U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-17-2009, 01:44 PM
 
2 posts, read 12,510 times
Reputation: 27

Advertisements

How many illegals in Missouri. Are they welcomed, or must they all move to Texas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-17-2009, 07:13 PM
 
Location: alaska
471 posts, read 1,138,749 times
Reputation: 340
"Are they welcomed?" uuuhhhh No. "Should they move to Texas?" uuuuhhh No.
Should they return to their home country and re-enter legaly? Yes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-17-2009, 07:22 PM
 
270 posts, read 569,771 times
Reputation: 154
There are some illegals here but not to the extend of some other states. Most I've met do manual labor for golf courses and landscape industry and some work as nannies under slave labor type conditions mostly for rich, white folks. I speak spanish so I've been able to learn a bit about some of the people I've met. They are often severly taken advantage of and it's a shame our corrupt government choses to allow wanton abuse of these people to continue to please rich, white people who are too lazy to cut their own grass or raise their own kids and chose to expliot people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-17-2009, 08:48 PM
 
Location: MO Ozarkian in NE Hoosierana
4,679 posts, read 10,640,085 times
Reputation: 6868
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixtwobaldguy View Post
There are some illegals here but not to the extend of some other states. Most I've met do manual labor for golf courses and landscape industry and some work as nannies under slave labor type conditions mostly for rich, white folks. I speak spanish so I've been able to learn a bit about some of the people I've met. They are often severly taken advantage of and it's a shame our corrupt government choses to allow wanton abuse of these people to continue to please rich, white people who are too lazy to cut their own grass or raise their own kids and chose to expliot people.


Seriously, help me understand just how it is that 'tis the "corrupt government's" fault that this is occurring?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-18-2009, 03:01 PM
 
Location: Still in the same spot...
2,130 posts, read 3,926,315 times
Reputation: 1529
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowCaver View Post


Seriously, help me understand just how it is that 'tis the "corrupt government's" fault that this is occurring?

I'd like to know too. It is not exactly as if the illegals are being forced by our government to come here. Slave labor type conditions? Maybe I should just stop right here, or else this thread might go in the exact same direction as so many other forum threads we've had on the subject of illegal aliens. There really is no comparison between the plight of pre-Civil War slaves like Dred Scott and those who were forcibly removed from the African continent, and today's illegals who are here mainly to escape mind-boggling government corruption in their native countries, and who do not want to return to them.

Missouri has taken, at least when Matt Blunt was Governor, an arguably harder stand against the presence of illegals than any other state.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-18-2009, 07:09 PM
 
Location: Springfield, Missouri
31 posts, read 88,752 times
Reputation: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by northbayeric View Post
I'd like to know too. It is not exactly as if the illegals are being forced by our government to come here. Slave labor type conditions? Maybe I should just stop right here, or else this thread might go in the exact same direction as so many other forum threads we've had on the subject of illegal aliens. There really is no comparison between the plight of pre-Civil War slaves like Dred Scott and those who were forcibly removed from the African continent, and today's illegals who are here mainly to escape mind-boggling government corruption in their native countries, and who do not want to return to them.

Missouri has taken, at least when Matt Blunt was Governor, an arguably harder stand against the presence of illegals than any other state.
Being in Missouri you must not here of the tunnels under the border the U.S. Gov't has built to smuggle them in, the "coyotes" hired by the US Gov't to sneak them in and store them in US Gov't financed and run drop houses! These people have no choice! They are forced here under their own will to make the pay of a businessman in Mexico working as a landscaper in the United States...Hope my satire is picked up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-18-2009, 09:17 PM
 
2 posts, read 12,510 times
Reputation: 27
Thanks for answering my question. We will be heading to your lovely state next April, May for our vacation. Three weeks we will be spending in your state. It will be nice to know that we can go eat and hear other people talk in English. If anyone has any suggestions of what we need to see please let me know. Thanks once again for your posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-18-2009, 09:25 PM
 
9,807 posts, read 12,906,251 times
Reputation: 8127
Poultry processsing plants and meat packing plants are 2 of the major culprits in hiring illegals.

I don't know if there are a lot of those plants in Missouri.

( There was a packing plant in Macon Missouri years back)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-20-2009, 06:04 AM
 
Location: south Missouri
438 posts, read 912,430 times
Reputation: 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by marmac View Post
Poultry processsing plants and meat packing plants are 2 of the major culprits in hiring illegals.

I don't know if there are a lot of those plants in Missouri.

( There was a packing plant in Macon Missouri years back)

There are both types of plants, more poultry in the Ozarks, more beef/pork elswhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-20-2009, 06:59 AM
 
Location: Edwardsville, IL
1,815 posts, read 2,012,271 times
Reputation: 1472
It's too bad Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio can't take a temporary assignment in Missouri and every other state and clean out the resource-draining, non-taxpaying illegals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top