U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2009, 10:19 PM

Location: Finally escaped The People's Republic of California
11,110 posts, read 7,354,956 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneck51 View Post
? Please don't refer to us as goofy Californians... .
Well you are from Southern CAlifornia...LOL Let's face it, unless you dress like this.....

You are a Goofy Californian........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2009, 07:52 PM

1,069 posts, read 2,173,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneck51 View Post
Please don't refer to us as goofy Californians.
Thank you for correcting my mistake, and I absolutely apologize for butchering the English language.

There are no good reasons for redundant terms such as hot water heater, 4 a.m. in the morning, killed dead, or goofy Californians.

I'll try to do better next time.

Old 09-03-2009, 08:32 PM

1,069 posts, read 1,727,370 times
Actually, it is legal to shoot in national forests. You should bring paper targets and target stands (please don't tack them up to a tree) with you and take them when you leave. Setting off fireworks can generally be dangerous. Perhaps you might know someone who might have access to a quarry, that would be an excellent place to do both shooting and fireworks.

Old 09-03-2009, 09:11 PM

938 posts, read 3,055,796 times
To the OP, regardless of what I or anyone else on this forum tells you, if you plan to do any kind of shooting/fireworks in the National Forest, you should contact them first to determine the legality.

See: Mark Twain National Forest - Home Page - US Forest Service

Although, what is so wrong with those Conservation Department shooting ranges? It seems like there is one in every other county, and most of the ones I've been to have been pretty nice, and always empty. They also include real backstops and a controlled shooting environment...you don't have to worry about stray bullets harming someone/something else.

Old 09-04-2009, 07:39 PM

6,044 posts, read 21,135,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozarksboy View Post
Here's the way I see it adding up:

Goofball Californians +fireworks +Missouri wildlands =forest fire
I don't know exactly where you are in Missouri, but in my neck of the woods, they (they being Missouri natives) shoot off fireworks near wooded areas all the time. My neighbors would say, as long as an area has been subject to regular, controlled burns, it's pretty safe.

I wonder what the response would have been if the OP had been from Arkansas or Nebraska.

OP, I couldn't tell you where to go ... most folks in my area have at least a few acres and they shoot and set off fireworks on their own land. Welcome to Missouri.

Old 09-08-2009, 12:50 PM

10,157 posts, read 9,909,396 times
Hey Redneck51; Just ignore the other rednecks and do what you want on your own property out in the county away from any town etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area