U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2009, 11:53 AM

1 posts, read 1,955 times

Advertisements

hello, this is my first time to write in any forum. i would like to start a business near branson or SDC I need to find out the laws for the business i want to start. where would i begin???? and where would be the best place ?? i want to start a pet motel and day center for visitors to the area. i would like something that is already established or someone who is retireing. please send me some feed back .....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2009, 05:55 AM

1,806 posts, read 4,685,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gyspy 58 View Post
hello, this is my first time to write in any forum. i would like to start a business near branson or SDC I need to find out the laws for the business i want to start. where would i begin???? and where would be the best place ?? i want to start a pet motel and day center for visitors to the area. i would like something that is already established or someone who is retireing. please send me some feed back .....
Gypsy...I'd start by visiting the existing pet motels in the area. There's one off Hwy 248 just north of town, and a fairly new one south of the New Branson Regional Airport...they're both fairly nice.

You will need to contact Taney County, also. And you do know that this will be a very seasonal endeavor...right?

Welcome...to Branson and to CityData!

Old 10-04-2009, 08:05 PM

6 posts, read 41,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gyspy 58 View Post
There is already a pet motel in Hollister, only the tourists are the type of people that care about their pets, hillbillies just shoot them. One thing you need to do is capitalize your "I's" don't count on the locals cater to the tourists. Aquire or start a biz that is a neccesity in this economy that's all that will make we haven't hit bottom yets. JM

Old 10-05-2009, 01:26 AM

27 posts, read 50,552 times
Quote:
only the tourists are the type of people that care about their pets, hillbillies just shoot them
Well, I certainly hope this is not the case. I would freak out at such cruelty. I am planning a move to the Branson area (from California) and my pets are like my kids. Where I'm from, our pets ARE like our kids and are very loved and protected. Please tell me you are joking.

Old 10-05-2009, 09:43 AM

438 posts, read 912,124 times
I doubt it's a joke. I've known too many people who viewed their pets as expendable and did shoot them, either because of some perceived misbehavior or just because they needed to get rid of them.

Old 10-05-2009, 12:08 PM

Well then. I guess I will just have to open a shelter for such animals, won't I? Y'all got a crazy cat lady that lives around you? Or know of one? I will be the crazy dog, horse, cat, etc lady. No humans allowed though. I'll shoot them particular critters for any perceived misbehavior or if they just need getting rid of.

Old 10-05-2009, 02:24 PM

1,255 posts, read 2,693,962 times
Yea I've known of people that shoot their animals before leaving.But in some ways I find it worse what their doing around here.Just leaving them and not telling anyone.

hillman

Old 10-05-2009, 02:35 PM

438 posts, read 912,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillman View Post
Yea I've known of people that shoot their animals before leaving.But in some ways I find it worse what their doing around here.Just leaving them and not telling anyone.

hillman

Both are bad. I also hated it when someone dumped an animal out in the country (which unfortunately happens a lot if you live in the country). There were always too many for me to take in and I hated seeing someone's family pet chase every car that came down the road, hoping their family had come back for them.

Old 10-05-2009, 05:45 PM

Old 10-05-2009, 06:04 PM

1,069 posts, read 2,173,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joetownmom View Post
Both are bad. I also hated it when someone dumped an animal out in the country (which unfortunately happens a lot if you live in the country). There were always too many for me to take in and I hated seeing someone's family pet chase every car that came down the road, hoping their family had come back for them.
City people dump their unwanted animals in the country and tell their kids that the animals will find their way to a farm where the farmer will take care of them. The farmer doesn't want strays on his property, so he just shoots them.

The moral: Don't dump your unwanted animals in the country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area