U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2009, 06:54 PM

17 posts, read 30,866 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone!!

My hubby and i are looking to relocate to nixa or surrounding towns so if any of you would be so kind as to answer some of my questions i would greatly appreciate it...
we currently live in grove ok.... we have lived here for about a a yr and a half ago... we hate it here and hate the people... I have never in my life met more rude mean and nasty inconciderate snobby people!! if you dont have money u will be snubbed.. we do love the beauty and the lake... so here is what we are looking for... my hubby and I and my 17 yr old daughter are people lovers we want to be a part of a town that has genuinly loving people who care about one another... (does that even exsist anymore? I am used to people waving and saying hi.. oh how i miss that.. We are also looking for good high schools. how about low crime, shopping near by ( not that i shop alot but its nice once in awhile.. and most importantly jobs!! my hubby is a licensed electrician and we also have a HUSBAND and WIFE HANDYMAN biz.. we would LOVE to meet new people and good friends... so friends any suggestions were you would like to put my family?
oh and ps we also LOVE the lake!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2009, 07:28 PM

158 posts, read 312,740 times
Yes, I know that place! It's called Pleasantville, and they even made a movie about it. Ok, just kidding. I hope you're not setting yourself up for failure because, if my vast and worldly experience is any indicator of reality, what you're looking for doesn't exist. (well, maybe on another planet) All the same, I wish you luck in your search! :-)

Old 10-27-2009, 08:15 AM

1,921 posts, read 5,551,912 times
Construction in Nixa and surrounding areas is SLOW, SLOW, SLOW. I don't know about the handy man biz, but it would seem to have a bit more potential right now than an electrician.

Aside from that, Nixa would seem to meet your other needs/wants. It's not Mayberry though, so don't be disillusioned.

Old 10-27-2009, 12:02 PM

33 posts, read 66,137 times
Willard is a very friendly and happy town to live in. It is smaller and slower paced than Nixa. There's more to do in Nixa and it is much more populated. Willard is what I like to call a sleepy town.....just a nice place to live. It is within 5-10 minutes of major shopping and the school district is wonderful! I have done a lot of research on the different schools in this area and the top ones are Nixa and Willard (there are all sorts of websites where you can do your own research, but one of them is www.greatschools.com). We currently live in Willard but plan to move to Nixa. The only reason is because my hubby is from a VERY large city and would prefer to live where it is a touch bigger and more active than Willard. I just hope that once we move to Nixa, we don't end up missing the calm and quiet of Willard (and, yes, VERY VERY low crime rate!).

Good luck with your decision...this part of Missouri is a wonderful place to live and to raise your kiddos!

Old 10-27-2009, 04:38 PM

Default Nixa

Thank you so much everyone for your responses and please keep them coming... there is one question i would like to ask but i dont want my head bite off.... becuz i mean no harm to noone so here goes... is there any illegals movin in nixa? are there alot of them around and what about chicken plants are there alot of them around nixa or surrounding areas? im not a racist so please dont take it that way but lets face it illegals bring crime and trash and other unwanted things around. i love ALL colors of people i just dont apreciate what the illegals bring.. thanks in advance

Old 10-27-2009, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshyne9115 View Post
Thank you so much everyone for your responses and please keep them coming... there is one question i would like to ask but i dont want my head bite off.... becuz i mean no harm to noone so here goes... is there any illegals movin in nixa? are there alot of them around and what about chicken plants are there alot of them around nixa or surrounding areas? im not a racist so please dont take it that way but lets face it illegals bring crime and trash and other unwanted things around. i love ALL colors of people i just dont apreciate what the illegals bring.. thanks in advance
Ozark has Mexicans...this started years back from Branson construction. Nixa, so far, is not really seeing this...probably because Nixa is more pricey to live in than Ozark. As far as Willard goes...the minorities are not seen at all.

I only know of one chicken plant and it is in Mansfield, MO and it could have changed as I have gotten older, but these jobs are typically employed with local people.

Good luck with your decision.

