. Even in fast food joints and in laundry mats. .
We have graffiti EVERYWHERE!
We have illegals accosting girls and women on many street corners, especially by stores.
We have many illegals with NO drivers licenses or insurance, hitting and hurting or killing thousands each year with their cars.
We read in the paper every day the many violent crimes that they have committed each day.
We get the many diseases, like TB, e coli, hepatitis, salmonella, AIDs, swine flu, etc. that they bring over.
We go to the stores where many illegals pull out food stamp cards, purchase steak and chops, and drive away in new cars! While my car is 13 years old and I buy hamburger.
Or we watch our disabled war vets get no public housing and live on the streets because the housing is filled with illegals!
ETC.
ETC.
ETC.
YOU WANT THIS??????
FIGHT illegal immigration!
Or this Tsunami of horrors will drown you, too!
DEPORT and get this garbage out of here!
Protect your city and country or you will be like CA. And Tx, and AZ etc...
And NEVER surrender.
We are dying.
Pray for us....................
Is this due to diversity, or is this due to poverty? We have diversity in my neighborhood in the NY suburbs, and there is none of this. It's a middle class neighborhood, and people care about their property, and about their neighbors. However, if you travelled about 10 miles to the ghetto sections of the nearby part of a small city, you would see all of this, (with the exception of the bullet proof glass). There are illegals here, but they usually come to work the farms, or in the building trades, or as domestics, and they send money back to their families. They are from all over the world. They are some of the most hard working people you will ever see. I guess I've seen a much different side of diversity than you have. Just a different point of view.
 
Old 09-04-2009, 04:41 PM
 
Location: Rolla, Phelps County, Ozarks, Missouri
1,066 posts, read 1,561,216 times
Reputation: 1180
Quote:
Originally Posted by tambre View Post
We have diversity in my neighborhood in the NY suburbs, and there is none of this. It's a middle class neighborhood, and people care about their property, and about their neighbors....There are illegals here, but they usually come to work the farms, or in the building trades, or as domestics, and they send money back to their families. They are from all over the world. They are some of the most hard working people you will ever see. I guess I've seen a much different side of diversity than you have. Just a different point of view.
Hooray for diversity, then. I guess someday we'll be having Mexican Pride parades and protests for illegal immigrants rights. Tambre says they're wonderful people. We need to bone up on high school spanish and buy Mexican flags. Illegal immigrants have done wonders for california. I guess they can do the same for Missouri.
 
Old 09-04-2009, 05:11 PM
 
Location: Not on the same page as most
2,501 posts, read 3,840,796 times
Reputation: 1512
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozarksboy View Post
Hooray for diversity, then. I guess someday we'll be having Mexican Pride parades and protests for illegal immigrants rights. Tambre says they're wonderful people. We need to bone up on high school spanish and buy Mexican flags. Illegal immigrants have done wonders for california. I guess they can do the same for Missouri.
I don't think an influx of any one group of immigrants, who come in and destroy an area is diversity. I don't think we should all speak Spanish or buy Mexican flags...your interpretation. What has happened to California sounds horrific. It's the whole broad brush approach that all illegals are "bad and will destroy the fabric of the society that we live in" that I disagree with. But that's the groupthink mindset here. So, I'm offering another opinion based on what I personally have seen. Make fun of it if you like. I haven't lived your experience, and you haven't lived mine. I'm not saying you're not right in your circumstances, I'm just saying that there are other places where this is not the case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top