Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 10:51 AM

42 posts, read 156,105 times

Advertisements

I was just wondering the percentage of illegals in the area.I looked at the detailed profile,but that was from 2007.I hear the ethnic diversity is very little so just thought would ask.

Old 08-25-2009, 02:04 PM

Location: Branson-Hollister-Kimberling City-Blue Eye-Ridgedale
1,814 posts, read 5,363,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leaving colorado View Post
I was just wondering the percentage of illegals in the area.I looked at the detailed profile,but that was from 2007.I hear the ethnic diversity is very little so just thought would ask.
I don't know how you would find that figure...?

Old 08-25-2009, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake Junkie View Post
I don't know how you would find that figure...?
well i guess i meant if you live in the area would you say that you saw alot on a daily basis?

Old 08-25-2009, 08:18 PM

974 posts, read 1,582,111 times
Quote:
well i guess i meant if you live in the area would you say that you saw alot on a daily basis?
Out where I live, I would say no.

Old 08-26-2009, 12:40 PM

437 posts, read 1,067,513 times
Quote:

Do you really think you can spot illegals by appearance? Tell me how anyone call tell if a Hispanic individual or any one is illegal by looking?

You can't.

And hint, many of the illegals who are in the Springfield-Branson area are from eastern Europe, not Mexico.

Old 08-26-2009, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joetownmom View Post
Do you really think you can spot illegals by appearance? Tell me how anyone call tell if a Hispanic individual or any one is illegal by looking?

You can't.

And hint, many of the illegals who are in the Springfield-Branson area are from eastern Europe, not Mexico.
I'm sorry I hit a nerve with you ,but yes once they open their mouth I can usually tell if they are illegal.I dont care where they are from...illegal is illegal.Come to Colorado and you will know exactly what i am talking about.

Old 08-27-2009, 06:01 AM

1,255 posts, read 3,185,725 times
Quote:
I'm sorry I hit a nerve with you ,but yes once they open their mouth I can usually tell if they are illegal.I dont care where they are from...illegal is illegal.Come to Colorado and you will know exactly what i am talking about.
Well not true I know some that were born and raised here speak mostly Spanish.I was at a Dinner with a girl that was raised here and she was talking to her kids in Spanish and I told her what I thought of it.

Biggest thing I've seen around here is their last name changes after being here a couple years.

hillman

Old 08-27-2009, 06:57 AM

437 posts, read 1,067,513 times
Quote:

Just because someone speaks Spanish or with a Hispanic accent doesn't make someone "illegal". Most of the Hispanic immigrants are legal and I don't need to come to Colorado; we have many Hispanic immigrants in my corner of SWMO. They make good neighbors, good students, and good parishioners.

Old 08-27-2009, 07:11 AM

1,921 posts, read 6,406,440 times
Quote:
once they open their mouth I can usually tell if they are illegal.
What magical power enables you to accomplish such a feat?

Quote:
Come to Colorado and you will know exactly what i am talking about.
Been there, done that. I know exactly what you're talking about, but you're still blowing smoke when you say that you can spot an illegal by listening to a conversation. Your objectivity has flown out the window and has been replaced with stereotyping.

Old 08-27-2009, 07:50 AM

1,255 posts, read 3,185,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8 SNAKE View Post
What magical power enables you to accomplish such a feat?

Been there, done that. I know exactly what you're talking about, but you're still blowing smoke when you say that you can spot an illegal by listening to a conversation. Your objectivity has flown out the window and has been replaced with stereotyping.

Stereotyping yelp I decided to do this when the bulk of them are illegal and they live the lifestyle of one.

hillman
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area