Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2009, 02:44 PM

2 posts, read 13,278 times

Advertisements

How many illegals in Missouri. Are they welcomed, or must they all move to Texas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2009, 08:13 PM

471 posts, read 1,320,397 times
"Are they welcomed?" uuuhhhh No. "Should they move to Texas?" uuuuhhh No.
Should they return to their home country and re-enter legaly? Yes.

Old 10-17-2009, 08:22 PM

270 posts, read 652,715 times
There are some illegals here but not to the extend of some other states. Most I've met do manual labor for golf courses and landscape industry and some work as nannies under slave labor type conditions mostly for rich, white folks. I speak spanish so I've been able to learn a bit about some of the people I've met. They are often severly taken advantage of and it's a shame our corrupt government choses to allow wanton abuse of these people to continue to please rich, white people who are too lazy to cut their own grass or raise their own kids and chose to expliot people.

Old 10-17-2009, 09:48 PM

4,682 posts, read 12,012,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixtwobaldguy View Post
There are some illegals here but not to the extend of some other states. Most I've met do manual labor for golf courses and landscape industry and some work as nannies under slave labor type conditions mostly for rich, white folks. I speak spanish so I've been able to learn a bit about some of the people I've met. They are often severly taken advantage of and it's a shame our corrupt government choses to allow wanton abuse of these people to continue to please rich, white people who are too lazy to cut their own grass or raise their own kids and chose to expliot people.

Seriously, help me understand just how it is that 'tis the "corrupt government's" fault that this is occurring?

Old 10-18-2009, 04:01 PM

2,140 posts, read 4,429,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowCaver View Post

Seriously, help me understand just how it is that 'tis the "corrupt government's" fault that this is occurring?

I'd like to know too. It is not exactly as if the illegals are being forced by our government to come here. Slave labor type conditions? Maybe I should just stop right here, or else this thread might go in the exact same direction as so many other forum threads we've had on the subject of illegal aliens. There really is no comparison between the plight of pre-Civil War slaves like Dred Scott and those who were forcibly removed from the African continent, and today's illegals who are here mainly to escape mind-boggling government corruption in their native countries, and who do not want to return to them.

Missouri has taken, at least when Matt Blunt was Governor, an arguably harder stand against the presence of illegals than any other state.

Old 10-18-2009, 08:09 PM

31 posts, read 100,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northbayeric View Post
I'd like to know too. It is not exactly as if the illegals are being forced by our government to come here. Slave labor type conditions? Maybe I should just stop right here, or else this thread might go in the exact same direction as so many other forum threads we've had on the subject of illegal aliens. There really is no comparison between the plight of pre-Civil War slaves like Dred Scott and those who were forcibly removed from the African continent, and today's illegals who are here mainly to escape mind-boggling government corruption in their native countries, and who do not want to return to them.

Missouri has taken, at least when Matt Blunt was Governor, an arguably harder stand against the presence of illegals than any other state.
Being in Missouri you must not here of the tunnels under the border the U.S. Gov't has built to smuggle them in, the "coyotes" hired by the US Gov't to sneak them in and store them in US Gov't financed and run drop houses! These people have no choice! They are forced here under their own will to make the pay of a businessman in Mexico working as a landscaper in the United States...Hope my satire is picked up.

Old 10-18-2009, 10:17 PM

2 posts, read 13,278 times
Thanks for answering my question. We will be heading to your lovely state next April, May for our vacation. Three weeks we will be spending in your state. It will be nice to know that we can go eat and hear other people talk in English. If anyone has any suggestions of what we need to see please let me know. Thanks once again for your posts.

Old 10-18-2009, 10:25 PM

9,803 posts, read 16,106,330 times
Poultry processsing plants and meat packing plants are 2 of the major culprits in hiring illegals.

I don't know if there are a lot of those plants in Missouri.

( There was a packing plant in Macon Missouri years back)

Old 10-20-2009, 07:04 AM

437 posts, read 1,066,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marmac View Post
Poultry processsing plants and meat packing plants are 2 of the major culprits in hiring illegals.

I don't know if there are a lot of those plants in Missouri.

( There was a packing plant in Macon Missouri years back)

There are both types of plants, more poultry in the Ozarks, more beef/pork elswhere.

Old 10-20-2009, 07:59 AM

1,814 posts, read 2,481,414 times
It's too bad Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio can't take a temporary assignment in Missouri and every other state and clean out the resource-draining, non-taxpaying illegals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area