U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2009, 01:31 PM

6,044 posts, read 21,125,101 times

Advertisements

Halloween is probably my favorite holiday. I love corn mazes (especially haunted ones), haunted houses, hayrides, and also the candy, dressing up, decorations, pumpkins, gourds, everything about it.
This year I'm going back to the haunted corn maze in Lowry City. It was pretty good last year, and that's impressive being that I think last year was their first year doing it. They are open during the day too but it's not haunted then. The MAiZE
I'm also going to visit the Hotel of Terror in Springfield this year. It looks really good from the website.
I may also visit Giboney Cave in Springfield while in Springfield...totally not related to Halloween but they are doing cave tours the 11th, 18th, 24th and 31st. They have hay rides too, might do that as well.
Has anyone been to the Hotel? Is it good?
Feel free to share your favorite area Halloween activities!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2009, 08:47 AM

1,238 posts, read 3,965,304 times
A couple weekends ago we went to KC to the largest spook houses they have, The Edge of Hell and The Beast. They were AWESOME! They are in warehouses, and within walking distance of each other. Lots of animatronics, fog, and special effects. But go soon, the waiting lines will be several hours long closer to Halloween. We are going back up for the Fright Nights at Worlds of Fun and several more spook houses in a couple of weeks.
Halloween is my husbands favorite time of year too. He is getting the yard decorations out of storage right now. He is president of the area hearse club and we will be visiting and rating the local spook houses this year. Joplin has at least 9, some very professional.
We always have lots of friends bring their kids by on Halloween since we dress up and decorate. For them, we make caramel apples and popcorn balls. Everyone else gets candy. However, the majority of Trick-or-Treaters will head down Grand Street in Carthage to go to the historic Victorian homes. They are talking about shutting down vehicle traffic this year since there are 1500 kids running around!
http://www.kcbeast.com/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1 (broken link)

Old 10-25-2009, 06:51 PM

6,044 posts, read 21,125,101 times
I may have to check out Joplin next year - wow, 9 haunted houses! We went to the Hotel of Terror last night, and maybe I am getting fainthearted in my old age, but it was scary! lol Definitely the scariest I've been to, and I've been to several. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a scare, but you might not like it if you are claustrophobic, or a very large person - there are some tight spots in there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area