Old 10-27-2009, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saddlebrookemaybe View Post
Ozark has Mexicans...this started years back from Branson construction. Nixa, so far, is not really seeing this...probably because Nixa is more pricey to live in than Ozark. As far as Willard goes...the minorities are not seen at all.

I only know of one chicken plant and it is in Mansfield, MO and it could have changed as I have gotten older, but these jobs are typically employed with local people.

Good luck with your decision.
Actually, now that I think about it, I believe the Mansfield chicken plant closed a few years back.

Old 11-02-2009, 10:48 PM

84 posts, read 182,222 times
What "race" are the millions of "entrants" forcing their 2nd-world culture upon We, the People?

A rhetorical question.

Rather than "racism" a better term is likely "culturalist" or "behavioralist."

I fled California in 1993, my home state, due to the behavior and culture of the multitude of "entrants."

Intense propaganda and a failure to view reality along with other social changes has, sadly, led to good law-abiding citizens who would never interfere with other's lawful rights to feel the need to proclaim their lack of not being a "racist."

So sad.

The fragmenting of the USA.

Though things are slow I believe this area NEEDS a QUALIFIED electrician.

Even local work doing small jobs at local houses may be enough to allow a couple to dwell in what is a semi-upper scale suburb such as Nixa or an outlaying town.

Read the following for general info; wrote it a wee bit ago:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/11458091-post14.html

Be aware a section of Nixa has a flood problem, near the old downtown.

Beware of the sinkholes... perhaps a geological survey before buying.

Property taxes relatively low.

Generally friendly folk but folks are not as trustworthy as they use to be, in my opinion, but that is society-wide.

Churches might be the best way to meet kindred spirits, even if thou are not "religious."

Locals TEND to beware of high-falutin' city-talk. Unless you interact with the educated minority.

Currently a LOT of rental housing due to, I believe, folks having to move back home or double or triple up with others due to high unemployment.

Now is the time to buy locally.

Poorer parts of town has some fantastic deals, especially for a couple handy with a saw and hammer.

Average shopping in the metro area for a city this size.

Several colleges in the area.

You decide if entertainment is okay, a Web search will assist there.

Local lakes and state parks for outside fun.

Lots of "lower class' working class blue-collar types abound and it can be difficult to find folks to engage in higher-level educated discourse with. It is likely that upper-level cognitive interactions can be found via clubs, organizations, college classes, etc but do not expect to find excess knowledge within the typical "man on the street."

Many locals are likely offended via those words but they are either not the type of folks reading a Web message board or able to ascertain a lack of education due to the limited training they have undergone; operating at more of a basic instinctual level.

Good luck.

Old 11-09-2009, 02:01 PM

10 posts, read 17,125 times
If you are looking for a nice area and good schools, I would say you are making a good move with nixa. I do have one suggestion for you , though. Move to a new neighborhood, and make sure there are young kids, and you will find most people are transplants, and very friendly. If you move into an established area, I have had people tell me the people stay to themselves. We love love love our neighborhood, schools, friends, house, and all the activities (including the lake) around here. For us, we feel like we are in Mayberry sometimes...but that is us. We lucked out in our neighboorhood. I would take the time to really reseach a neighborhood. It is important. Oh, and people are so NOT snobby. No one cares what you wear, drive, or how big your house it. I think you can just be yourself...

Old 11-09-2009, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjnewyork View Post
If you are looking for a nice area and good schools, I would say you are making a good move with nixa. I do have one suggestion for you , though. Move to a new neighborhood, and make sure there are young kids, and you will find most people are transplants, and very friendly. If you move into an established area, I have had people tell me the people stay to themselves. We love love love our neighborhood, schools, friends, house, and all the activities (including the lake) around here. For us, we feel like we are in Mayberry sometimes...but that is us. We lucked out in our neighboorhood. I would take the time to really reseach a neighborhood. It is important. Oh, and people are so NOT snobby. No one cares what you wear, drive, or how big your house it. I think you can just be yourself...

thats a very good idea but how do i go about researching the neighborhoods? could u give me some info or pointers on how to go about this.... and thank you so much for your reply
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area