Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2009, 03:35 PM

116 posts, read 228,937 times

Advertisements

First, let me say, what beautiful country!!!We could see the magic of the Lord's handwork EVERY where!!!We stayed four days and three nights. We decided that the restaurants on the strip were too "touristy" for us. We much preferred the quaint cafes in the historical Branson. The food was so much better in taste and in price!!!LOVED walking the historical streets with all the little shops. Dick's Oldtime 5 & 10 was positively the neatest store I have ever been in!!! We went to see "Dick Clark's Legends". It was great, especially the Temptations!!! I think age is the main factor in choosing the shows. We enjoyed the "Music from the 60's". It was very light and entertaining and the price was very reasonable. We drove over to Eureka Springs and stopped at a little cafe in Blue Eye. What a great surprise in the middle of no where!!! The food and atmosphere was the BEST!!! Eureka Springs was positively BEAUTIFUL!! The people were so warm and cordial. Go to the shops and talk to the people. They are eager to share their stories of the town. We drove to Springfield and saw Bass Pro Shop. It was very big and it was a hunter and fisherman's dream. The town was warm and friendly and very clean. It was very refreshing to be in the towns and find everything so clean and safe. (No graffiti and gangs)Excited about visiting again!!!Skipper
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2009, 04:47 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,479,020 times
We, too, returned from Branson about two weeks ago and liked the Ozarks and general area so much we purchased a home on Table Rock Lake. We'll be back in another two weeks to stay for good.

My wife lived both in and around Eureka Springs for seven years back in the 70s so we also visited there. There's a great Mom & Pop type restaurant right as you enter Huntsville.

Since our mailing address will be Blue Eye, although it's nine miles from the house, we'll have to try the cafe.

Beautiful countryside indeed!

Old 08-26-2009, 05:07 PM

1,069 posts, read 2,562,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skiper View Post
It was very refreshing to be in the towns and find everything so clean and safe. (No graffiti and gangs)Excited about visiting again!!!Skipper
Why are you opposed to diversity?

Old 08-26-2009, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozarksboy View Post
Why are you opposed to diversity?
Now OB, knawk it awf! He might take you seriously!

Old 08-26-2009, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiper View Post
(No graffiti and gangs)Excited about visiting again!!!Skipper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Now OB, knawk it awf! He might take you seriously!
Well, sir, graffiti and brotherhoods (gangs) are important aspects of Black and Mexican culture, and anyone who is opposed to them (graffiti and gangs) in their towns is obviously opposed to people of color and is therefore a rural, white racist.

At least that is what I, a rural, white Southerner-turned-Ozarks hillbilly, was told by someone who was seriously angry about my alleged racism.

I remain opposed to graffiti and gangs (as well as foul-mouthed, filthy rap music). I guess that makes me a racist by today's standards, even though I am not opposed to hard-working Blacks and Mexicans.

Old 08-26-2009, 08:06 PM

809 posts, read 163,445 times
Quote:
Since our mailing address will be Blue Eye, although it's nine miles from the house, we'll have to try the cafe.
Hey CM: You are almost an Arkie!

Old 08-26-2009, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkie4Life View Post
Hey CM: You are almost an Arkie!
Purty near!

Old 08-26-2009, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Purty near!
No, Curm, learn to talk hillbonics, it is "Purt near!"

Old 08-26-2009, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozarksboy View Post
No, Curm, learn to talk hillbonics, it is "Purt near!"
DANG! I wrassled with that!

Old 08-28-2009, 09:25 AM

182 posts, read 298,894 times
Quote:
Purty near!
Hope you like trout fishin!!!!!! Good luck on the moving!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area