U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2009, 02:59 PM

42 posts, read 134,515 times

Advertisements

I guess the point I am trying to make is that if one of us lost our job living in CO.We would sink fast.1500 a month would eat a hole in our savings quick.There what little mortgage we had wouldnt make me loose sleep at night,being that would be the only major payment for the month.Like I said I 'm not doing what I did here,and buy a big house just so I could impress family and friends.I want a double wide (used) sitting on about 2 acres,and call it a day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2009, 03:10 PM

635 posts, read 1,358,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leaving colorado View Post
My mortgage here is 1500 a month.My house was 200,000.My husband and I together are making 60,000 a yr.Now correct me if Im wrong,but if we came there and say made 30,000 a year it would even out because our mortgage wouldnt be that high.We want to buy land.Im not opposed to putting a double wide on it.We have been living life in the fast lane for the last 5 yrs.Killing ourselves just to make ends meet.We want the simple life again.
Other than rent (mortgage) every thing else (groceries etc) would be about the same. So maybe go to about 45,000 to be about the same.

Old 09-02-2009, 04:04 PM

1,806 posts, read 4,686,881 times
Cool You can get it...

Quote:
We want the simple life again.
Sounds like a plan!

Old 09-05-2009, 10:07 PM

15,527 posts, read 29,246,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joetownmom View Post
Start around minimum wage and go up very slow, very small.

Wages of most kind are not high in the Branson area.
Right you are, jowtownmom. You would be lucky to make more than minimum to start with. $8 an hour is considered "above average" and $10 is considered "premium" pay around here. LOL

As for the cost of living. It depends on what you can be happy with. There are some pretty nice houses out there for $75,000 - $80,000 or even less if you do not want/need something upscale in fancy-schmancy subdivisions. It's all up to the person doing the looking.

Nevertheless, it is hard for anybody to survive on $7.50 per hour these days.

20yrsinBranson

Old 09-05-2009, 10:09 PM

15,527 posts, read 29,246,638 times
Quote:
I guess the point I am trying to make is that if one of us lost our job living in CO.We would sink fast.1500 a month would eat a hole in our savings quick.There what little mortgage we had wouldnt make me loose sleep at night,being that would be the only major payment for the month.Like I said I 'm not doing what I did here,and buy a big house just so I could impress family and friends.I want a double wide (used) sitting on about 2 acres,and call it a day.
Good for you! That's what my dh and I did (except we have a single wide and 26 acres) and we are sure LOTS happier.

20yrsinBranson
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area